We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 week stay at Swiss Palm Beach. My husband, 14-year old daugher and i stayed in an apartment right by the pool.
The only negative thing I have to say about the hotel is this: we had initially requested a rate that included breakfast and was told that they dont generally include breakfast in the rate, but that the unit had an equipped kitchen. I was happy with that, BUT the kitchen i'm afraid to say was poorly equipped to say the least - 1 pot, a pan, some mismatched crockery and cutlery, a toaster and a toaster oven, that all needed a good wash before using and no dish towel. That said though, we ended up having breakfast in the restaurant every morning and there were so many food options practically on the doorstep of the hotel. So really, the one disappointing thing (the kitchen) turned out to be a non-event. To the management I would suggest though that if you offer an 'equipped kitchen' that you improve on what the kitchen is equipped with.
Being creatures of habit we had the same breakfast every morning and we were not disappointed at any time.
The restaurant (Le Gong) was really good. The service and meals (the breakfast and the few other meals we had in the restaurant) were of a very high standard. Hats off to the serving staff and the chef!
The pool is rather small but very clean, and we only used it on 3 occassions BUT the beautiful beach is literally a 2 minute walk away from the hotel. We spend all of our time (when not on a tour) on this beautiful stretch of beach.
The unit itself was comfortable although I do not know how the deluxe room we booked was any better than a standard (which was cheaper). We had a few niggles with the aircon in the second bedroom but Philipe (the manager) sorted it out very efficiently on both occassions. The unit was serviced to a high standard everyday, even on the days that we did not start our day before 12 noon.
I would definitely recommend this hotel as a comfortable base from which to explore Phuket.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Palm Beach Hotel Phuket
- Swiss Palm Beach Hotel
- Swiss Palm Beach Patong, Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swiss Palm Beach Hotel in Phuket Thailand is set in a beautiful landscaped garden located in a quiet area of Northern Patong Beach.Stay with us and get all the comforts of home with the luxury of a hotel. A peacefull place to enjoy a relaxing holiday in a friendly atmosphere. Enjoy sunbathing on a white sandy beach, or swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Andaman Sea, only 150 m from the hotel and 500m from the colorful nightlife and excellent shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Swiss Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.