“Great hotel all round” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kelly's Hotel

You added Kelly's Hotel to your Saves list
Kelly's Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47/1 Nanai Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #32 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cork, Ireland
“Great hotel all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed at Kelly's for 14 nights and could not rate it more highly. We had a lovely poolside room with a GREAT bed. The air-con was terrific and there was also a fan in the room which really helped the cool air to circulate. Clean towels and sheets every day and pool/beach towels supplied on demand. Dan and Tan are very welcoming hosts and will do, or arrange, anything for you - including a visit to a dentist which I needed while there. They have a "resident" taxi driver who is always available to take you anywhere you want to go.
This hotel is a "home from home" and we loved it. We will return.
Thank you Dan and Tan for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
KellysOwner, Manager at Kelly's Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Hi from County Cork.

Thanks for the great review it was a pleasure have you and your husband, you brought happiness to Kellys with your Irish humor.
It would make us happy to see you back on day, best of Irish luck to you.
We love reviews that are open and honest.

Thanks Tan, Dan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

As organised picked up from the airport. The driver was kind and informative. Arrived at Kellys to be met by Tan who gave us a bunch of information that was very useful for 1st timers to Phuket. Both Dan and Tan were always available when we needed something. Breakfast is reasonably priced and cooked by the owners doesn't get much more personal. Beers were always cold. The room was cleaned daily and the bed was very comfy we got lots more sleep than normal. Tan always did what she said and had our transport and tours taken care of... Dan was always there at the right time for a good yarn.
kind regards
deon and fiona

• Stayed January 2014
KellysOwner, Manager at Kelly's Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a positive review.
Your review is appreciated as we know its not everyone's cuppa tea to take the time to write a positive review.
There are certain things that are a must for travelers to Phuket, and the first part of this is Taxi pick up from airport and all the free information, both save you time, money and problems.
We love to talk to all people and tell what we know if interested, you get to places no other tourist get's to see or experience.
We give you access to all that took us years to find out.

Thanks very much from Tan & Dan
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Just came home from a 6-night stay at Kelly's Hotel over a week of year-end holidays in Phuket. I have booked Kelly following some strong recommendations and initially I did have some doubts that reviews may be a little exaggerated or that the reviewers are very generous with their compliments. But the very night I stepped into Kelly's Hotel, despite not having a very glamorous facade I must say, fully convinced me of its reputation.

I think one has set adjust his or her mindset when staying at Kelly's. It's a family run hotel - and how I really love it to see a family putting the business together - kids included. The proprietors really put in their own immaculate efforts to see to the guests, not like the usual bosses who sat there and gave commands or instructions. Every detail we requested was kept to task and the promptness and 24-7 responses from the owners (even unearthly late night hours) were a first in all my hotel stays over the years and I dare say around the world.

Going in details - The rooms - we had a king pool view at level 4 and a king poolside which opens its glass sliding door to a small but excellently maintained swimming pool.The rooms were especially cleaned - I cannot commend more on the housekeeping - every detail was taken care of, from helping us wash our dive mask and snorkels to changing sheets everyday (beat that). Rooms have TV with satellite channels, adequate lighting, plenty of mirrors and spic and span bathrooms. For the price we paid to stay in the rooms each day, I second the owners to say that its an excellent and fair bargain.

Hotel Facilities - we only used the swimming pool - while some will whine unfairly about its size, they have forgotten that the pool was never flogged with people (like some roof top pools - looked glamorous in photos but its like a hot pot full of stuff in them during peak). We had all the quietude we wanted, no disturbances, NO outsiders (best part) and this hotel offers plenty of "social discretion" i call it - no one brings "unauthorised" guests back for the night, at least I understood - its not allowed in its policy.

Hotel Services - Much has been complimented on the excellent services in tour booking and such and I vouched for its blatant truth. To convince potential guests on my two tour activities booked by the owners (who forked out from their pocket to pay for the tours first for us) - one to Phi Phi island, we saved 800 baht for not booking from street side vendors and 1000 baht for not booking online but having Kelly's Hotel to book for us. And there were three for us. For a cooking class, we saved 400 baht for not booking from street side vendors and 800 for not booking online - and again three of us. The best part from these savings, was that the vendors chosen on our behalf were really top notch in the tourism game. The Phi Phi adventure was never rushy, and albeit in hordes of tourists, the vendors knew exactly what time to visit which spot so that the crowd had either done and gone, or not there yet. For the cooking class, it was an excellent review given to the cooking school for its clarity, time management, fun element and really not just rubbish recipes to just grab your dough. Let's just say I know how to make some really splendid mango sticky rice not cos I am a genius in culinary skills, but the clarity and concise manner in which we were taught, All these came from the booking and arrangement from the owners of Kelly's Hotel.

Transport Services - Really taxi was a zero hassle organized by them. Don't be fibbed by metered taxis which claimed they charge only 600 baht. They have all kinds of add-on gimmicks from "peak hour" or "patong" surcharge crap. Was very happy that Kelly's Hotel transportation and transfer management was efficient and haggle-less. We were late for an hour at the airport and expected the transfer to have left. Not only did she not depart, she graciously responded that it was a common thing that flights get delayed and there was no issue at all for her, as long as she got to pick us up and send us to our destination safely. Imagine someone telling you that when you offered an apology for being an hour late. We also booked the daily taxi from Kelly's Hotel - driver was really someone I would hire every time I go to Phuket. Prices are DEFINITELY cheaper than trying to bargain your life with one of those taxis on a daily rate, absolutely safe driving, no speeding yet knew his way around to get us to some lovely beaches which were a great contrast to the rowdy Patong or Kata. Brought us around to Phuket Town for the weekend bazaars, mad crowd and we lost him but he got off the car and found us instead. Punctuality was faultless and even after we exceeded the 8 hour booking, he was never in a rush and generously offered us a no extra charge because "it was the traffic jam that wasted our time so not our fault." So he told us. Trust me, having been to Phuket for 8 times over the past few years, you really don't come across such personal service providers anymore.

Hotel location was a whine for many in tripadvisor. While I wouldn't say that Jung Ceylon is only next door, I really cannot imagine anyone throwing a fuss over the short walk from the hotel to shopping areas in brightly lit streets full of eateries and shops. Traffic is bustling but it's like that for the whole of Patong. I didn't time how long we took to head to the beach or as a matter of fact didn't even notice as along the way there we many things to see and shop.

All in all, we had a great time in Phuket. To close this review, this is the longest time we stayed in Phuket over the past trips, and we spent the least on transport, stays and leisure. So that sums in up for the dollar note. But that aside, it was the least troublesome, stressless and most hospitable stay we had. Special thanks to the owners of this hotel, who organized our needs for us. The plaque goes to you guys.

Room Tip: King Rooms at level 1 are actually pool rooms with the pool less than two metres from your own veran...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
KellysOwner, Manager at Kelly's Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Hi thanks for review.

Sorry I took so long to answer to this fantastic review, I have been off line for awhile.
This is the sort of review that gives people confidence, being a small boutique very cheap hotel we struggle to get across who we are, and in here you nail it.
You have done a good job on this, you picked up on what a lot of people take for granted.

Kellys is set up for easy, and we think over time we have got everything down pat for what most tourists want, and that seems to be a holiday with out hassles and a lot of unnecessary costs, this we have trouble getting across to the public you can get ripped off in phuket and all along the way getting here, some of us in the industry are honest but swamped by big bucks steering tourists with a lot of hot air and hype, sure there are great places to stay but for the average tourist by far to expensive, were small but honest and we drop off all the unnecessary fluffy bits but in the end give far more in service and value where it counts.

Taxis have always been a big problem in Phuket, so we use just a couple that we found were not rip off and very easy to use, this escapes a lot of people when a taxi actually waits if your plane is late, sometimes when a plane is real late driver will show you your room we are constantly in contact with these people, and we often give drivers a room on late check ins.
Many a phone and a wallet have been retrieved by using these taxis, even when they have to give the job to a mate, their still contactable, not so if you catch an airport taxi, airport taxis are one big company and drivers work for that company and unfortunately this is why scams are perpetrated, no owner operators, and no way of making extra money so they scam. .

Money saving is so important and you picked that up also, it can make your room very cheap or free on the savings.
And yes to many people use reviews to whine about nothing, and it can wear us down.

Again Thanks for taking the time to write a long and very informative review.
Tan & Dan.
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was met at the airport and taken to Kelly's where I was met by Dan and Tan the owners. I immediately felt at home and as hosts you will never find any better.
My room was on the 4th floor and overlooked the pool and street beyond and would make for interesting people watching time when tired. The room was lovely, always kept clean by very friendly staff and I would rate this as 10 out of 10. Dan the proprietor is a character who took care of me and let me have some good advice as this was my first trip to Thailand. He also cooks the best ever Aussie breakfast and had I continued to eat it everyday I would now be huge. The position of the hotel is great as it is very close to everything but you don't get the noise at night. I would highly recommend this hotel and would like to add that even though the Ashes were going on and England were losing the banter was friendly and very enjoyable.
I have made many friends on this trip and I have met one special one who I will be meeting in Bangkok on the 18th and after a few days we will be travelling to her hometown of Lampang. I would also like to thank the Taxi driver who enabled me to keep the relationship going when I messed up. He was always willing to take me to where he had dropped her.
If you want an amazing holiday and also like to be known by your name rather than just a room number, this is the place. You will not regret it.
Thanks Dan & Tan, I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year.
Best wishes the Pommie C. T , Jason.

Room Tip: 4th floor was great but Dan showed me the Penthouse and that was amazing and very good value.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Let me start with the owners Dan and Tan,who simply made themselves available for all your requests.I stayed for 7 nights in November and was glad i did as they arranged everything from taxi pick ups to all excursions-at their costs!They always made themselves available without intruding on your vacation.Stay here and you'll be glad you did not to mention the money you'll save on your side trips.Thanks again to Dan and Tan and keep up the hospitality while you still own Kelleys,John

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I spent 5 nights in the hotel,the lovely Tan & Dan made it very nice ,they organized everything for me starting from reaching the airport until i left back , it really worth to back again & again .
Dan knows the best of the trips and get in reasonable prices.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
belgaum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights and it was amazing. Dan and Tan were very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. It was with sea view and at walking distance from beach. Dan and Tan also helped in arranging local tours and sightseeing

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kelly's Hotel? Share your experiences!