“Location + Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 2C Phuket Residence

Save Saved
You added 2C Phuket Residence to your Saves list
2C Phuket Residence
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   80/19-20 Soi Dr. Wattana,Thaweewong Rd | Patong Beach, Kathu, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand (Formerly Phuttasa Residence)   |
Ranked #78 of 333 Patong B&B and Inns
Chalong, Thailand
“Location + Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here (twice) from mid, to the end of May, the lease/management (Nook and Marcus) had just changed hands and they were spending a lot of money renovating and improving the hotel as previous owners had let it deteriorate.

New furniture/bedding, painting, servicing of A/C units and plumbing upgrades were all being done while there. They have a small bar downstairs and are planning to sell food in the near future.

'Others' have commented on the friendly and helpful staff, and they are, the rooms are cleaned daily - fresh towels complimentary bottles of water placed in the fridge, cable TV and free are WiFi included.

The room had a balcony overlooking Soi (small street) Wattana, quiet and only a couple of minutes to the beach, the King size bed ensured a great night sleep for us.

Typically Thailand, food is everywhere. There is a restaurant directly across the Soi which is very well priced and sells 'Genuine' Thai food, not adapted for tourists. A lot of locals eat there which is a good sign.

Shopping options include Ocean Plaza which is a 6-7 minute walk and Jungceylon (where you can spend all day) this will take about 25 minutes. There is a lot to see and do there with a lot of specialty shops has a Cinema as well.

Room Tip: By the time this is published all rooms should be finished.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Phuttasa-Residence, Manager at 2C Phuket Residence, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Thank you for noticing ; ) Soon we will also have all the rooms re-painted. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Patong. Have a grreat day!

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Located at a very good spot, central to Patong beach good eateries and not to far from bangla road. although it is still close to a lot of action it is still far enough away from the noise. staff were nice and the price was good, would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

It is what it is. A low budget alley hotel with a great location. It is away from the noise, the room is safe, the staff is very nice and the a/c works. It has a euro style bathroom like most places in Thailand do. They cleaned my room promptly every day. It has a small fridge and a working cable tv. Internet is free downstairs. It is also far away from the noise from Bangala Road, but a walkable distance. One Block from the beach.

It is not a fancy place, but it worked on my budget and I would stay again. Only thing missing is a pool.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Ampang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

6 April 2011, 4 days i stayed at this hotel, the staff is very friendly..
room are clean n look new, not old hotel..
i paid 1100 baht for 1 night.. its ok for me because the location is close to the beach & about 400m to Bangla Road.. if u want more cheap, u can stay on May - August, only 650 baht..

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Tpe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I booked a Superior Double Room with Terrace via booking.com. Somehow I was offered a room without terrace upon checking-in. I went downstairs and "reminded" hotel staff of my booking- should be a room with terrace or balcony whatever. End up I got a room with windows. Those photos of Phuttasa might fool travelers. The room was basically clean but lack of maintenance. Lucky me, I didn't see any bug or cockroaches during my stay. The clean lady was nice and friendly. However, I don't think I will return to Phuttasa for my future visit. There are lots of guesthouse much better than this place, and with better price.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, please book a room with BALCONY.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Italy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I have stayed two times at this place. Everything was changed with years.But I feel gladden, while i staying in this residence at my second time. Thanks about for "your even more than helpfulness services of residence". The duteous guys are working politely and friendly mind at their limited times. They couldn't speak very well English, very poor.But I would like to do one proud for their dutifully worked. They were make up rooms in everyday.And I can get ideas from reception what I wanted to do with my wish. I had stayed two more different residence in Patong,Phuket,Thailand. According to my guesstimate, some residence are too careless, mindless at working and quick to go angry .I really hated that.But this residence is take careful on customers, make sure for everything.The fantastic one in the Patong. I liked this one. I"ll back to you PHUTTASA RESIDENCE..

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We booked there based on the pictures and the location of this residence and some reviews we read before we travel to Patong. But we were VERY disappointed and I mean VERY!

The residence was owned by a Swedish man who has rented it out lately to two young british guys and they probably has done nothing to make it any better! probably it became worse!

We were supposed to stay there for 2 weeks. Once we arrived, we saw 2 girls trying to attract tourists by selling bucket of alcoholic drinks, having 24/7 open bar! while there were actually few guys at the bar and those 2 girls were the bartenders. They have barbeque in front of the entrance of the residence and the smoke were almost eveywhere in the hotel!

The guy at the reception talked to us with while smoking a cigarette! And he wanted us to pay him in advance and Cash!.. We have travelled a lot and we always pay once we check out and to pay in cash only was very strange! So finally we had no other choice but to pay in cash!
The building is totally outdated and there were dust and dirt in the stairs and mould in the bathroom.

The walls were thin and there was noise coming from the bar until too late in the morning and an other noise started in the morning from the constructions next door!...We couldn't sleep at night or even in the day!.. The balcony is full of dust, and very wet, the bed was stiff so were the pillows and the toilet was an other story, once we looked in the toiled we found a cigarette ash on the floor! a big cockroach walking around the shower! And the shower was cold and had very low pressure from the tap water, it was almost dripping!

We took pictures of this and showed it to one of the owners whose reply was so cold saying 'Oh, that's normal, there is nothing we can do with the cockroaches, they're everywhere here!'!!!! and the cigarette ash on the floor of the toilet ' that could happen too!'!!!

And guess what, the toilet was cleand only once in a week, they just changed the towels only, and even the towels were ripped and very worn.

We were shocked!

They don't have internet connection in the room like what they mentioned on their website! There is only one guy at the reception in the day and he sleeps in the sofa most of the time and doesn't speak well English.

It is totally overpriced comparing to other residences in the say soi (street) and by experience the other residences are even better than phuttasa.

We left after six days and moved to stay with some friends instead!

Never waste your money on this residence!

Room Tip: Don't stay there! it's a waste of money!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Phuttasa, Manager at 2C Phuket Residence, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Dear TravellerMan72, as of May 1/12, Phuttasa Residence is now under new management. I understand your concerns about the condition of the building and the bar that was set up. For your information, under the new management, renovations are now underway, and the bucket bar is not more. We are returning the accomodation to a comfortable hotel atmosphere with attention to customer service. We hope that if you are ever back in Patong, that you will come for a visit to see the changes we have made. Thank you for you review, it helped us to address the problems we have found when we took over. New Management

Been to 2C Phuket Residence? Share your experiences!