“Perfect location and excellent staff and food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rayaburi Hotel Patong

You added Rayaburi Hotel Patong to your Saves list
Rayaburi Hotel Patong
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3/8-16 Sawatdirak Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #127 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Canberra
“Perfect location and excellent staff and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

For a little bit more than some places, this is a brilliant hotel. The location is great, just away from Bangla Rd and the parties, but also with a couple of nearby bars when you want them and a short 3 minute walk to the beach! Massage parlours on your door step and plenty more. The hotel restaurant is good, but the prices a tad more than anywhere else, but then that's the deal anywhere in the world.

Look for Mint Massage parlour on the main road by the beach. Best one of the lot.

Room Tip: Look for rooms towards the back of the hotel. They were bigger.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel is located very close to Patong Beach. Also close to Bangla Road and seafood restaurants. We walked almost everywhere ,even to Jung Ceylon shopping centre. Just downstairs next to the hotel is a small tour co / booth, they own the adjoining tailor shop. We booked our John Gray sea canoe trip and taxi to airport (600 baht) fm this tour co. The lady owner is polite, soft spoken and helpful with info on attractions. This hotel is also close to money changers and a dive shop ( kon tiki ) . Room we got was clean. No view though. We wereon the second floor where you can hear the music fm bars across the hotel but it didn't bother us and we. Old sleep thru the noise....it's not tht bad unless u r a very light sleeper. The wifi sucks,we could hardly get any connection while we were there. The staff can speak English but not all are knowledgeable with tips on where to shop or eat. We didn't book our room with breakfast as we found cheaper breakfast within walking distance fm the hotel. This hotel is also close toa minimartand massage , mani - pedi shops. Good if u want daily massage just before bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had a brilliant visit at the Rayaburi the first time we visited which was last year so I booked it again. 10 months in advance to ensure we got our one bedroom suite on the top floor. I even asked for 401 and figured that this far in advance, they would make it available.

We ended up with room 201 which has a view of all of the airconditioning unit for the entire hotel. That is the only view we had from our balcony. When we questioned it, we were told that there were no other rooms available in that price range as they are the most expensive rooms.

There is now a bar across the street that party's on until at least 3 in the morning. We put up with 4 nights of this and changed to a room in the Loft Wing which had no coffee and tea making facilities and we were not offered a refund for the down grade.

The availability of breakfast items was scarce. Unless you were Asian, there was no availability of choice for Westerners. They have an egg station but seemingly the cook decided she didn't understand what poached eggs were even though she had made them for me for the last four days.

We were glad to get out of there and will never be back. The internet was shocking in the loft wing so don't bother.

Room Tip: If you don't get 401 then don't bother staying there at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kolkata
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel is located very close (3 mins walk) to the famous patong beach. It is also 10-15 mins walk to the famous Bangla Road and other hot night spots in patong. Lots of Bars, Eateries, 7-11s, Mc Donalds located within walking distance. The hotel has no view from any rooms. But it is well furnished and maintained. Good travel shop beside the hotel to organise trips to Phi Phi island and Lames Bond Island. Breakfast is good or 200 THB per person. There is a Jacuzzi on the rooftop and also sauna.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Troy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My boy friend and I just stayed at this hotel for 5 days. It was at a perfect location, close to beach but far away from the noisy nightlife. Yet, it was all still within walking distance. The hotel is kept in excellent condition. It was spotless. Staff was super friendly and helpful with everything. Breakfast buffet was really great too. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel looked good from the outside, however, their staff are incredibly unfriendly and very deceiptful! A number of my friends and I stayed at this hotel and all of us were stitched up in someway when it came to paying for the rooms/mini bars etc.

I had stayed in a room there and when I checked out I squared up my bill including my minibar bill. At the same time I booked another room for a later date, when I went to check out of that room 3 days later, they charged me for my minibar fee from my first room as well as the second room. The reception staff are very dodgy when it comes to paying, I suspect they may pocket some of the cash and would recommend not staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. We travelled in group of 6. 4 people stayed in a separate wing from the reception, very quiet, but rather hot due to direct sunlight. This part seems to be new, with a great pool on the top floor. I stayed with my friend in a room just 1 floor above the reception. This one was oriented to a main street, which became noisy during the night, so I had to sleep with the earplugs (but I am very sensitive, my friend did not have such issue). The room had advantage of less direct sunlight, so the temperature in the room was not too hot. Aircon was working with no issues, small balcony, nice bathroom, king size bed, flat TV, complimentary bottled water each day, very kind staff, tasty breakfast (especially thai noodles) made our stay very nice. Exchange office next to the entrance, beach about 3 minutes walking distance. If I return to Phuket, I would stay in this hotel for sure again, just maybe choose a bit more quiet room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Rayaburi Hotel Patong? Share your experiences!