“Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of IndoChine Residence & Resort

You added IndoChine Residence & Resort to your Saves list
IndoChine Residence & Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   328 / 81 Prabaramee Road | Kalim Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #59 of 278 Hotels in Patong
London, United Kingdom
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel was the worst hotel we stayed at in Thailand, so much so that after just one night we moved hotels. The rooms are not as they seem in the pictures. They are dirty and poorly maintained. Our room was a Sea view room, however we saw nothing.
On entering the room there was a mouldy kind of musky smell. This was as a result of black mould forming under the air conditioning unit.
In addition, the toilet area was of poor repair.
The room was generally dirty and dusty, as if it had not been cleaned properly for a long time. I must say on advising the staff of these issues, we were told they could move us to another room, but to expect the same standard. On showing the staff the problems with the room, they were uninterested and did not show any care at all, almost as if they were tired of hearing the same complaints time and time again.
My advice would be to stay at pretty much any other hotel in Phuket as this one sucked!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was fortunate in spending 13 nights at Indochine, and one simple word would describe the resort, amazing. I stayed in the ocean view suite, with private pool and spa and it was simply perfect, well almost. The only problem I had was the shower was never hot, nor warm, but cold. All of the staff, including the front desk, cleaners and the man at the boom gate were always welcoming and happy to see me return, it felt like we were all one big family.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who wants to experience the night life of patong, but needs some down time beside your own pool.
I'm going back very soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I spent 2 nights at this resort. I was personally like the design of the room so much. It's the style I plan to decorate my own house. The sea view is great with a nice pool. The service staffs are very active and always smile. I will be back there soon for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We are staying at Indochine now, firstly the view from the room is amazing, we have an ocean view suite.
BUT for the price it is not value. The bed is very hard the pillows are like rocks and all is cheap quality.
The internet is patchy and slow, although it is free.
For a large higher priced hotel the small things have let it down and we would not stay here again, although we come to Thailand 4x a year to rest and relax in Phuket.

Room Tip: Ocean View suite
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here on the last stretch of honeymoon for 6 days booked through Agoda. I'd say I would give it a 3 1/2 stars. First off, if you're getting into Phuket late in the night I suggest you ask for the transfer from the hotel. Albeit expensive, I would take it for a sense of security. We learned this the hard way. We did not book the transfer as reviews online said it would be easy to catch a cab at the airport. When we got there all the metered taxis were gone/taken and we got stuck with a man who gave a set rate which at first was too much so I denied his offer and then he came back offering a slightly better price. At that point it was about midnight and it looked like there were less and less taxis as time passed so we took it. The drive was VERY dark which was fine until the driver turned into an alley that did not look like it was close to any beach, city or resorts and parked behind some buildings. The driver looked back at us and said to wait a minute and got out of the car. At this point, I was scared shitless, and my husband and I didn't know what to do. What's happening? Do we run? All I thought was if I die at least my husband and I were together. All of a sudden, a ladyman got into the car and started trying to sell us excursions. We felt a little pressured just because we were in the middle of who knows where in the dark. We declined politely and the driver got back into the car and continued to drive us to our resort. From then on, we decided we would always take hotel transfer regardless of the price when at night.

Now for the hotel. Check-in was quick. When we got into the room, it had a bit of a damp smell. I'm more sensitive to these things than my husband which he didn't mind. The smell did sort of go away after a day or 2. The room was nice. It was big, nice shower, with fresh fruits and mini fridge (with beer and sodas) replenished everyday. We had a jacuzzi on the balcony. My husband LOVED it and was in it every night after spending our days out. I was bit more hesitant and only got in once as I wasn't too sure how clean it was. I wasn't sure if it was chlorinated and if it was if it was checked at all. If I were assured it was clean I would have been in there every night as well. I just made sure we showered after using it. The best part of the room was the view. The wall opposite the bed was wall to wall, floor to ceiling windows. It was nice to wake up to the ocean.

The breakfast buffet which was included was alright. There is enough choice but it sort of stayed the same everyday. Maybe one or two dishes were swapped once in a while. The best part was eating it out on the terrace with the fresh ocean breeze.

The hotel is not close to Patong which has its ups and downs. It was nice to be away from the hustle and bustle as Patong at night can get a bit much. But, you definitely cannot walk the distance (unless you like to hike everyday). The hotel is located on a hill about 15 minutes away. The hotel does offer a shuttle to Patong, I think 4 times a day but will not be enough if you want to stay out late. You'd have to take a cab. We rented a scooter. Despite our hesitations about safety and such, we caved in after we saw EVERYONE was on a scooter or bike. It cost us about $20 CDN for 5 days which is nothing. If you do rent one, please do be careful, road etiquette is very different than it is in Canada. The hotel advertises a pool party every wednesday but it never happened. My guess is because it is so out of the way. The hotel probably had it's day but it looks like it's sort of on a decline. There's really nothing happening there. No one even uses the pool. The pool is not too big, but there's a nice set up with patio furniture around and bar which was empty.

In all, I'd say it worth it to stay here if you get a good deal. We payed less than $100/night. I wouldn't pay more than that as you could probably find a nice hotel for that price.

Room Tip: I would recommend the rooms with the private pools as we were able to see right into their patio as...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had 2 room, one with private pool other with outdoor jacuzzi

The pool was no more than a fiberglass water tank, the outdoor jacuzzi room was on 4th floor (room 241), it had great view, but the downside is that it leaks and the whole floor is flooded. The reception claimed that it was because of the "exceptionally heavy rain" which doesn't seemed to have any link with room leaking... I didn't have a good sleep at all..

Check-in was delayed. Luckily I had 2 room, we could stay in one till night time for the time being.
The good thing was they were quite flexible with your checkout as well, or maybe that was to compensate our bad experience. Our flight was in the evening, we were allowed to check out at 2pm instead of 12pm. (Although we got our room key only at like late afternoon the previous day)

The breakfast was simple. Gym Aircon was down, main pool doesn't have much facilities as expected, just a normal half lap boutique pool. Not recommend if you do not have a vehicle. It is located on a hill top and the road is really steep.

There was this British old couple whom i gave a lift to that stay on the higher floor villa, they basically had to stop like 3 times while walking from the Resturant to their room.

The view is the only upside of this place. But for this price and this state of condition, I rather stay at the hotels just beside as they are newer and look better from the outside and price wise much cheaper.

There are a few eateries outside, but mostly are expensive Resturant with lousy food..
The beach cannot be accessed nor can u swim in the water. But they do offer shuttle bus to patong beach area 4 times a day.

Getting a tutuk or taxi is hard, you probably need to get the reception to help u call a cab as it was quite remote , we rented a car but I still did check out the rates just for fun, 500 baht to patong beach. U can try to walk to patong, but the journey is full of steep uphill and downhill, distant on map is very close but if you take the terrain into consideration, it can easily take you 20 mins just to reach roundabout near Novotel

Room Tip: Other than the top floor, the lower deck rooms do not have very good privacy at your outdoor patio a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The sea view is wonderful from this resort. From its location on a hillside, you get a great sea view from the room. The room size is bigger than any other hotels i have stayed in before, which makes your stay quite confortable. The sertvice is excellent. On the downside, the resort could do with some better maintenace and upgrading. But as a whole, it exceeded my expections and I had a lovely time in Phuket

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to IndoChine Residence & Resort? Share your experiences!