“Great food and service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sam's Steaks and Grill

Sam's Steaks and Grill
52 Thaweewong Rd | Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
+66 76 370 200
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 391 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Patong Beach is full of great new places to eat and yet, with so many choices, we sometimes yearn for a bit of history; a reputation. With over 20 years of legendary dining, this is where Sam's comes in. Back in the 90's, a bright young chef from Patong named Samrit (Thai translation: "successful"), went on a journey to discover the perfect steak. His travels took him to New York where he learned how to choose the best cuts by look and feel alone, how to season, to marinate and how to grill to perfection. In the New York kitchen where he trained, Samrit became affectionately known as Siam Sam; a grill master admired for his passion for great meats. Sam returned to his home town Patong Beach in 1995 and established Sam's Steaks & Grill. The rest is history... Enjoy prime cut steaks and seafood, grilled to perfection, and the magical theatre of our tableside flambe menu. Every meal finishes with Sam's sensational Mint Chocolate Volcano! What happened to Sam? Well, he achieved his dream and disappeared into the ocean sunset, but come see us; we still proudly carry on his mastery of the grill! Sam's Steaks & Grill; a dining legacy Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire however, guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports colors. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Jeju, South Korea
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We live in South Korea now and hadn't had good American food in some time. Based on the Trip Advisor reviews we gave it a try. Very elegant, quiet restaurant with impeccable service! It was nice to get away from the crowds and noise and listen to beautiful music. Chai, our server, had a wonderful sense of humor and was always near by when we needed something. I did tease him about pouring my husband's water and not my tonic water and he took it well. He made our visit very enjoyable! We both had beef stroganoff which was amazing, and we shared a salad, which was as close to a Greek salad as we'd had since leaving the states. I highly recommend Sam's Steaks and I hope you are lucky enough to get Chai as a server!

Visited December 2013
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear "ERDocsMom"

Thank you for taking the time to share your "great" review! I am delighted that you have had such an enjoyable dining experience and that the team, especially Chai, have taken such good care of you! Your further feedback on the overall atmosphere, the quality of the food and the service is greatly appreciated and we hope you will have the chance to visit us again soon!

• Thai first
Blackpool
“Good but could be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The food was excellent but was let down badly by the the fact that they had run out of two of the steaks choices I wanted but was not told until ordering. To run out of two steak cuts is bad enough but the customer should be told this when the menu is offered, not when you have made your choice.

A suggestion is to tell the customer before they order if you have run out of cuts but better still don't run out.

The price, the steaks cooked perfectly and the wine made for an enjoyable evening though.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear "Michael C"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and my sincere apologies for the disruption to your dining experience. You are absolutely correct that we should have communicated this to you more positively and I have already followed up with the restaurant manager and his team in this regard. Otherwise, I am very pleased that you have still enjoyed the evening and I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit again soon!

morgan@holidayinn-phuket.com
“Best steak I had in my stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Whilst staying in at the Holiday Inn, my friends and I were drinking on the other side (bar) and saw across the word 'steak'. We checked it out later on that night & we were seated on the window table. I was a bit worried as it looked very fancy and we were all wearing shorts and typical farang clothes! But. None the less the service we received did not deteriorate as by the looks of the guests.

The service & the food is in par with each other - Superb.

I originally wanted to come back before flying out to Bangkok however due to short time, was unable to. I will definitely be coming back when I return to Phuket.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear "RaymondRyan"

Thank you for taking the time to share your very positive feedback. I really appreciate your comments on the quality of the food and the service from the staff and I will be sure to share your review with the manager, Panom, and his team. I do hope you will have the chance to visit again soon, the next time you are in Patong, and look forward to seeing you then!

Santa Lucija, Malta
“Amazingly Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Sam's was easily one of the best restaurants we visited while in Thailand and definatly the best in patong combing brilliant fresh and perfectly cooked meals with superb service surely worth visiting

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear "Chaber1984"

Thank you for your very kind review and I am delighted that you have had an enjoyable dining experience with us. We hope you will have the chance to visit again soon!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Divine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

When holidaying in Phuket we always go to Sams Steakhouse.

We have been visiting here since 1996 and the service and food is still amazing.
Staff are lovely and friendly and very polite.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear "julie r"

Thank you for your "divine" review and it is especially wonderful to note that even after all of these years that the team and the experience continue to delight! I will most certainly share your very kind feedback and we hope to see you back again soon!