“Our anniversary.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sam's Steaks and Grill

Sam's Steaks and Grill
52 Thaweewong Rd | Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
+66 76 370 200
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 396 Restaurants in Patong
4.5 of 5 stars 516 Reviews
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Mandurah
“Our anniversary.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We decided to dine at Sam's Steakhouse for our anniversary, 34 years, so nothing special, except to us. We enjoyed a fabulous meal, my Husband, a farmer from WA, says the sirloin Angus steak was superb, cooked medium rare to perfection, the best steak ever. The service and ambience were spectacular, and very relaxed. While the plates were being cleared and we were finishing our wine to leave, we thanked our waitress, and happened to mention how much we had enjoyed celebrating our anniversary there. Before we blinked twice, our waitress presented us with a lovely desert, complete with candles and anniversary wishes, a dish cascading with what I think was dry ice, contaiining choc coated mint balls, and a corsage for me! They certainly know how to add an unexpected special touch, which made our day.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear "NoeleenMandurah"

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback with us. It is wonderful to note that, as an "expert", your husband has found our steaks to be of the highest quality, and that you have both enjoyed the service and the overall experience. I am really pleased that the team have taken extra special care on this memorable occasion and I will certainly share your comments with them.

I hope you have the chance to celebrate many more anniversaries with us at Sam's!

• Thai first
Townsville, Australia
“best steak ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

four of dined at sams , service was excellent and food was even better. 3 of us had wagyu 9+ and it was the best steak ever. steak and lobster also excellent. liked the complementary dishes. 5 star

Dear "terryo1963"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am delighted that, having selected some our signature dishes, that you and the rest of your party have been duly impressed by the "5 star" quality of the food.

I do hope we will see you all back again soon at Sam's!

“So0o0o0o0o0o gooooood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My friends and I adventured down to Sam's Steakhouse thinking it was going to be a normal bar and grill house sort of place, Oh My God we were so so surprised. The establishment was a 5 star restaurant :D. I entered the place with a singlet on when they told me I could not sit with a singlet on... But then soon after one of the lovely staff got me a shirt to wear (that's customer service).

The meals were absolutely amazing my girlfriend and I had medium steaks that were cooked to perfection... I mean really PERFECTION. These were the best steaks we have ever had in our lives. My other friends had other dishes that were also heavenly (the lamb shank and chicken Kiev).

The service was amazing the food was even more so and it was a great night. The cost was great as well definitely worth it.

Dear "Michael_aly"

Thank you for sharing your excellent review and recommendation and I am delighted that your friends and you have had such a great experience at Sam's. Your feedback on the "amazing" and professional service from the team and the quality of the food is very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your comments with the restaurant manager, Panom, and his team.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit again soon!

Perth, Australia
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Restaurant was lovely and service was amazing. The food was very expensive for Thailand but the complimentary food/desert softens the blow. We thoroughly enjoyed our entree of oysters but felt the mains were not great. We had a rib eye and the salmon steak. As with most meals of this genre in Thailand they just didnt cut it. Steak was not a great quality and the frozen veggies that accompanies meals made it feel a little like a tv dinner. Perhaps if you go for the lobster which is their specialty it would be better. But over all we enjoyed it but would not go a second time except for small nibbles and drinks.

Visited July 2013
Dear "Sarah N"

Thank you for your very kind feedback and I am pleased that overall you have had a memorable experience at Sam's. I really appreciate your comments on the main course, as this is something I will look into immediately with our chef and restaurant manager. I would like to assure you that we import only the highest quality of chilled meat (never frozen) from Australia and the US, and we certainly do not use any frozen vegetables, all of our veg is purchased fresh from the market daily and prepared and turned by hand.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit again soon.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Best Steak in Thailand!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Been to this restaurant four times in two years, and it gets better every time.

The staff are really friendly and helpful and the restaurant is very well decorated and air conditioned, so you can enjoy your food without melting.

The quality of the food is second to none, with everyone in our party agreeing that it was the best meal of the holiday. I had the caesar salad, prepared at the table, which was excellent. I then had a fillet steak cooked medium / rare.

With the quality of the restaurant and the food, and the friendliness of the staff, we then had the bill. It is slightly more than the other restaurants in the area, but the quality is worth it. Plus, we still couldn't have had what we did for the same price back home, so we were chuffed to bits.

If you're in Patong and you want an amazing steak, then go nowhere else.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear "mattyarnold317"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive and detailed review and I am especially pleased that, as a returning guest, we continue to delight and exceed your expectations!

Your feedback with regards the quality of the food, the high standard of service and the general ambiance is very gratefully received and I will be sure to share your comments with the restaurant manager, Panom, and his team.

Once again, I am very pleased that you and your friends have had such a great time and we hope to see you back soon!