“Charged 400 Baht” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DusitD2 Phuket Resort

Save Saved
You added DusitD2 Phuket Resort to your Saves list
DusitD2 Phuket Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   48 Ruam Jai Road, Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand (Formerly Destination Patong Hotel and Spa)   |
Ranked #41 of 273 hotels in Patong
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Charged 400 Baht”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We booked this hotel thru our agent Boarding Pass. We were four me: and my wife and our 10 and 4 yrs old daughters. Upon arrival on 8th August 2014 the reception took 400 Baht as breakfast for our 10 years old daughter. The receptionist did not give me any receipt!

Later on they charged my again for 200 Baht. Then I raised that already 400 Baht has been taken from me for my daughter. Immediately receptionist asked for voucher and I said no one gave me anything!.

Then I requested the guy named Golf to check CC tv footage and investigate further. He said he will but he did not. No one informed my about my complaint. I left the hotel very early morning next day i.e. 11th August 2014. I am really surprised with the behaviour for standard hotel like Dusit D2!!

Overall stay was good. Breakfast was upto the mark. Patong beach is 5 minutes walk. Disappointing with rooftop pool and kids pool.

Wifi was not working inside. Lodged complaint but no one seems to be bothered.

Room Tip: Not going again rather look for new one.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed couple days at the Dusit in Patong, part of an extended Phuket trip. A hip hotel, with a fantastic location and outstanding service. I was particularly impressed with the service provided by K Golf and K New from front desk, also had a the pleasure of meeting K Pui and K Goong from the management team, both very pleasant and highly hospitable. We loved our premier room, spacious, colorful and very comfortable. I also ate at the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed. Everyone I encountered was very friendly and accommodating, they all helped to make our stay an enjoyable one.

Excellent customer service, exceptional value and fabulous location. Highly recommend and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: the premier rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Kelly L, General Manager at DusitD2 Phuket Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you very much for your kind words I will ensure that they are passed onto the rest of our team members. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is for sure a different style hotel for Patong. It has a hip and young atmosphere without coming across as too cheap. The location is fantastic. It connects to Hooters and Hard Rock Cafe and is about 3 min walk to Patong beach (which was recently cleaned up by the authorities-a change for the better). It is also a mere 5 min to Junceylon shopping mall. We traveled with a small child and found the kids club in the hotel to be excellent both in size and variety. The rooftop pool is amazing and commands excellent views. We had dinner in the in-house restaurant Flavours shortly after their new menu was launched and what we ordered was of excellent quality. My wife chose Thai food and I chose Western food. We both truly enjoyed every dish. The overall service attitude in the entire hotel is wonderful. The staff is very caring and helpful and also very friendly to small children which makes the entire stay so much more relaxing for the parents:). I can highly recommend the DusitD2 Phuket Resort and would come again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Kelly L, General Manager at DusitD2 Phuket Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Stephan

Port Hedland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great place to stay with friendly staff. Located right in the middle of patong beach everything is walking distance from the motel. The roof top pool is great and has a good view the only down fall we found was we booked a one bedroom suite but it was located beside the kids pool so we were woken about by this on most days other then that I would recommend anyone stay here.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First time for me to Phuket so i was delighted with the appearance of this hotel, beautiful white pillars and on the inside a cool, wooden modern foyer with ultra modern bar and sophisticated restaurant. The staff at the front counter were lovely to deal with and so was the bar lady. The room we had was overlooking the end of the pool area. Large room and happy with it but the bathroom door was a problem for my elbow kept hitting it as it wouldnt go back further than the door stop. The food for breakfast was great and the meals at night were just as good. The location was ideal for the market was only 20 metres at the end of the road and the beach only 50 metres the other way. Great hotel and i would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Marysville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have nothing really bad to say about this hotel. It is just an alright hotel with all the amenities a person on holiday would want. The premier rooms are good size, the bed is nice, but the bathroom is kind of small. I would suggest getting a room away from the pool bar and kids pool. Especially if you want to sleepin in the morning. They both get kind of loud around 8 in the morning. The best part about this hotel is its location. Just a short walk to a lot of restaurants and a few minutes more to the Jungceylon mall. Also, Bangla is about 10 to 15 minutes away as well. For the price and location I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

i stayed with my family from 26th to 29th july in this hotel. Everything is fine with this hotel either Rooms or service or food ,but what i observed are some things which i like to share with fellow travelers, first one they don't have private parking second you can' make a call to your room from lobby , i stayed in room no 535 to speak to my wife i had to go all the way to 5th floor but the receptionist did not call her from her desk, third their INTERNET RATES which are exorbitant at 107 baht for 15 minutes . They provide 20 % discount coupon to all the guests for HARD ROCK CAFE despite which it is not crowded.

Room Tip: take room away fom HARD ROCK if want to sleep before twelve
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kelly L, General Manager at DusitD2 Phuket Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

Kelly Lewis

Been to DusitD2 Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!