The worst hotel, poorest service you will ever receive. We had a reservation for 2 adults and 2 children booked through flight centre and two queen beds were confirmed to be in the room, but they insisted we all slept in a king bed together! After arguing back and forth refusing to sleep in a bed with our kids they finally agreed to put 2 roller ways in our room, as it seemed they didn't care and didn't understand we just flew a 10 hour flight and it was almost midnight! On our last night I asked if concierge could confirm our transfer to airport and the unhelpful manager Golf said that we would have to pay for a phone call to confirm it for us, saying that it is their cost for a phone call which is definitely not what a helpful concierge should do. Golf told us to go to the concierge desk which I told him that no one was there! He said that's because he is also the bellman! So why would he send us to a closed desk?? The service is definitely not good enough and didn't leave us satisfied, anything you ask for they always answer "there is a cost for that" or they "don't understand."
There are absolutely no activities for children in the hotel. It is not a kid friendly environment at all. If kids go to Kid Zone there is a charge for anything they play with, even a charge for play dough! We enjoy travelling 4 times a year all around the world and I will have to say this is the worst experience and service we've ever had. We are treated like we are a bother by the staff not like we are paying guests. You are not greeted by staff, they walk past you and just stare. They are not English speaking so the language barrier makes it an even more difficult stay and at the check in desk it is difficult and frustrating when the staff are laughing amongst each other in the concierge or at breakfast when we ask a simple question and talk in their language taking their time. There was no point paying extra for a pool access room as the size of the pool was a huge disappointment and the seats in front of our room were always occupied by someone else! We did not ever have sun beds to ourself to lay on in front of the pool!
Many of the TV channels do not work, our shower and bathroom bench was dirty right from when we arrived which was disgusting and the lighting in the room is annoying because it is always dark. The corridors are not cleaned at all, they are filthy.
If you are travelling with kids I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Patong beach or the Millennium hotel. We have stayed at both on previous holidays but unfortunately they were both booked out this time they can not do enough for you service wise and they always greet you with smiles. At Dusit D2 we were NOT treated like guests, rather like intruders. Not worth your money. Stay ANYwhere else BUT here.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Patong Beach Hotel Patong
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Patong Beach Hotel
- Courtyard Patong
- DusitD2 Phuket Resort Patong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DusitD2 phuket resort is a stylish and vibrant resort o-ffering 390 guestrooms on the stunning west coast of phuket island. It is only a short walk from the beach as well as a short walk from the island's lively entertainment and shopping district. Ideal for couples or family holidays, dusitD2 phuket resort features a rooftop pool bar with views over the beach and a second pool with a swim-up bar in the centre of the resort. The Hard Rock Cafe, Kids World and Siam Adventure Club entertainment venues are all located on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your DusitD2 Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.