“Loved the rooftop pool & bar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DusitD2 Phuket Resort

Save Saved
You added DusitD2 Phuket Resort to your Saves list
DusitD2 Phuket Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   48 Ruam Jai Road, Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand (Formerly Destination Patong Hotel and Spa)   |
Ranked #80 of 260 hotels in Patong
Toronto, Canada
“Loved the rooftop pool & bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After staying a few nights at the Holiday Inn across the road, I moved to the DusitD2 because the price was better. The highlight was the rooftop pool and bar, which was a great place to relax in the evening (happy hour -- 2 for 1 drinks - from 5 to 7, which is closing time). A big shout out to Nong, who was a fantastic bartender. No complaints about the room, expect the bed, while comfortable, has a little bit lumpy, and there was noise from the street in the room (whereas the Holiday Inn had none). Room service was satisfying, and I had a steak in the restaurant that was pretty good too (they mixed up my order but no big deal). I also had breakfast one day, which had a great selection, but I came too late and as I was getting my food they were taking it away (this was annoying -- I don't know why they wouldn't wait for people to leave, especially since they had just seated me). The wifi was an added charge, but I upgraded to a premium room which included it (the price difference was minimal). I would return to this hotel as the price was right, the location was great, and the bar staff (Nong) was a hell of a guy.

Room Tip: Stayed on the road side and could hear lots of noise, if this bothers you maybe try the other side.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Rayner S, General Manager at DusitD2 Phuket Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear TorontoBloorTravel

Thank you much for your kind review. Its a delight to hear rave review about our team members and we are appreciative of your wonderful note of Khun Nong. We loves the roof top pool bar too and the nice beach view it provides. Will work with our breakfast team member in line with your comments including getting the order accurate.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Glen Iris, Vic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Recently my wife and I stayed at the Dusit D2 Phuket Resort, Patong Beach, Phuket.
The room was spacious and was tastefully decorated and very nice and clean. The bathroom was also very nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable as well. The internet speed was quite good in our room too… The breakfast was excellent...in fact I would have to say that it was on par or slightly better than many other similarly priced hotels. However the only down side of gthe breakfast is that they only offer buffet...it is definitley cheaper to go outside for breakfast.
The best part of the hotel was its location. The hotel was conveniently located Patong Beach (around 250 metres) and approximately 900 metres to Bangla Road and a major shopping centre. The hotel is not too far from the night life as well and numerous restaurants as well.
The pools, and their surroundings, were excellent, as was the service.
Drinks from the bar we reasonably priced during 'happy-our' but can be a tad expensive after that. If you are looking for cheaper drinks, then it is better to go outside for a drink – far cheaper!
It is better to request a room overlooking the pool rather than the main road as the traffic can be a tad noisy well into the early hours of the morning.
Would I stay there again...definitely…great location!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear GazzaGlenIris_Vic

Its a sincere pleasure to look after your recent stay with us in Phuket
The team appreciate much for the opportunity and we look forward to welcome you back soon

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed with my family with two kids from 7th Feb 2014 to 14th Feb 2014 and we really had a awesome experience. All the staff are nice, polite, helpful & co-operative. Best location with 2 min walk to the beach and restaurant around. Very neat and clean hotel. we had booked 1 bedroom apartment which was superb. Best thing was they have kids world where children can play with lots of activities awaiting for them. Play stations, Ballroom to name few. My children s still miss the hotel a lot. Swimming pool was very clean with Bar. Since we are vegetarian we thought food will be a problem but we found couple of restaurant around the hotel (Kohinoor was the best and affordable). Hotel has in-house Travel desk who will help you to plan the sight seeing. After almost two months we all still miss this hotel a lot.

We would recommend everyone going to Phuket to try this hotel and i bet you won't be disappointed.

On behalf of my family i thank the staff and management of the hotel for making our holiday a memorable one.

Heman Gala
Mumbai

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Heman Gala

Thank you for your wonderful review. The team are delighted for the opportunity in looking after your family and turning your Phuket moments to lifelong memories.

We look forward to welcome you and your family back

NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've been here only a few hours and would not stay here again. The room, 530, looks much better in photos and the public corridors we have seen are in need of renovation. The lobby is impressive. We were at DusitD2 in Chiang Mai and clearly expected too much at DusitD2 in Patong. We arrived at 12:15 pm with nobody to assist us outside. The taxi driver went to find someone. We were given drinks (iced tea I think) but they were basically thrown at us and the young woman walked away before we could ask. A bellman was checking us in and the clerk appeared later. We had two discussions with two different clerks about FREE wifi in our room which was listed on the confirmation. This was after being told, twice, that they only have free wifi in the lobby. We left a deposit on a credit card despite the clerk pressing us for a cash deposit. Our room wasn't ready and we were told to come back after 2 pm. We went sightseeing and arrived back at 6 pm. We collected our keys, which read Hard Rock Cafe and Destination Patong resort, and again we were told about wifi charges in our room. I had this third clerk check our confirmation which reads free in room wifi and I asked for login information. I couldn't locate a bellman and presumed our luggage was in the room. It wasn't. I called down for our luggage and to report to the manager the issues with wifi showing a fee on screen, 214 baht per hour or a daily rate (don't recall fee). The manager wasnt available and was to call me back. I received no call. I called again and I also mentioned my issue to the bellman who said we had no free wifi in our room. My husband went back downstairs and spoke with Mook sp? Mook is not the manager. After speaking with no less than 5 people the resolution was to select a paid plan and be reimbursed/refunded on check out. I'm confident that I will need to reserve time to deal with this free wifi issue when we leave in a few days. We are 2 minutes from the beach and we walked to Jungceylon with ease. Good location but staff and building both need work.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rayner S, General Manager at DusitD2 Phuket Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear KatwomanNYC

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. Its only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and improve our current ongoing transition process upon the services we provide to valued guests.

We are dissapointed to know of your negative experiences received and the limitation in receiving positive inputs of your repeated requests from our associates. Would expect to complete the wi fi projects within all room categories throughout the property within the next few weeks.

We do hope that you would provide us opportunity to look after you and your guests on your next visit to Phuket

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love this place. All the staff are so nice, from reception to cleaning ladies. Great location and very clean.

However, I am disappointed about the management. Some guest are very rude and aggressive to staff. When this was a Mariott it had attracted high class guests; no some Asian guests are very rude to staff and other guests. They shout, leave the bar without paying and last time had 6 people in one room.

I would hope management kicks these guests out and protects their staff better. The last time I told a guest to get lost when I saw how he had treated the cleaning lady! Outrageous ... And they feel they own the place! I wish management would go back to become a marriott that attracts better level of guests.

Stayed March 2014
Dear MrPurpleJelly

Thank you much for your kind comments. We are delighted to welcome you back and agreed with your feeling of how importants are our staff who are working at the property. The opportunity to provide world class service delivery to our valued guests are executed everyday by our most important assets - our associates.

We appreciate of your concerns for their wellbeing and looks forward to provide warm and gracious hospitality on your next visit

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed in Dusit D2 for a weekend in March.
the breakfast, which we must say is a little pricey compared to the life costs in Thailand, was really good!
The pools are quite nice and they both have a pool bar service (one on 3rd floor the other on 7th).
the location is just perfect both for the night life and for going to the beach.
staff really friendly! nice and spacey rooms with typical 4* hotel.
Highly recommended if you want to stay in Patong.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Inirap

Appreciate much of your positive reviews. Your very kind with your nice suggestions of various services available and we agreed with the spacey room which are not typical in Patong.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Phuket soon

Mildura, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is complimented by well trained skilled happy staff who work hard to meet the needs of the international tourist . We have stayed at this hotel several times and it is consistently good . The location is close to the beach and the shopping and fun spots but has quiet well fitted rooms and two good pools .
The management at this hotel has trained the staff to a high standard .

Room Tip: The pool view rooms are very pleasant . Enjoy the breakfast buffet and the great happy staff .
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Stuart D

Whenever our team members receive a wonderful feedback such as yours, our efforts in training and sincere delivery felt such a world of overwhelmingly delight. Thank you for your repeat visits and we strive to continue in delivering moments to be cherished as your lifelong memories.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon

Kind wishes

Been to DusitD2 Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!