“Best Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rico's Hotel

You added Rico's Hotel to your Saves list
Rico's Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   64/10-11 Soi Bangla Square, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #97 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Best Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel is at the heart of Bangla Road, which is the most happening party street in Patong.
Because it's at the center, you may expect some music noise from the clubs, but when the AC is on, and feeling exhaust, its not hard to fall a sleep.
This is a guest friendly hotel, but no LadyBoys allowed.
If you wanna have fun and party late night then stay here, but if you are looking for quite relaxation then stay away from this street.
The hotel has good size rooms, very clean, safety box in room, and staffs are very friendly.
The price is also amazing fro what you get.
I highly recommend this hotel, and would stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked a room for USD16 per night and when I reached there I was surprised that my room is spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and spacious. It is located right in Bangla road so if you're looking for something right in the middle of the action, Rico's is the place. Even though it's located in the busy area, it wasn't noisy at all at night. It's just few minutes walk to Patong Beach and there are lots of options for entertainment & food along the street.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
LEBANON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel is at great location,on bangla road,right in the middle of the action,the night life and partying scene never stops uptill the early hours of the morning,even by day time ,bangla rd is busy with the merchants ,the touristsand the traders who came from far away lands just to get things at low cost in thailand ,the beach is just a 5min walk from the hotel we stayed in,i liked it a lot and would definitely stay there again

• Stayed August 2012
Kuala Belait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

It was me and my buddies' first time to have a vacation in Phuket, and when I was recommended by a friend to stay at Rico's hotel, I thanked him ALOT for this! :D
Me and my buddies love the facts that this hotel is VERY cheap, VERY clean rooms (very cold air-conditioned rooms at that too) and VERY well strategically located near Patong beach, Jungceylon Mall and of course, our favorite place, the Bangla streets, all 3 locations within very easy reach! (Less than 4minutes by walk!)
For the hotel that comes with an elevator, affordable laundry service and water pressure hoses in the toilets (yes thats important too!), are also big bonuses for us. And although it's a simple hotel, its the perfect hotel for us anyway, since we were too 'entertained' and too wasted in Tiger Bangla for 5 nights straight, hehehe, so walking to the hotel is never a problem... :D
Payment-wise is not an issue either, we paid cash on the spot for our rooms without hassle, and we were assisted by the kind receptionist and the staffs for our airport transfer, our laundry and keeping our rooms clean daily during our 6-day stay in Rico's. And we can still manage to get our much-needed sleep during our stay, despite the hustle and bustle of the streets of Bangla.. :)
We're going to Phuket again end of this year, and we know exactly where to stay next time, thanks Rico's hotel! :D

Room Tip: If you're the kind of person who doesn't mind staying at a basic hotel, then Rico's is t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

My trip to Phuket, Thailand was absolutely ruined by Rico's Hotel and the bad customer service there. Much thanks to the tackless front desk person, and missing-in-action night manager, I lost my two night reservation at their hotel along with my $119.60.
Don't book here and have this happen to you:
I booked for two nights at this hotel Jan. 24-26th, but when my itinerary changed I called Rico's Hotel Patong Jan. 17 to let them know that I would like to check in Jan 25 and check out Jan 27th, still for two nights. The front desk working that Jan. 17th told me she found the reservation under my name and would be able to change the dates for the dates I requested. Therefore, I got the confirmation from the front desk that the changes were made. Nothing to worry about, right? So very wrong.
I came into Phuket at 9pm, Jan 25th (the date the hotel confirmed with me was changed in the reservation) to have the night staff tell me not only that my reservation was cancelled, but that there were NO rooms left. 9pm, in Patong Beach Phuket, the second most visited area in Thailand with no hotel reservation...not a pleasant situation to be put in.
Even worse, the front desk agent only met my questions of "What can I do now?" with laughter. The night manager was nowhere to be found, and when the front desk called him to tell him of the situation he refused to speak to me on the phone, to give me a refund, or to help me with finding another room...because afterall, they gave my reservation to someone else and booked up their whole hotel.

So, at 10pm on Jan.25th I walked around Bangla Square hotel-to-hotel asking if any rooms were available and finally found another hotel with one vacancy at 11pm at night. Horrible first night in Phuket thanks to the help of Rico's Hotel Patong. And two weeks later, I am still waiting for the feedback of whether or not I will receive the $119.60 I lost to this lovely establishment. To Rico's Hotel Patong, if you do keep the money you wrongfully took from me, please do use it to train your staff the proper means of communication in business and why not? Use some money to take some Customer Service classes perhaps?

Room Tip: No such things as good rooms for a horrible hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Cheap hotel, comfort, and near by the beach. You can walk to get in to the beach. And also near entertainment area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Aust
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Rico's Hotel in Bangla Rd is in a great position but the hotel needs a lot of renovations done nothing worked in the room they first gave us so they upgradedd us the a duluxe room which was not much better they do not have hot water to shower & they advertise they have a pool you have to travel 45 minutes away to the other hotel to us the pool the staff very nice but would not stay there a gain

Room Tip: Good location bad hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Rico's Hotel? Share your experiences!