“Sanctuary in the middle of crazy patong” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Flora Resort Patong

Save Saved
You added La Flora Resort Patong to your Saves list
La Flora Resort Patong
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Thaweewong Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #30 of 273 hotels in Patong
Brisbane, Australia
“Sanctuary in the middle of crazy patong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Location is great for being in the middle of the action and craziness of patong, but once you step inside the hotel it's peaceful. No people partying. The staff are helpful and the rooms are large, with all the mod cons. Mini bar is complimentary and restocked every day. Handy for the beach, sunset on the roof top bar is a must. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms offer more privacy than pool access rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

448 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed four nights at La Flora.
There were many very good aspects to the resort. The staff were terrific, especially those at the Concierge desk and the restaurant. The location to the beach was great, although, I personally would prefer to swim in a less polluted part of the island. The room was large and the bed was comfortable. The main disadvantage for me was that our room had facing rooms across quite a narrow pool. This meant that, if we wanted any privacy, we needed to keep the curtains closed all the time as the opposite room was quite close. As a result, the room was too dark. Personally, I like a light filled room with a view and, prior to booking, I did not check carefully enough about the aspect. Most of the rooms looked as though this would be a problem except the small number facing the beach. We also had difficulties with the (to me) complex technology of the television/ DVD player -however a staff member was quick to help. I thought the breakfast was fine although there was not as much variety as in the larger resorts.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Location is brilliant for a stay in Phuket, especially if you want to stay right on Patong Beach. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite with a private pool. I could not fault the room at all, spacious and comfortable.
The staff are extremely helpful, from front desk to concierge and the restaurant.
Mini bar is re stocked every day and there is never a lack of towels.
Having said that, I checked in on Christmas Day and am staying through until the 3rd of January 2013. Sadly the hotel neglected to mention the rave party set up on the beach right in front of the hotel which started on the 30th and is reportedly only going to silence on 6am the 1st. At R10 000 a night I would have thought the manager would have better sense than to try pull the " we did not know it was going to happen" stunt. I'm yet to hear what recourse he has install for me.
What he lacked to comprehend is I didn't book budget for major reason and therefore have expectations.
My advise do not stay anywhere near this pace unless you're planning to join in the dance marathon or checking out to stay somewhere else on the 30th.
Sadly I can't say if I'd return here and believe me Phuket village kind of grows on you.. You can read up on my candid review of Phuket later.
Lastly I have to make mention of Jack who worked up n the front office, witty with a very dry sense of humor.

Room Tip: Lower floors leading directly onto the pool, or just book one of the private pool suites right on th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Patong is not for the feint hearted. It is loud, brash and never sleeps. Tuk Tuks aren't worth a mention unless they sport a pimp my ride sound system and a lighting rig which wouldn't look out of place in a moderately sized night club back home.

Things you will never hear said in life:

I wish our taxes were a bit higher.
I didn't realise all the yellow cars in New York were taxis.
I walked the length of the Bangla Road and couldn't for the life of me find a ping pong show!

In Patong you will be offered massages, hand made suits, sex with all manner of human form, jets skis, cigarettes, alcoholic refreshment, adult themed entertainment shows, counterfeit merchandise and in the midst of all this you can still enjoy a Mc Dondalds or a Starbucks. To it's credit Patong does all this whilst still retaining a certain degree of family friendliness.

So where does La Flora fit into all this madness?

It has probably the best location anywhere in town. 2 minutes by foot from Bangla Road and unusually for Patong with direct access to the beach. Most hotels in Patong require you to at least cross the busy coast road if not half the town.

I'm not going to discuss price. Different people have different views on what a baht, pound, dollar, Euro, Ruble or Yen are worth. You can see the price for when ever you plan to visit and make your own mind up. With Thai based reviews there are a group of writers hell bent on getting services for the price of thin air. This makes any comment on "value" worthless.

We had a pool access room, number 215 and I would suggest you do the same. This provides your own lounging space next to one of the 2 communal pools. It also puts you on the ground floor meaning the beach is mere seconds away from your bed.

You will hear Patong from time to time. The hotel has an open front onto the main road and occasionally people let fireworks off on the beach. If this bothers you consider staying somewhere other than Patong.

The room featured a free mini bar with beer juice and carbonated soft drinks. There was also a selection of free on demand films via the large flat screen television. You needed a degree of technical knowledge to make it work, specifically TV input choice (in Thai!) but we got there in the end.

The room was plenty large enough as was the bathroom which featured both walk in shower and bathtub. For the romantics you could open up the wardrobe like doors and admire your beloved soaking in the tub from the comfort of your enormous bed big enough for 3.

Breakfast was OK. A selection of Eastern and Western food with a manned egg station waiting to prepare food specifically for you. Speciality coffees were included free of charge. The freshly prepared juices never really hit the spot for us. A layer of sludge always floated on top and the juice it's self was watery.

Lunch came from the glass fronted kitchen which could be seen from the main road and was enjoyable. There was a lunch deal for a couple of hundred baht which featured food and a "smoothie', water based rather than milk.

We ate one night in the ceiling restaurant. A wonderful setting looking out over the sea and with a modern decor but sadly disastrous results food wise. Our sea bass and tiger prawns were cremated, literally in the case of the sea bass. We were charged for both items despite complaints to the staff. This was later overturned by the food and beverage manager in the morning after protest from us.

Public spaces are clean and tidy, there are plenty of toilets by the pool, restaurants and lobby areas. A small library houses a couple of computers (get the mouse wheel fixed on the mac !), there is also another area with a couple of computers opposite the excursion / concierge desk. Getting something printed off proved to be a challenge, we can't be the only people who needed directions off the Internet. Speaking of the Internet there is free WiFi throughout the hotel accessed via log in codes provided by the front office.

Staff were all very friendly. It's worth mentioning that this is a Thai owned hotel (hence the prime location) so all senior staff will be Thai speaking as their primary language.

Ultimately the test of a hotel is whether you would return again. The answer is yes. It's location makes it impossible to beat in Patong. The room provided everything we could have expected and whilst the food lets us down there are many dining options just yards from the hotel. A 24 hour Mc Donalds sits next door so you won't go hungry.

Oh, and a final word about the Spa facilities. Wow. I've had a lot of massages in my time from internationally rated spas to beach shacks and the one my wife & I enjoyed at La Flora was up there with the very best of them. I enjoy a gentle soothing massage and all 80 minutes were just that to perfection. Incidentally go for the slightly longer 80 minutes it works perfectly. The spa rooms were delightful in their decor, I would possibly choose a more spa like music but if that's the price of such great hands then so be it.

Room Tip: Book a pool access room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Before I simply loved Phuket. Now this is permanently becoming my weekend pad !

Might seem difficult an idea seeing as how I live in Europe now and not Asia or somewhere down under, but I am seriously considering spending a long weekend here every month on the back end of a work trip to Asia.

This SLH is synonymous with everything the brand consistently delivers every time I have the opportunity and privilege of being a guest at one of their hotels, I find myself reluctantly leaving after another over-extended, long weekend. (i kid you not, it's a serious case of the concierge dragging me out to the car, stern faced that my hour before international flight departure time allowance is going to bit me in the ....... one day..) My recommendation, keep up that Elite FF status, so it doesn't actually mean much..beside perhaps being "forced" to return back to base to await the next day's flight....

Staff - incredible
Villa + bedroom - stunning
Good night's sleep - +++
Location - couldn't be better
Ambience - 5/5
Facilities - 5/5

I love this boutique hotel. It pinpoints the very essence of luxury and hospitality and honestly - a trip to Phuket would not be the same without finding the perfect balance between comfort & reality in the tourist jungle of Patong Beach & "La Flora."

I'm a big fan and am already thinking ahead to next month's long weekend in South East Asia!! :)

Room Tip: Pool Villa is the way to go! If you're travelling with a few friends, go the 2 bedder. it's...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

La Flora was perfect- one of the few places in Patong right on the beach. Walking distance to everything, but our room was very quiet at night. The room was lovely, the staff were excellent and we were very impressed. Complimentary mini bar in room. The breakfast was brilliant, and we were very happy with the service. The staff were very accommodating with whatever we needed. No issues with our airport transfers. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a pool view room, which was one floor up. We were happy with this as the rooms that lead on t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shah Alam, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

it is situated right in the middle of patong, great location indeed. the beach is 38 steps away from your room, it is a beach-hotel definitely. the food (breakfast) could been better though, if they had more choices, for a "5star" hotel rating, otherwise, you will feel slightly overpaid for your room. room and ambience and facilities, were just ok, not really a "wow", but with free refill of basic minibar items and wifi all around, that was great!

Stayed October 2012

Been to La Flora Resort Patong? Share your experiences!