I booked my 4 night accommodation on Wotif for a total of THB22800 for the Deluxe Pool View room. I chose La Flora based on the Tripadvisor reviews and convenient location.
Location – Convenient – You can walk straight out to the beach from the hotel pools anytime you want. It’s also VERY close to the busy Bangla Road (2min walk) and only about 10min walk to the JungCeylon shopping mall. There’s McDonald’s, Starbucks, Chemist, massage place right next to it. As it’s situated at a busy intersection, there’s actually traffic police directing traffic most of the time so you don’t need to worry about being hit by a car when you try to cross the road. However, when you are in the room you can hardly hear any noise apart from the occasional fireworks on the beach.
Staff – Friendly and courteous – Most of them speak some English so I had no problem communicating my requests. Every staff I dealt with (driver, Concierge, Guest Service, housekeeping, spa masseur, restaurant waiter/waitress, chef, pool attendant, even the General Manager) has all displayed high level of enthusiasm and professionalism. They always talk to you with a smile and always like to chat with you so you feel very welcomed in their “Resort Community”. I accidentally locked myself out on my own balcony one night and I was panicking as it was late at night and I left my mobile in my room. I was relieved when one staff working at the rooftop restaurant saw me trying to get back in and called out if I needed help. He immediately walked over and asked for my room number and sent someone down to unlock my room for me. Within a minute, I was rescued by a staff back into the comfort of my room. Thank you!
Room – Modern, clean and well maintained – I stayed in one of the Pool View Deluxe Rooms. I loved the spacious bathroom and shower. Complimentary mini bar and bottled water were very nice. The king size bed was very comfortable and air conditioning was user friendly so you can get a good night sleep. Everything was in good condition and worked well. The only thing I could pick on is probably the fact that the space around the bath room sink could be a bit bigger. It’s a bit cluttered if I put all my cosmetics out but this is only a teething issue.
Food – Satisfactory and hygienic – It’s not an extravagant buffet breakfast but it has a bit of everything. You can ask the staff for freshly squeezed juice (watermelon, carrot, orange, any fruit that’s available there) as many times as you like. There is also an egg and waffle station where the chef cooks the egg to your liking (omelette, scrambled, poached, boiled). I thought both my omelette and waffle tasted really nice and fresh. Nothing else really stands out that tastes totally horrible or super delicious but I was happy with the international selection they offered.
Their airport-hotel transfer is a bit expensive (THB1000 one way on mini van) but I was happy with the service. The driver was professional and friendly. As I was travelling by myself it was the safest way to get from airport to the hotel.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at La Flora Resort and was happy with my choice. I only found out when I was in Patong that it’s actually one of the only three resorts in Phuket that’s on the “Small Luxury Hotels of the World” List! I would definitely recommend La Flora Resort to anyone looking to stay in Patong!
- Also Known As:
- La Flora Resort Patong Hotel Patong
- La Flora Resort Patong Hotel
- La Flora Hotel
- La Flora Patong
- La Flora Resort Patong Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Flora Resort Patong…Beachfront bliss embraces at your stay…Discover contemporary design, only a step to the beach, features truly relaxing Pool Villa, Pool Access, Surface Bar with panoramic views and indulge yourself throughout lifestyle entertainment in tropical paradise on Patong Beach. Just steps away from the pristine white sands of Phuket’s finest beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your La Flora Resort Patong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.