“Great value, location and staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Jip Guesthouse

You added Casa Jip Guesthouse to your Saves list
Casa Jip Guesthouse
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   207/10 Rat-UThit 200 Pi Rd Patong Beach, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 81350, Thailand   |
Ranked #21 of 356 Patong B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Larbert, United Kingdom
“Great value, location and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed Casa Jip when I was visiting friends in Phuket. I needed something clean and centrally located, not too expensive (it was high season).

Was pleasantly surprised at just how nice the hotel was. Rooms are a good size and location, although central, is far enough away from the noise of Bangla Road to get a good night's sleep. Also happy to report that the staff are excellent, with good comms and a pleasant nature.

If I had to pick faults I'd say that I found the bed quite firm, but that's a matter of preference. Also note that there is no elevator or restaurant, although the small Thai place to the left of the hotel does excellent and cheap food. Also note that this is a value-focused hotel, so don't expect the facilities you find in a 4-5 star establishment.

I'd happily stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Standard room, which was fine. Can only imagine that the higher class rooms are even n...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This place is very clean, nice, and in a great location! I stayed there when i first came to town and again before I left for home. The owner and staff are very helpful and friendly. The price was very fair and were willing to give me my original rate. I would recommend to a friend and stay there again on a return visit!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've been staying at Casa Jip for many years now when holidaying in Phuket, it is without doubt the best Family Run Guesthouse I've ever stayed in.

The Owner and his team offer a warm welcome and really look after you. It's the kindness and helpfulness that makes you relax even more, if you have any problem these guys will be sure to help you out!

The guesthouse is very clean and it's amenities are great and the cost reflects this.

I certainly will continue to stay at Casa Jip, I'm booked up ready for my next stay for a month in April 2014 and can't wait to enjoy the hospitality once again!

Guys keep up the good work and ignore the haters and bad reviews on here, they are clearly deluded!

See you in April 2014!

• Stayed April 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Casa Jip 4 nights and we could not be more happy there. We had lovely apartman in 5th floor. Every service was absolutely perfect. British style of breakfast was very tasty, fresh and exactly what we needed. The owner Nicolas and his wife were always helpfull and keen to solve every our problem and we had many problems... They stored our bags for our trip to Ko Phi Phi without any comments or Nicolas helped to get quite cheep taxi for us as well. In the end, this hotel was our real home when we had to go through food poisining issues. We are so glad to stay here and if we have another chance to go to Phuket I wanna stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I like it because it is very close to the action pretty much less than 10 minutes walk to the beach bars and shopping mall and markets no need for overpriced taxis or tuk tuks.I recommend it for good size rooms modern and super clean and great advise from the family that owns and runs it and the rates more than worth it for the attention you receive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The room was lovely and big. The shower was fab. The air conditioning worked really well (we are staying elsewhere and now realise how good it was!)

Owner very friendly and offered helpful advice about whatever we asked for.

Unfortunately no lift.

Thanks

:D

• Stayed August 2013
Rødovre, Kobenhavn, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I walked around and checked out several hotels before I chose this one over other more expensive places.

The good:
Nice, average size room.
Bathroom while very basic had a nice shower.
The owner was a nice guy.
The price.

The bad:
I didn't see any of the staff smile even once, and a local girl I stayed with said that the night receptionist said something not so nice to her. I never got a translation though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Casa Jip Guesthouse? Share your experiences!