“Good hotel, great location, ideal for the party animal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of C & N Hotel

You added C & N Hotel to your Saves list
C & N Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Rd. | Patong Beach Phuket, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Early Bird and Save 30%
Ranked #73 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, great location, ideal for the party animal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

So you fancy coming to Patong? Well Patong is a lot of things - It's an Asian experience, it has a strange sort of dirty charm for want of a better description - but for me and many others, its a total party destination.

Yes there's a beach, but frankly if you want a beach holiday in Phuket, then better maybe in Kata or Karon, much cleaner.
Patong is brash, it's in your face, and it's the biggest "laugh" of a holiday you can have.

So why the C&N?

Well location is everything, and this hotel has it. A mere stagger from the madness of Bangla Road, right in the thick of things. Very nearby are some of the best eateries in the resort.
It's reasonable - you get a lot for your money. They even include breakfast (OK, who on earth makes it to breakfast in Patong haha). If you make it there though, its good - very welcome.
The staff aren't the best I've met in Patong, but they're efficient and good.
There's free wifi...granted it's a bit hit and miss at times though unless you're in the lobby...hence people sat around at times on laptops.
There are often promotions on the price, making it even more of a bargain.
Phuket airport can be a crazy place, with taxi scams going on outside. C&N though have a free pickup if you book more than four days - so go for it.

The rooms - bit dated really and well in need of an upgrade, but they're functional. Comes with a minibar, which you can just use to put your own drinks in from the 7-11

One bad thing for me - the beds are rock hard. I asked if they could do something and in the morning they came and changed the mattress - big improvement.

In all, it's a great hotel - not a brilliant hotel, but a great one. Give it a refurb and it could be another level entirely, but then maybe it would cost more.

Highly recommended.

ps- sensitive to noise - ask for a room at the back, it's much much quieter - but the view is shockingly boring - back of another hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

Just returned from my second stay at C&N.

The airport pickup is a great service. Nice to come out the airport to find a car waiting for you.
Transfer takes 45 mins.

Previously stayed in the standard room, this time stayed in the Studio Suite. Couple of points re the room. Recently upgraded so fittings are all new.

Two points I noticed. Seemingly Phuket drains can't handle toilet paper so none provided in room., Cleaning done by hose with nozzle attachment. Secondly no hot water in bathroom sink unless hot water has been run through shower.

Be happy to go though.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Just back from Phuket. I was surprise and totally disappointed with the front desk services. Few comments I would like to share:
Positive areas:
- The staff offer to carry the laugages from us.
- Clean

Negative areas:
- The front counter didn't great us upon our arrival. They even didn't smile on us. However, they will smile on those caucasian. Are the Asian paying lower price compare to Caucasian?
- No staff approach us while we can't find seat for breakfast. They just ignore us even they saw us standing there. At the end, we approach them to help us to find a table for 3 seaters.
- In the omelet egg cook stall, the staff just ignore us even we face-to-face asking her the question. In fact, we told her that we want an omelet. She just ignore us without showing any reaction. I was surprise she smile on caucasian who ask her for omelet. Again, are we paying lesser?
- We are very disappointed with the front counter staff, Jikawan, who call us for chasing us for fantasea shows. She call us with a very unpatient tone asking us wether we want to go for fantasea show or not? It sounds that we were late and let the driver wait for us. However, we are not! Our agent ask us to wait at lobby around 515pm as stated on the envelop given by our agent. This staff called us from 5pm with such tone. Furthermore, She keep on chasing us while we actually are not late at all. We just on time.
- WiFi - Yes, I saw it and my iphone can access the WiFi only in the lobby. My iPhone WiFi signal is drop to ZERO when I was at my room!
- No hair dryer
- No kettle for coffer or tea. Only soft drink and beer
- Corridor environment, I was surprise that my room corridor is different from another side corrider. My corrider giving me a feeling like 70-an, yellow light with old fashion, using the key to open the door; however, in another side, the corridor is full of romantic blue light, furthermore the door is opened using tap instead of key.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Anaheim Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

About five min walk to beautiful patong beach and right next to bangla road where all the bars are. So that means at night all the prostitutes will come out in this area, and you will see them in your hotel the next morning as well. But this may be the case everywhere in Phuket. All the shops are right outside the hotel as well so easy access to shopping. Hotel gave me free airport pickup b/c I stayed more than 3 nights, and the free breakfast is good and plentiful. The downsides are the room's cleanliness is not on par with u.s. Standard but it's clean enough. It's probably equivalent to cleanliness of motel 6 in the u.s.. The bathroom is thai style where shower is not separated from toilet so everything can get wet after a shower. It's not that bad if you do not splash too much when taking shower. Basically just a no frill hotel in a central location. Service is excellent as always in Thailand. I will stay here again. Also room has free wifi but slow as heck in mine.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

My stay in the C & N Hotel, Patong was about what I was expecting. Its an older, rather tired hotel, with smallish but functional and clean rooms, right off all the action of Bangla Road in the heart of Patong, Phuket. The staff are very friendly and helpful, giving you a cheery "wai" whenever you see them, but many have limited English which limits their helpfullness at times. The hotel has an air-conditioned lobby and restaurant, but step into the elevator or the hall corridors and the temperature skyrockets. The in-room air conditioners work welll, however, and my room had a great little balcony with a couple of chairs and a small table. It was great to back to my room after a half-day tour or activity, have my mid-day shower, then sit out on the balcony with a cold Chang and have a smoke while watching the sun begin to set over the beautiful Patong beach.

I found the rooms function, if not lavish in any way. My bed was clean and well maintained, but in the style of Thailand was hard as a rock.. I'd often wake in the middle of the night with a sore spot on my side where I'd been lying. The decor was slightly dated, but not to the point of being off-putting. The bathroom was well appointed with a brand new, glass walk in shower enclosure with a great overhead shower, with a hand held shower option. No bath.

On the negative side, the view directly out of my 4th floor balcony was a construction site of the building next door, which seemed to be adding a tower to their existing building. I couple of times I forgot about closing the curtains in the morning only to walk out of the shower to see the workmen across the way gazing into my room ... too bad guys, nothing to see. I phoned down immediately upon opening the drapes of my room and seeing the site, and asked for a room change, but they told me every room was full. They said they would let me know when a room became available and they would move me, but never got back to me in the five days I stayed there. However, I spent so little time in my room looking out the window, that after that first day, I never really thought about it much.

Another negative, is that you cannot use your in-room phones to make outside calls, even local calls. This was far more annoying, as the only way to make a call was to go down the front desk, and pay the girl who arranges tours 20 baht to use her phone to make a local call. This is the first hotel I've stayed in in recent memory that didn't allow outgoing calls from the rooms, and I still don't understand why they don't allow guests this service. It could be a deal-breaker when I return to Patong and consider staying in this hotel again.

Location is everything, however, and the C & N certainly has location. It sits only a half block from the inland entrance to Bangla Road, which offers great shopping during the day and which at night transforms into one big party street. There is no need to take a taxi or tuk tuk home to your hotel even when you've had a few too many beers at one of the many dozens of watering holes at or near Bangla. If you are nervous crossing the street Thai fashion (which involves waiting for a small gap in traffic and then walking straight ahead trusting that the drivers will avoid you) then find a local and follow them across, you soon get the hang of it. Close proximity to Bangla also has a few drawbacks, as the thumping base from the discos continues till almost 5am nightly, and it will penetrate into your room. I suggest earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

Would I recommend C & N to a friend? Yes, but with the warning not to expect a fancy, upscale, modern hotel. It does feel old and dated, but offers great value and superb location, and offers friendly if somewhat inconsistant service. It is also very guest friendly. Likely, on my next trip, I'll be checking out other options in the Patong area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Chonburi, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Stayed at this hotel 4 times, Good rooms, good service, Staff very good, one way free pick up from airport (3 days min stay) free internet although a bit slow, i mostly stay 4 weeks, and get 10% discount, but best of all, the location,close to beach, and few metres to Bangla road..

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I booked a 4d3n room in C&N Hotel Phuket during my first time trip over there. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. There was one time when the tour agent i got from outside reached quite late to fetch me and my bf for a local tour, the hotel staff actually helped us to call them and ask about it. The location for this hotel is a very strategic. So near to Juceylon and to Bangla Road. The room is very clean and very huge. Overall, i will definitely stay in this hotel again for my next visit to Patong :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to C & N Hotel? Share your experiences!