“Dissappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Jardin Bungalows

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patong
Le Jardin Bungalows
172/18 Nanai Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #104 of 261 hotels in Patong
Walla Walla, Washington
“Dissappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I did lots of research on places to stay in Thailand during our 4 week trip. All of the pics I made were good except for this one. Based on the other reviews and the website, I thought this would be our best option for the size of our group and location. I was wrong. My wife almost packed up and left when we arrived. The rooms are very run down and don't have any amenities at all. If this was a hotel in the U.S., it would rent out at under $50 per night. Since we had prepaid, this wasn't an option. Especially since we checked in at midnight. Our expectations were very high and we were excited when we arrived. That changed very quickly. Nadine was nice and helpful, and was the brightest part of the stay. The pictures are not representative of what you will expect.

You aren't very close to the beach. It is a good 20 minute walk and you don't want to be walking through that area at night as it is not well lit and is a borderline area. You have to take a taxi, which are usually readily available.

This was the first place we stayed during our trip and it got better from there.

If it was a $50 per night place, then I might have been more favorable in my review as my expectations would have been less.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

Very-very friendly owner and staff. Home atmosphere, that we like very much. Comfortable and clean. Very quiet, that is important for Patong. Bungalows in a real nice tropical garden. About 10-15 minutes walk from Patong beach. We have booked our room and taxi directly via hotel webstite, rates were very good.
Dear Nadine, thank you for our excellent stay in Le Jardin! Hope to see you next year!
King regards, Natalia & Gennady, Moscow.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

Finding an hotel with comfy beds in Thailand is like winning the lottery...rented a 2 room 2 bath unit and it is ( I'm here now actually...) spotless ,comfortable ,roomy and QUIET. No goateed youngters crashing around at night ,no loud motorbikes ,no throbbing disco beat from nearby hotels- a garden of serenity indeed.All French guests - the hotel is now at capacity but you wouldn't know it-and me the Aussie -don't think I am game to test out my French tho ...Nadine's English is too good...
I have not eaten a real meal here yet - breakfast (not included) is fine ie coffee and croissants for me... am paying a reasonably stiff price but it is Chinese New Year and a friend is arriving to share with me,which is good.
The spiral staircase up to the second room and bath is not suitable for anyone much -I personally loathe them , but hey its a minor point. I haven't worked out how to turn on the gas cooker but am I going to cook?nah....Management ie Nadine and Stefan kindly gave me a hot water dispenser for early cups of tea.The bathrooms-they are enough to make a regular Thailand visitor weep with gratitude- clean, clean and well maintained ...still using the wet room approach for the shower but its separate and there is nonstop gas fired hot water with real pressure...Joy
iIs a fair hike downhill but pretty direct -I know theres a shortcut but haven't bothered to check it out yet (need runners not flipflops)to the beach through some smelly Patong streets but the exercise is doing me good...its the southern end of Patong Beach ,but thats fine as I go early and leave early too...
The pool here is lovely but the loungers(new) are actually deck chairs and are a bit flimsy and you can't turn over on them to do your back...
Plenty of little cheap Thai eateries up outside the entrance-basic seating and arrangement but the food is great .Minimarts nearby....Patong 10 mins away ...but it could be a world away from here...I'm sold...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

very pleasant bungalows, cleanded everyday, free sauna very good chef; nadine and stephan made me and my family very welcome. will stay there again good value for money. thank you nadine
sharon terry and family (newcastle,united kingdom)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Belfast, Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

I booked Le Jardin directly via their website. I corresponded with the proprietor Nadine and arranged everything by email.
My friend and I booked a two bedroom Bungalow and upon arrival we were greeted by Nadine. We were shown to our Bungalow and invited for a welcome drink and some excellent homemade Pate (much better than normal bar snacks).
The accommodation is clean and beds are very comfortable. The Bedrooms are a good size with tiled floors and separate showers and WC in each bedroom. Both rooms have their own air conditioning units and in addition a fan on the ceiling (great to cool you down after a shower). The showers are electric and therefore hot water is always available.
The shared living area has a small gas cooker, sink, a dining table and chairs, a fridge and a coffee table with easy chairs. The fridge is kept stocked with bottled water and coffee, tea and creamer are also provided.
Rooms are cleaned daily to a high standard and Bed linen and towels are changed on a daily basis. A laundry service is also provided which we used several times (cost was minimal)
If you desire there is a table and chairs for sitting outside.

We found ALL the staff in the Le Jardin to be very friendly, genuine and honest. Nadine has run the business for many years and makes her guests feel very welcome. The Thai staff all seem very happy working there and speak varying degrees of English. We found no problem in communicating. Facilities in Le Jardin include Bar, Restaurant, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Pool and Thai Massage all of which are well maintained and clean.

When you visit Le jardin you will find it provides a very comfortable place to spend a holiday, whether for two weeks or longer and a place where you will feel comfortable and welcome. The food in the restaurant is excellent and Croissants and Expresso coffee are also available.We were very pleased with our choice of accommodation and I would definitely recommend it. Any time I stay in Patong this will be my First choice of accommodation.

Peter Tulloch, Belfast, Nothern Ireland

• Liked — Firendliness of staff and the welcome I received
  • Disliked — Nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Le Jardin Bungalows? Share your experiences!