I stayed here from Feb 2- Feb 5 2010. My reservation was made after I read the past reviews here but sadly, I think management has since changed.
The staff here are not really friendly nor do most of them understand English as stated. In fact they don't seem to care about your well being at all. The owner is now a Thai lady and not a gentleman as previously was.
There were three of us, so we took a 2 bedroom and added 200baht for the extra person because we did not want an extra bed (300 baht).
Our initial room was alright but lacked a hair dryer and water kettle as one would usually expect. The air conditioner started to leak water after a while and it was quite difficult to explain to the staff what was happening because they did not understand English. And even after I showed one of the staff the room condition, all she said was "okay okay" and went back downstairs to chit chat with her friend. We had to wait for 20 mins before any real action took place.
Having said that, they did offered us a room switch to one of the bigger rooms in the hotel for no extra charge. I think this was acceptable and fair. In the bigger rooms, you get amenities like cutlery, water kettle, bigger fridge and hair dryers.
I suppose if you had a bigger budget, the bigger room (which comes with a living room) would be a better choice. Note however, that the hotel does not have elevators and at night it can be quite noisy. But the rooms were clean. Hotel not disable-people friendly.
Location wise, it was quite ideal. Just a short 5 mins from the beach and 7 mins from the night markets.
Price wise, I would say it's standard. But I think from my experience, I would rather stay in a hotel in Phuket Town, and bus into Patong Beach when I want to come in via the mini buses that only cost 250bath.
Overall, I think the hotel was not spectacular but alright if you are traveling on a budget. But I think there would be better hotels for the price in the same area.
A side tip: There's a travel agency called "Dummy Travel Agency" (should have been a big hint) that I wouldn't recommend because of their attitude towards our guide (which was insulting) and their lack of good deals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stoney Monday Oasis Hotel is exactly what its name suggests: a welcome surprise in the middle of a desert. It is fresh and friendly, bringing all the life and vibrance of Patong Beach, Phuket right to your doorstop at a truly acceptable price. Stoney Monday Oasis Hotel demonstrates an innovative approach to providing affordable accommodation, and it is exactly what people have been looking for. Located just 350 mtrs from beautiful Patong Beach it is a great place to stay for a great holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Stoney Monday Oasis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Monday Oasis Patong
- Hotel Stoney Monday Oasis
- Stoney Monday Oasis Hotel Patong, Phuket