Alright-- here are the facts about Tonsai and this Resort....
1. There is no power everyday in your room from 9:00am-5:00pm.....meaning no lights, AC or fans during that time. This is true for ALL of Tonsai. The entire area is run off generators, so to conserve energy, everyone turns them off during the day. This also means restaurants go with refrigeration and put everything on ice (including meats)
2. There is absolutely NO free wifi on Tonsai. The cheapest is 3 Baht a minute.
3. Garbage is an issue on Tonsai. It's everywhere. Took a little bit to get use to.
4. Red ants....everywhere.
With all of this said-- it is genuinely a rock climbers paradise. The entire culture is based upon it. Tonsai Bay Resort is the nicest place to stay on Tonsai....which isn't saying a whole lot. But if you are relaxed and enjoy the "camping" feel, you'll love it. If you want something a little more "resort" like with some accommodations (like always having power or wifi), stay on Railay West. The bays are right next to each other-- about a 20 minute water wade or jungle hike.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Tonsai Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tonsai Bay Hotel Krabi Town
- Tonsai Bay Resort Krabi, Thailand