“My kind of madness” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Koh Pan Yi (Floating Muslim Village)

Koh Pan Yi (Floating Muslim Village)
(This Is in Phang Nga Bay, Not Krabi.), Krabi Town, Thailand
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“My kind of madness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Like most people I ended up here after the trip to James Bond Island.
Yes it is basic and possibly not somewhere you would spend a great deal of time but I think it is fabulous to say yes I went to that Mad Place ( perhaps its just the zanny me but I like somewhere different).
It is a kaleidascopic traffic jam of brightly coloured long tailed boats mooring up to drop the hundreds of tourists for lunch and more.
We sat in a lovely cool restuarant, very welcome after the full heat of the day and yes ok the food is just brought out but I found it perfectly good. I am no fish lover so avoided that but there was a great sweet and sour chicken and some chicken skewers and plenty of rice. Pretty amazing really for the amount of people that are catered for and giving the location of the village. I certainly had no adverse reactions to the food anytime afterwards.
There is ample shopping opportunity if you wish to take it or you can just have a stroll around I came across the maddest football pitch I have ever seen again built on a floating pontoon I asked "Y" our tour guide and he explained the kids wanted to create a football team much to everyones amusemnet due to the location but they came up with the pontoon idea. ( a bit like the Jamacian bob sleigh team) So Pan Yee FC was created. Just my kind of madness.
Give it a go if only to say Yep I have been there and seen that.
Maybe the food is a little mass produced but it is a stop off on a spectacular tour.

Visited May 2013

Singapore, Singapore
18 attraction reviews
“Koh Pan Yi = Muslim Village”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

that village is part of a day trip to see James Bond Island and not worth.
packs of tourist sheep eating their lunch here and wonder around.
75% of the village is full with shops. What a tourist trap.
You feel like a walking wallet. all is overpriced.
Avoid and wait in the restaurant till the tour goes on.
Cultural feeling? NO!

Visited March 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“wouldn't have a second visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

i've been there once last time i went to Phuket,with 5 friends of mine. I guess pearl was what they mostly sell there. None of us bothered to have a look on it. I guess interest does the matter. Because we are not so into pearl. for me it was kinda time wasting there

Visited March 2012
San Diego, California
18 attraction reviews
“Culture”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a good place to learn about a different culture so if you are not into that, there is no reason to stop. it is cool to see this place on stilts but you can see from the boat. The restaurant at the very end has great food but there isn't much to see. We had a tour around the whole village, coolest part is the soccer field that was built by the kids and you can take a peak into their schools. It will really make you evaluate your own life and what we take for granted.

I recommend a stop here for adults interested in learning the culture of Thailand but kids will be bored.

Visited January 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 attraction reviews
“Would not return for a second visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We visited the village as part of a day tour to James Bond Island. While it was unlike anything I've ever seen before, I do not care to return. The food at the restaurant was a bit too adventurous for my taste (unidentifiable meats, entire fish, etc). You cannot order from a menu and plates of pre-selected food are just brought to you. Bring a protein bar if you're vegetarian or don't eat seafood. The restaurant is enormous and serves hundreds of tourists; it did not feel authentic and rather just part of a tourist trap. Following lunch, we walked around the village for a brief tour. It was filthy and the heat brought out some interesting smells. We saw numerous sleeping (or dead?) cats, unattended infants/toddlers, and seemingly unfriendly inhabitants. Beware of two women who shove diaper-clad monkeys onto you and then demand money to take them off of you. Overall, an odd experience that didn't feel quite right. Enjoyed the boat ride to and from, but do not care to return.