“Good value for the price !” 4 of 5 stars

A.Mansion
12/6 Chafa Road, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #79 of 236 Krabi Town B&B and Inns
Phuket Town, Thailand
“Good value for the price !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is well located in the heart of Krabi Town. The room is small but clean and has Air Condition. The bed was a little bit hard but ok for 1 night. The bathroom was not dirty but not clean. However, at that cheap price do not expect that much ! This hotel still stay a good value for this price. I will recommend it for people who stay one night and who stay in room only to sleep !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Thai first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night and was quite scared by the night receptionist I left very early the next day. The room was very cheap, the bed was huge and very soft which I was not expecting. I enjoyed it up until my power switched off and I was stuck in a dark room at around 11pm. I went downstairs and saw the night receptionist, he was clearly drunk as he was swaying from side to side. He tried to massage me and began asking personal questions. He fixed the power but lingered near the room for a while, drunk, which really scared me. I bolted the door shut as I was worried he had access to my room! Wouldn't go there as a solo female traveller!

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I need to stay for a night because of miscoordination with the flight to kravi and the ferry boats to Ko PhiPhi Don. The place is an excellent alternative to rest and very central located to Kravi town. By walk you could get to different markets and places to eat.
The staff was very friendly and get the best deals on transportation to the ferry or to the airport.
Please ask for the new rooms on the front building. They are recently redecorated and more confortable than the old ones in the back building. It could be more expensive but the experience is better (Although the back rooms are fine for a night)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Really impressed with this hotel/guest house, the staff are super friendlyand can't do enough for you, one lady speaks very good English.
Bedrooms are decorated beauftifully, beds are very comfy and I slept well, which is great as I'm a terrible sleeper. Great value for money.
The bus transfer to the to Koh Lanta WILL be late, make sure you book in for an hour earlier than you need to leave and prepare to wait even longer, guess it's the Thai way. Definitely recommend the boat over the bus, felt much safer too. The bus driver packed about 15 people onto a 12 seater bus as well as luggage and this felt a bit unsafe on the overloaded ferry.
The Bolero cafe is within walking distance from A Mansion. This little Italian restaurant is great, owned by a Thai guy who sings in a covers band and plays guitar brilliantly. We were lucky enough to watch them play - unbelieveable likeness to the Beatles!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We are long term travelers with basic needs - general level of cleanliness and enough space for our (minimal) stuff. This place was spotless and had plenty of space! When we arrived, they offered us all levels of rooms (AC rooms from 500-700B). While the more expensive ones sounded nice, we went with the cheapest (with AC). And it was more than we were expecting.

We were coming from the islands where you get some gaps in the floor boards and walls, a few bugs every hour, etc. We had AC, hot shower, wifi in room, TV, free waters, TP, a small wardrobe, and even a towel (or laundry) rack. The bed was comfortable.

The location is good as it is right near the main intersection in town. The food market is nearby and offers cheap and tasty eats.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wien
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

if you want to stay in a cheap but clean hostel with a/c, wifi at your room and friendly staff, go there. they have different room categories - we took the cheapest one (500 baht/2 persons) and it was a good choice. room was simple, but clean+towels and 2 bottles of water waiting for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kathmandu, null, Nepal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Had the most worst time today, when I found out this morning, that in total $1200 was stolen from our bags whilst we were out visiting the town. I am gutted to only now find reviews that other guests have had also experienced the same situation. When going to confront the receptionist, she pretended not to understand us, when we broke the news to her in plain English. Funny thing was, she was very fluent the day before when we checked in. We only stayed for one night, and the receptionist claims that there is only one key to the room, the one which we carry, this is hardly believable. She also claims that no one has gone into the room in the few hours of the evening we had been out but seeing some of our cash vanish in thin air and having no other signs of breaking into the hotel room, I can only point the finger to the staff working there. Went to the police station, the best I could get was a police report, not going to help that much. I feel so betrayed in this trip I have enjoyed so much, but this is changed the way I look to the surroundings and trusting the members of staff that first appear to be so kind and sincere. We left this hotel soon after, and hope we should never have to experience this kind of service ever again.

Room Tip: I learned my lessons to read and pay more attentions to hotel reviews from today- sadly only after b...