“Really nice day, lovely guide!” 5 of 5 stars

+66 90 173 0743
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Perfect for paddle lovers!! Company specialized in kayaking trips. You'll paddle enjoying the views of the nature around Ao Tha Lane area, located 40km from Ao Nang Beach. We offer MORNING and SUNSET trips... We all adapted to your needs and schedules. You can contact us via e_mail, there will inform you about prices and options. Come and join with us! An experience for remember!!
Reading, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Really nice day, lovely guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We booked a day of kayaking and swimming at good price. Kayaking in the morning was fun. We went through the mangroves and through a really scenic canyon! The guide was knowledgable and friendly, the pace was good, even for people who had not been kayaking before. Lunch was at a really good location, food was a bit too westernised for our liking, but well... Swimming in the afternoon was in freshwater and a bit limited but we had a nice chat with the guide. Overall quite good value for a day out.

Visited February 2014

Milton Keynes
“I must have emailed this company a dozen times over November & December...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I had really wanted to do this as the reviews I had read were excellent and it just seemed like the perfect way to end our holiday; well I emailed the company numerous times throughout November and December but did not receive a single reply; so I thought that I would just wait until I arrived in Krabi and I would see if they had availability then...

The day before we arrived in Krabi I emailed them in an 'off the chance' hope they would respond, and at last! A reply! asking whether i would want the sunset or sunrise tour, I replied saying sunset and waited….

And nothing.

Next day, we spent most of the morning trying to find them but couldn’t! so we missed out on this and ended up signing up to a Bakuda tour or something which was OK but not amazing.

Visited December 2013
Sunset_Kayaking, Manager at Phranang Full Moon Kayaking, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Sir,
first of all, if you can got our email also can get the phone number. You can, as many of our customers call directly. In addition, there's app where also can find us at the moment.
And another contact to add is through the various tourist offices you can find in Ao Nang (because knowing the name of the company is not difficult to ask..). Or maybe in the reception desk of the hotel...
However we ask apologize for the neglect and thanks for your interest.
Welcome to Ao Nang again & Hope you have a good memory of Krabi.
Kind regards.
Vienna, Austria
“The Best we did from Tupkaek Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We have the very good reviews on tripadvisor, which we can fully confirm.
Contact them by phone rather than by email as they did not respond to our two emails.
But the service was great. Unfortunatelly, we did not catch the name of the owner, who picked us up and did the kayaking with us. We were lucky, we were the only ones! Great!
It is absolutely recommendable to do the kayaking in the evening as all the other operators have finished their tours by that time and the canyon is all for yourself. His timing was excellent, we quit the canyon exactly at sunset! We were lucky as it was the only real sunset during our stay in Thailand!
And the BBQ dinner directly on the beach with candles was also excellent. They offered so many different dishes, we could not nearly eat all of this.
At the very end, we could even launch two candle balloons into the sky. Very nice.
Yes it is expensive at 1,500 Baht, but for us it was absolutely worth it.

Visited January 2014
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 attraction reviews
“Worst guide : lazy rude and threatening”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Worst guide : lazy rude and threatening

We booked half a day kayaking with phranang full moon via a travel agent in Ao Nang. December 23rd 2013.What a mistake! This was the worst tour we had after one month in south east Asia with a lazy and rude guide who even threatened us during the trip.
The tour started nicely as the guide , whose name is LoK or Lo, seemed kind spoke good English and explained us how many more people we would need to get, what we would see in the countryside on the way to thalane... Well he was communicating.
Then kayaking started and he decided not to speak a single word to anyone during the kayaking trip. No explanation about anything .... We were sharing the tour with a small group with a French guide from a different company who was nice enough to explain us a little. But as the French guide kept on insisting that our guide Lok knew much more than he did, Lok refused to speak and said to the French guide "you started speaking first in this tour, so you need to finish". How lazy and unrespectful for his own customers!
Still, no one complained so I don't t understand why he then became even worse. After the tour, he drove us to an resort and served food to the clients who paid for the whole day tour. To those who had only half a day and no lunch, he ordered very rudely us to "wait 30minutes until others eat."  It was near 1pm and Ao Nang was 30 minutes drive away, we were hungry and did not want to just watch others eat, as he was supposed to drive us directly back to town after the kayak. As a result, I tried to speak to him to get explanation but he avoided me ordering me to wait there. As I insisted and asked him one minute of his time to speak (very politely), he shouted at me "move move!" Making big movement towards my face and looking so angry that I thought he was about to hit me with his fists. So I just waited to prevent the conflict from escalating. (Finally we waited only 20mimutes before a tuk tuk came but the issue is with the guide's behavior)
I never encountered such a behavior. It was rude threatening and frightening.
I want to clarify that I spoke politely and nicely to the guide, asking for explanations (where are we? Why are we not going back to town now?...). I was not at all threatening. And I actually don t care about waiting or their poor organization. I know it happens, especially in Asia. I for instance wasted hours waiting for buses in Laos a few weeks before this tour. But never have I been treated so rudely or threatened as much as that in one month in Asia (worst, I paid for it).
In a nutshell, avoid this company absolutely.

Visited December 2013
Sunset_Kayaking, Manager at Phranang Full Moon Kayaking, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
Thanks for write a review.
We can glimpse an asian prejudice halo the in the last part of your comment. Asia and timing?? We think is not real.
We try to do the best everyday, however it cannot be.
About our guides, they have a lack of experience and the needed skills to manage different situations, easy and not. We thrust them,
We have customers who come every year to enjoy a day together inside/outside the mangroves, by that I mean that if they were so rude and threatening may this not happen.
Wondering, do you like if someone meddle in your work? I don't. The belgian guy isn't a licensed guide, he isn't local. You are doing a guided tour in Thailand, by a thai local company. If not book it through European companies based in Thailand.
Thanks for reading.
Have a nice day.
Sentosa Island, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
“Didn't even get to book it...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Reading Tripadvisor, I was expecting a lot of things from them. But didn't even attend the trip at all. We wanted to book it on Thursday Night 5/12 (we called her on Monday night 2/12)....

1) Compared to other agencies which are cheaper, my friend asked the lady (over the phone) what sets them apart and why are they more expensive, let it be kayaking route, location, duration, food etc... Her answer was "You read from Tripadvisor right? That we very good right? That's why more expensive." So.... No direct answer.

2) I wanted to get their brochure which sadly, most of the travel agent booths don't have. They said they are phone office. So either I try to find one by myself, or they can send to my hotel (Ananta Burin). She initially said that she will send it over the following day. Then after a few minutes on the phone, she asked me to go find it by myself.

3) We went down to another travel agent booth and asked if they have any info about Phranang Full Moon Kayaking and she managed to find a brochure which has been "sticked" around, so parts of it were torn. Very helpful lady (Dao) and she quoted us a lower price for the Phranang Full Moon Kayaking. She then called the company and helped us booked for a 5/12 trip. Tour is running, payment made. I then rushed down to KrabiTrek to make another booking (next review coming up!). When I walked up to this booth, my friend told me that Phranang Full Moon Kayaking called back and said the trip was cancelled because the Mr and Mrs of the company have something on so they couldn't commit. So why didn't you tell us 10mins before we made the payment? We got the full refund back from Dao (so sorry... But we did book a Tree Top Adventure Park from her.)

They tour could have been great. But I think that the company was being too complacent.
A tour package is a WHOLE package. I'm not expecting to be treated like a king throughout the whole tour but i felt I was treated like a piece of rubbish before I booked a tour, and a piece of appendicitis even after I booked it.

Visited December 2013
Sunset_Kayaking, Manager at Phranang Full Moon Kayaking, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Gaine,
I remember perfectly your call on the 2/12. I should say that when I spoke to you on the phone our conversation was ok. The misunderstanding arrive when your friend call back after a couple of minutes.
The sequence of events was: first you called us, asking for the location of our office, and tours packages. I told you our office is not in Ao Nang, not in the walking street, but that if you want we can meet day after in your hotel or wherever you want. We agreed that would leave an envelope to your attention in the reception of the hotel with a brochure inside and they will hand it over when you arrived at the hotel.

1. after a few minutes the phones rings again, your friend want to ask why the price or our tour is more expensive than another company (as you write). I told her:
1.1. We offer Sunset kayak and BBQ. Other companies offer kayak and Sunset BBQ. She said.. I don't understand...
1.2. The timing of our trip is longer. She still asking why the price...
1.3. I told her we buy the fresh food everyday we have trip, meat, fish, seafood, fruit... we include soft drinks... things that other company don't do, for that the price could be cheaper... And she laughed. Inside myself i thought this was being too rude for me... And keep asking, but why? which is the difference?
At least my response was that our philosophy of trips is: more important quality rather than quantity.
And then I ask her how did she get our phone number? She said from internet... And then I told her that in "there" she can find the information from our trips, clients. Impossible to comment on what you say about Tripadvisor because for start you had phone contact is not displayed here.
Anyway we never push the guest to book our trips, should be a personal decision. I told her, if she think the price of our trip is expensive, let's book with other company, we don't mind. Everyone is free.

2. You can find our brochure in many tourist offices in Ao Nang, which just is not that there are few. And thought to leave you a brochure in the receptions of your hotel the next morning, until we received a call from the office ... Maybe the communication was not good enough to avoid misunderstandings.

3. For personal reasons, we couldn't do the trip on this date. Sorry.

We thank you for your comment, because we are human and as such we were wrong. And learn from mistakes and help us grow.
Hope you enjoy your holidays in Krabi.