Nosey Parker's Elephant Camp - Private Day Tours
Nelson, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
“ripped off?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My teenagers wanted to do an elephant trek so we booked a jungle trek with Nosey Parkers.

I was very dissapointed with the trip, There was no jungle it was basically a circuit through an unused rubber plantation there was supposed to be a jungle walk after the trek but we didn't bother because I wasn't sure what their definition of jungle actually was!

We had two elephants and the only positive I can say is the Mahuts were fantastic, very funny and very informative and din't stick the elephants with anything the whole time.

Just very dissapointing :(

Chichester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Our day out at Nosey Parkers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Baan SaiThai Full-day Tour of Canoeing + Elephant Riding: 5-6 hours. Our party of 8 visited the camp last week. What a great day and really good value

Visited February 2013
Browns Plains, Queensland, Australia
“The best elephant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Liked everything about this, treatment of elephants was great, interaction with our children was awesome, value for money, a moment to remember for ever. Was the highlight of our trip for the kids. Got some great photos.

Bangkok
188 attraction reviews
“Worst elephant ride in Thailand; animals treated badly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I have ridden elephants many times in Thailand and this place is by far the worst. The rides are short, and they treat the elephants badly. Our elephant had wounds that they had just painted over so we wouldn't notice. The elephants are also kept on very very short chains. After riding for about 10 mins, our drivers stopped the elephants and just sat and smoked for about 1 minutes, and then took us back to the main area. If you have the chance to ride elephants elsewhere, please give this place a skip!

Visited October 2012
5 attraction reviews
“Very unprofessional organisation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had serious misgivings about this trip, however the rest of the family really wanted to do it so Iwent along with it. The problems started during our pickup from the hotel, I sat in the front of the cab as the seats at the back were full. During the drive I chatted generally with the driver with started off ok, however out of the blue he asked me if I took drugs, I said no and he told me he smoked dope and offered me a spliff. Once at the venue I was again offered drugs by other staff and a few off the guys appeared a little off key.
As for the elephants they were beatiful creatures, however I felt that they can't be looked after well by a group of people that openely smoke drugs all day. 2 hours to forget.