“Horrible, dirty, very loud and too expensive - DON'T GO!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Up Hill Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Krabi Town
Up Hill Cottage
You added Up Hill Cottage to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Cottage   |   Moo 7, Ao Nang, Phi Phi Island, Krabi Town, Thailand   |
Ranked #129 of 190 Specialty Lodging in Krabi Town
“Horrible, dirty, very loud and too expensive - DON'T GO!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

This hotel is terrible. Our room was dirty (see photos) and smelled like pisse. Far from the beach but we could still hear the loud noise from the beach parties all night.

There was no hot water and we overpaid because we couldn't find another room available (900 BAT no air conditioning)

• Stayed November 2011

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Location - bit of a trek to the ferry port and the beach. (5-10 minute walk) But on the brightside, it was right next to Phi Phi Viewpoint, which has amazing views of the island, especially for sunset. (Not an easy walk though, I'm quite fit and it took me 30 minutes to get to viewpoint 3 - and I was sweating buckets!)

Rooms - Basic. I had a double bed in a large room with air con. Nothing else in the room bar a desk and wardrobe. Fairly clean and no insects. They only tend to clean every few days though. (New towels every 2)

Toilet - not the best. smelt a bit and tiles were a bit cracked and dodgy looking.

In my opinion there's probably better places, but at least all the rooms are bungalows and if you're having an early night, it's fairly far from the noise of the beach party. I don't spend any time in my room on holiday anyway, so it doesn't bother me too much. Plus it cost me 600bt a night with A/C on.

Phi Phi is one of the most beautiful islands I've ever been to, so the hotel certainly didn't ruin it for me - if you're not on a budget, great - don't stay here, you can get a lovely place for 2000bt plus - otherwise, it's not bad.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

There was 4 of us, we required 1 twin room and 2 doubles. Twin bungalow booked, not as nice as our two double rooms. Double rooms up the hill, two under one roof, with a nice patio area with seats for all four of us and views of both beaches. Close to town.
Pretty clean bathrooms, new curtains, looked like the walls needed a lick of paint though. All and all not too bad for B400 on PP, where accommodation is a bit pricier in general.
However the night was awful for me. After two hours of sleep I woke in the middle of the night as my feet were soooo itchy. When i flicked on the light and studied some red bites on my feet I spotted a tiny creature. Soon I realized I had bedbugs, all sizes and many. I killed a few and put them in a tissue to show to reception next day. I tossed and turned a while longer but then resolved to knocking on my friend's door and ask him to share his double. i only met those people a day before on the ferry and bus but he was very cool about it.
I explained situation to the reception in the morning and he was very professional and apologetic. When I suggested a partial refund he agreed to half the money back immediately. I informed him i showered and changed clothes before going to my friend's room but he said he would deep clean both beds.
All and all not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
PhiPhi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

we got this room for 400 baht - cheap and on a whim. When we got there it was the furtherest away place and yes...it was up a hill! The room was disgusting. Looked like it hadnt been cleaned - the sheets were stained and the bathroom had sand on the floor and cracks in the wall, a trail of ants and a stained bathroom. It only had a cold shower and when they say the hotel is located next to a resivoir - they mean a giant pond that smells soooo bad!

If you look for Ban Thai Guest house with Mrs Lee - again 400 baht for a twin room with fan - so much nicer!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

We stayed here for New Years 08/09 which was awesome thanks to the party at the beach. But I wouldn't not recommend staying in this hotel if you can even call it that. We were flashpacking around Thailand and didn't have any where booked and because it was busy with New Year this was pretty much our only option as the island was fully booked. The room was very very basic with a bed and a desk. The bathroom was dirty and only had a cold shower. The bath towels looked like they had never been washed. The bed was so hard I lined it with towels before going to bed. It was never serviced which was no surprise and something we didn't mind. Location although on the map looks far away, in reality its not. You can walk anywhere on Phi Phi and this was no probelm to get around. We did stay in a Bungalow at the front and we did speak to others who were at the back and commented about how far away it was. It was AUD $30 which is cheap but because Phi Phi is beautiful I would recommend staying something a little more up market to make your stay easier.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Up Hill Cottage? Share your experiences!