“Perfectly fine for a chinese style hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Vieng Thong Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   155 Uttarakit Rd., Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #137 of 152 Hotels in Krabi Town
London, United Kingdom
“Perfectly fine for a chinese style hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Being a fan of chinese hostels/hotels because of the price/value rate, this hotel was perfectly fine for us to stay one night! It came as it always comes. Big room, television, fan or aircon, big beds and nice (cold but not to cold) shower. They have an elevator (for if you stay on the higher-up floors). Staff was friendly. The only thing that made me frowened where the 2 glasses in the room rapped in plastic reading ' sterillized for your safety' but when unrapping it wasn't sealed. I liked the thought but don't place it there when it isn't actually sterillized. All with all fine for one or more nights stay. Clean and proper sized and quite cheap.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This hotel had a locked fire exit on the third floor. I took photos of it - see picture uploaded in this review. I booked the hotel via agoda.com. They asked me by email for a response, so I gave it. I then called them and had to hit about 20 numbers to get through to a person, who couldn't help me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
jakobstad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hello me and my wife stayed in vieng thong a few nights around mid april..They try to keep an immage that their place is a little bit better than other places in the same category,and I belive you need to be somewhat lucky to get a room in good condition...Having said that our room was ok,a little bit wear and tear but ok..
The room-rate we paid was 700 bath which feels slightly high for that kind of room..-550-600 would be more adequate in my opinion,as the hotel is somewhat old..

The location is perfect in my opinion .
Then I have to mention that they should stick to their own rules, if they have non smoking signs they should emphasize the rules....
As I wrote in my review about city hotel it is 2013 and I think a non smoking policy would be to follow the time...

can I see myself staying in this hotel again??? hm lets say like this there are other alternavives
close by ,,with in my opinion a better value for money so Vieng thong is not going to be my first choice...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Watford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

we stayed 1 night in this hotel in krabi town because our hotel we booked was fully booked when we turned up and they took us here.....the room was minging !!!! it smelt weird and as the pictures show there was mould , stain on sheets and tape holding up the shower curtain rail.
The aircon was hopeless and took ages to cool down and the shower head was hanging out of the wall....Please don't book this hotel not even for 1 night you will regret it!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

When we arrived we asked to see the rooms - apparently they have old rooms and new rooms. We asked for the nicer new rooms. I don't think they understood us as they showed us the old rooms which were horrible. Smelt damp,looked awful. We finally got someone who understood english and finally got to see the new rooms - not so new but much better than the old rooms! Large size, fairly clean. My sisters room smelt a bit like smoke. Basic bathroom. It did the trick for one night. Just around the corner from the food market which was a great experience to eat at! We were passing through so can't say much else about krabi. Good point to take transport to nearby islands.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Vieng Thong Hotel? Share your experiences!