This hotel truly stands out. It towers over the surrounding one and two-story structures in the neighborhood, and its unique profile can be easily identified from kilometers away.
The room was clean and spacious, and included all of the expected amenities: hair dryer, mini-refrigerator, television with overseas channels, a shower stall as well as a bathtub, closet safe, ample closet space, comfortable lounging chair, business desk.
I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the restaurant on the first floor. It included Thai specialties as well as western style eggs, bacon, ham, sausages, milk and dried cereals, fresh fruit juices, good strong coffee. The chairs were comfortable, the tablecloths clean, and although some of the staff were not strong in English, the service was good. I noticed that during the breakfast rush, the tables located outside in the atrium were very popular. It seemed that almost as soon as one guest left, someone else would take the table.
I tried the Karaoke facilities in the basement. The selection of English songs, although a little dated, is adequate. Their pizza was a big hit with my colleagues.
I used a computer in the business center located on the 2nd floor to access the internet and my e-mail. The staff there set me up and guided me through the Thai language screens.
I had one lunch at the Chinese restaurant on the second floor. The taste of the dishes appeared to be adjusted for Thai preferences to be a little more spicy. I found the food to be quite delicious. Although different from the Chinese fare that I've eaten elsewhere, I really liked it.
The night view from my room was very nice. Unfortunately, the loud music from the disco down the street kept me up for awhile.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid Hotel Khon Kaen
- Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid Hotel
- Pullman Khon Kaen
- Sofitel Khon Kaen
- Accor Khon Kaen
- Khon Kaen Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid is in Khon Kaen, just 40 minutes flight from Bangkok in the heart of Thailand's northeastern region. The hotel features 244 rooms and 48 suites with a remote console to control the lighting, room temperature and television. The Life Style Health Centre facilities include a swimming pool with underwater speakers, gym equipment, an aerobics room, sauna and body treatment programs. Sofitel Raja Orchid also boasts the largest entertainment complex in the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, ACCOR, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.