“The best in khonkaen” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9-9 Prachasumran Road, Khon Kaen 40000, Thailand   |
Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in Khon Kaen
“The best in khonkaen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I have ever been at many hotel in khonkaen. This is the best. You can walk around for some foom and drink or buy almost thing easily. Overall is perfect for me. If you are a guy let's check at underground entertainment.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to be your accommodation choice and taking the time to post this review on TripAdvisor after your visit to the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid.

We very much appreciate that you enjoyed your stay at the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

The Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid…

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Karachi, Pakistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family have been staying at this hotel since it opened as a Sofitel back in the 90's, and have always been impressed with the overall superb quality of the products and services, and with the great value rates.

This was perhaps our 20th visit, but this time we encountered a few minor problems, such as the room billing, which was inaccurate, requiring a late charge after I had checked out, and the terrible service in the coffee shop during dinner, at which time I repeatedly had to ask for service at my table of 10, which included a senior local high court judge, and a senior local police Colonel, with their families.

We also noticed that the hot food on the dinner buffet was mostly overcooked and cold, although the grilled items cooked to order were well seasoned and well prepared.

We used the gym on several occasions and found the staff friendly and the equipment in great shape, same goes for the excellent pool deck area which is also well maintained.

Dislikes include the absence of a fruit basket, the poor quality in room tea and coffee products, and the shockingly high mini bar prices, which are 300% higher than those found at the nearby 7/11 (30 dollars for a small quart bottle of Scotch) and the warm and humid room overnight, which is probably due to the fact that the hotel switches off 75% of its chillers during the night.

I was also served a glass of flat yeasty draught beer in the lobby lounge, which was quickly exchanged for a local bottled beer by the friendly Bar Manager.

The bakery shop in the lobby offers excellent products and service, which are comparable with any 5 stars hotel in Bangkok.

Overall we remain fans of this amazing grand hotel, which has to be one of the best 5 stars hotels outside of Bangkok, (could easily become a Hilton, Intercontinental, Sheraton, Dusit, Peninsula, etc.) and will continue to return with my family to what surely has become our favorite hotels in Thailand.

Gordon James Gorman. General Manager. Avari International Hotels.

Room Tip: Book a suite, great views, great rates.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this review, July 23, 2013

I was delighted to see that you had a pleasant stay with us and our services met your expectations. However, thank you for your comment regarding the accuracy of bill. I have spoken to our Front Office Manager to brief and train our staff to always check the correctness and be careful for every detail.

I was sorry regarding our food on the buffet. I have talked to our Executive Chef to be more meticulous on serving hot and fresh in consistency, and to maintain the buffet table at a proper temperature in providing the high-quality of the food in order to satisfy all guests.

Concerning the service of staff. I have spoken to Food and Beverage Manager to brief and train our staff to pay more attention to the guest’s request so that we can offer an efficient service to every single guest.

Please rest assured that we will continue to develop, educate and motivate our team to provide consistently higher levels of service for all our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid in the not too distant future.

Ole NIELSEN
The Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid...
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is the business hotel at reasonable price in the heart of Khon Kaen...
Walking distances from many many & resto, Central Plaza and some more local food market ( if you like Thaialnd these are the ones to go !)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Pattaya. Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was visiting friends in Khon Kaen and have stayed in a few hotels in the area. This time I went with my Husband and we booked a Junior Suite for 4 Nights.
Although a little more expensive than other hotels and again having the Junior Suite cost a bit more, it was worth the extra.
Our room was big and comfortable. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom had a shower and separate bath tub, the bedroom had an entrance area with plenty of wardrobe space and a room safe. The bedroom had a small sofa and armchair, a decent size flat screen tv, a desk with computer connection for Internet or wifi was available. There were tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary soaps, shampoos. A mini bar was in the room, but a little expensive as in many hotels. The room was clean and we'll furnished. The hotel is in a great location for a few bars, restaurants and a shopping mall all within a short stroll. The staff were all very helpful and professional during our visit. The hotel breakfast was included in our direct booking package and they had a good selection to choose from. The Swimming Pool was a good place to relax and the buffet lunch was also very good. I will definitely be staying at the Pullman again in the near future and am happy to recommend it to readers.

Room Tip: Worth the extra to stay in a Junior Suite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this review, July 16, 2013

Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed for 4 days on business. Has all the facilities and services you expect of a top hotel and excellent food. Very comfortable and clean room, and my evening spa experience was amazing. I was on the 19th floor and didn't have any problem with noise.

The staff are friendly, but to echo one of the earlier posts, if you are non-Thai speaking, communication can be a bit frustrating. It wasn't a problem at reception, more in the restaurant and sometimes when phoning house-keeping. Some staff have good English but others have none at all - or perhaps just aren't confident enough in using it.

This problem of communication has been commented on before and I note the Manager has employed an English teacher. I encourage him to keep up the good work in improving English skills, as this will make all the difference to the experience for non-Thais.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this review, July 12, 2013

I was delighted to see that you had a pleasant stay with us and our services met your expectations. However, I have read your comment regarding the insufficient command of English for our staff. Although we have a fulltime native English teacher to teach our staff on a daily basis I regret to say that the proficiency may not be what could be expected. We do try our best to give the best service however we have failed in your case.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Ole Nielsen
The Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid...
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ok, so I didn't stay at every hotel in NE Thailand, but stayed in several and this was by FAR the Best. Come up the drive and the doorman opens your car door, and the lobby door, where you can enjoy the sight of a big, and very well decorated, lobby. In the center is a lounge with comfortable seating and bar service. Plenty of beautiful plants and accent lighting help make this a very welcoming environment. Front desk staff are very nice, though some are learning English, but are quick to get help if needed. I found them all to be highly motivated to make me happy with any issue I had. This can be said of ALL the staff I encountered, from the front desk to housekeeping to the restaurant workers. I had booked a junior King suite and it was plenty roomy for me and the wife, and her Daughter and Mom who came by frequently. The bathroom was all marble with a huge bathtub, and large shower in glass enclosure, and big mirrors over the double vanity, making the room look even larger. Along with Obligatory Shampoo, conditioner, liquid and bar soap, they provide a comb, sewing kit, nail file, shower cap, toothbrush and toothpaste. The towels and washcloths were very high quality, very soft with high thread count. Bathrobe and Slippers, hairdryer and electronic safe also provided. Mini-bar with several nice 6-8 oz bottles of various liquor on shelf above refrigerator, and 2 kids of beer and various fruit juices in fridge. 2 Bottles of water are provided each day for free. Nice size (?40") Flat screen LCD TV with Cable and DVD player in the living room section, and large enough to see from bed if desired. Dining table and four chairs and small sofa in living area, very comfortable lounge chair and footstool next to king bed. All lights and TV master are controlled digitally from pad next on bedside table, very nice touch! The large pool is extremely clean, and very welcoming on a hot afternoon! Towels provided free, drinks and food served poolside if desired. I ate at ALL the restaurants on the premises and must say they were all very nice. WONDERFUL Dim Sum lunch, all you care to eat at the Chinese restaurant and I had an EXCEPTIONAL meal in the Vietnamese Restaurant with family, with drinks and dessert, all for 2650Baht, unbelievable to me! If you're into Karaoke, they have over 20 private rooms, and one large room if you're part of a crowd. I got comped 2 hours use each of 15 nights, and had a good time a couple of night, using the ALSO COMPED 500Baht food or drink vouchers provided each night! The hotel is a couple of KMs from the main shopping mall, the CENTRAL PLAZA Mall, and as it was Very hot in Thailand when I visited, so I took the local "tuk-tuk" or the regular car taxi there each day for some Starbucks and shopping (and it's well air-conditioned!!!), for only 40-60 baht each way. I would have expected to pay upwards of 300+ USD for this type of hotel room anywhere in Florida, but only paid 3450baht ($115) per night, but, as said previously, got 1000baht credit each day, 500 for food and drink, along with voucher for 2 hours karaoke per day, worth another 500baht. I was also provided daily 50% off the price of any SPA service, and the massages were so Good. I visited a few other hotels in Khon Kaen, and I certainly could have stayed at another hotel for about 2000baht per night, but decided why mess with near perfection, as this is how I felt about my experience at this fine hotel. (Oh! How could I forget?! The daily Breakfast Buffet is OFF THE HOOK GOOD. DON'T MISS IT, even if you're staying elsewhere. Breakfast items for any palate, American, British, Asian, hundreds of items, and a buffet this nice in Florida would cost $40 easy, but breakfast for 2 was also included in my daily rate)

Room Tip: I talked to a couple from Australia who said they were in a room above the main Karaoke bar and the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

The Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid…

Been to Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid? Share your experiences!