“The simplest but the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of River Guest House

River Guest House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kanchanaburi
River Guest House
46 Soi Rong Heep Soi, Kanchanaburi, Thailand   |
Ranked #20 of 69 hotels in Kanchanaburi
Brussels, Belgium
“The simplest but the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was looking for a cheap and beautiful place place to stay and River Guesthouse perfectly fit my expectations. The bugalow's are situated on the river kwai. Surrounded by blooming lotus flowers. If you want to go for a swim, the water is clean and totaly environmental friendly. I totally enjoyed chilling in my hamac on my balcony, watching the sun rise and set. The owner is a friendly and truely charming interesting person, who cooks delicious food as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

14 people have reviewed this hotel

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011 via mobile

I stayed for two nights in this guesthouse, after having shopped around ca ten other guest houses. The location and the way the huts were placed on the water charmed me immediately. Very friendly owner, impressive how he organises everything by himself! The room (had one of the boats with aircon) were basic, but nicely decirated and clean. of course there are animals around (geckos-love them, a mouse-don't love them so much, but more important swifts and bats who come out racing over the water at sunset-in one word incredible!), which only makes you feel closer to nature. I could hang around in my hammock for hours and had quite a few little moments of happiness. When back in kanchanaburi, will definitely revisit!

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011 via mobile

We are currently staying at River Guest house and are so happy that we stumbled on this gem.
We were greeted by warm smiles and the owners who have just taken over the guesthouse have been so helpful-nothing is too much trouble.
We are staying in one of the new floating rooms with a fabulous balcony with a view.It's so chilled out. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed September 2011
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

what started out to be a fleeting visit to Kanchanaburi turned out to be a 3 week holiday at River guesthouse. it was just what my girlfriend and i were looking for, a lazy little chilled out spot on the river. The staff there were lovely and full of stories and useful information. The location was perfect, near to the centre and lots of little street stalls and temples and it was also hidden from all this, so we had the peace and tranquility of the river, while lying in our hammocks. Great place, can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Farnborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2007

I stayed here for 3 nights with my friend and my son.
We found this on the internet and headed for it as it was on the river Kwai, we headed down some stairs to the river and the staff were friendly and very helpful.
The rooms were upon viewing very basic and the on suite bathroom had a hole in the floor so the shower water could run away!
We were all attacked by mosquitoes and my son was very badly attacked.
The guest house was however very good and decided to stay all 3 nights anyway.
The location could not be beaten!!!
And the staff were very very good.
I would stay again.

Stayed March 2007

Been to River Guest House? Share your experiences!