“still the best spa experience in Thailand” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 13 Activities in Kanchanaburi
More attraction details
Owner description: Message from Helen Martin, Owner of Suan Nanachaat It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce that Suan Nanachaat, ''The Garden of Many Nations'', will close for good from 16th December 2013. This has been the toughest decision I have ever had to make as the whole experience has been the most rewarding time of my life. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been involved with Suan Nanachaat over the years. Firstly, our amazing team of therapists and support staff. They have all been so dedicated to us and I wish them all the very best for the future. Most importantly, all of the people that we have welcomed to ''The Garden''. We have met some wonderful characters over the years and I hope that in some small way we helped to make your Thailand experience a memorable one. So it's goodbye from all of us here at Suan Nanachaat, and thank you!
Berlin, Germany
107 attraction reviews
“still the best spa experience in Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We came back - after two years - and nothing much has changed.
This time we asked for a free pick-up from our resort, as Suan Nanachaat is way out of town.
The whole atmospere and tranquility of the place is super inviting.
The way we were welcomed and led to our changing rooms, everything perfect.
Most of all, of course the massage. I had an oil massage and a scalp treatment.
If you want a strong man's hands - and still sensual and sensitive- ask for Ae.
I have been to more expensive places like Cheeva Spa in Chiang Mai, but never ever was there a place like Suan Nanachaat that offers a shower after having oil all over your body: Just great!

Visited January 2013

• Thai first
Koh Tao
9 attraction reviews
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We visited this Spa on our second trip to Kanchanaburi in 2005, the first visit we did the usual trips, the second joining another couple there for a short two days, we found this wonderful oasis that is Suan-Nanachaat. Excellent service & treatments, a must visit.

I have been recommending this place to friends for years since our visit as I live in the South of Thailand and every time i would forget the name of it, but they gave us a t-shirt when we were there which thankfully has the name and website on, so I would dig it out and tell people the name. This time now i've found it on here and facebook so can share with everyone!

Visited December 2011
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Fantastic oasis of calm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

A lovely place with great massages and lovely service- I thoroughly recommend it to all. Only sorry we didn't have more time to have more treatments!

Visited November 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“just fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

we booked a full day of treatments and was not dissapointed
the way the spa planned our day was just great
you can take a break at anytime and when we did we had a
superb lunch, all made fresh to order
this place is as good as it gets and having read other reviews
saying it was expensive is not true, and in this world you only
get what you pay for
I would say it is fantastic value for money and will visit again
when back kanchanaburi
so a big thanks to owners and staff.

Visited October 2012
Moscow, Russia
4 attraction reviews
“A Must Do in Kanchanaburi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My Thailand trip was planned to include a trip to visit Kanchanaburi with a friend -- most specifically to spend the better part of two days together at Suan Nanachat reveling in sybaritic pampering. Yes, I tried almost every treatment and none of them were disappointing. I started with the coffee body scrub followed by a long Thai massage and then a hot herbal treatment, Pak Ob, that I had never heard of. I ended the second day with a relaxing facial. The staff is incredibly professional and well trained. The spa has been designed - from the gardens, to the rooms, to the food and the luscious smoothies -to engage all your senses - smell, taste, touch, hearing, sight. Expensive? Not on your life. I live in a city where a massage of this quality costs $90.00 or more for an hour long massage. Including my seven treatments ( eight if you count the repeat Pak Ob treatment), food, some kaffir lime massage oil to take home, and a nice tip for the staff, I spent $150.00 over two days and couldn't be happier. If you want to indulge yourself from a single treatment to a day or more - this is the place to go. And, of course, they pick you up and bring you home from your hotel, for nothing. You can't beat that.
Their website is informative so you can plan your visit ahead of time. We are returning as a three generation family in January for another entire day, and can't wait. Thank you.

Visited November 2012