“WOW - you must eat here !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 128 restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Cuisines: English, Thai, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Hot to find my restaurant:The restaurant is located on the main tourist road, also known as "River Kwai Road" or, in Thai language, "Thanon Maenam Kwae". Starting from the center of the main road (near the "7 Eleven"), follow the road to the south, towards the "Allied cemetary". Turn the around the corner with all the bars and the "CJ" convenience store and you are already there!Hello and welcome to my restaurant!All food is homemade using fresh, natural ingredients and I try to cook as healthy as possible.Meat, seafood, fruit and vegetables are bought from village farms or our local market which I visit every day.I also use high quality oil. My fruit shakes, juices and lassies are without added sugar.Please note that I prepare everything myself and food may take a while if the place is busy. I ask for your patience, I think it is worth it :)Note that fish and crab are not in the menu anymore as they do not stay fresh for long and the demand is very low. Please let me know 1 day in advance if you want to have a fish or crab dish.Feel free to ask for the newspaper or WiFi password or charge your phone / laptop.You may also use my personal computer (if possible).Enjoy your stay!
Kanchanaburi, Thailand
“WOW - you must eat here !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have eaten is may restaurants over the world and must say this is in my top three. The food is fantastic and is cooked by the owner from locally sourced ingredients. The menu is extensive and has something to suit everyone's taste. The Thai food is the best I have ever tasted and is cooked freshly to order and also to your individual customers spice requirements. If you are a vegetarian you with have more choices than you could ever imagine. There is an excellent variety of wines, beers and cocktails along with health juices and fruit shakes. Nothing here is too much trouble and you will be looked after like you were family. This place is immaculate and has the cleanest toilet I have ever come across in Thailand, I guarantee once you have visited here you, like me, will be yet another returning customer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
“Great food, very friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We took up this recommendation from Trip Advisor and it was well worthwhile. A small, unassuming place, but great food all cooked fresh in front of you. This means waiting your turn for your meal to arrive as it is a one woman show, but kids games were provided to keep them occupied. When the food arrived it was worth the wait!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Durbanville, South Africa
“Best Massaman Curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We've read all the rave reviews for Nut Bar and went to visit early on during our stay in Kanchanaburi. What a lovely lady - Nut, prepared the best food with the greatest care and freshest produce. It tasted heavenly and we decided we will most certainly go back a second time. I would strongly recommend the Massaman Curry ... Nut is well known for this dish, and after tasting it myself - I agree ... the best Massaman Curry in Thailand.
The presentation is so cute and it was touching to see how Nut's son & daughter jumped in helped during a busy dinner service.
Thank you Nut - your food is great and your family so kind.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore
“Great food and hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Happened to pass by Nut's restaurant after visiting the war cemetery as it was just a walking distance away. Remembered seeing the review and went in for lunch. The warm hospitality and great food from Nut made me went twice in this trip. When i asked about rice noodle Nut uses, as I keen to buy home. Nut immediately volunteer to help me get from the nearby market, I rejected as I didn't want to trouble her. At the end of my meal, Nut came with a pack of rice noodle. I was really touched by her helpfulness and initiative. Having meal was a great experience as she is always attentive to our needs without being intrusive.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Plan nothing after, have no time frame, be relaxed and calm, savour the wait for the food, with people watching and drinks. But it's so WORTH it, quite some of the best Thai food this westerner has ever eaten, and along with my Thai friend, the best HE has ever had, yes you will wait a good hr for the food, because the owner cooks the daughter takes orders and serves. Simple and stunning.

• Visited July 2013