“Beautiful place, delicious food and polite staff's.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of U Inchantree Kanchanaburi

Save Saved
You added U Inchantree Kanchanaburi to your Saves list
U Inchantree Kanchanaburi
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   443 Mae Nam Kwai Road | Muang Kanchanaburi District, Kanchanaburi 71000, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 69 hotels in Kanchanaburi
“Beautiful place, delicious food and polite staff's.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Had a night stay, room was cozy and the surrounding area is peaceful. Food at Peppers was mouth watering especially the beef musaman curry. My mom loved the food and hospitality, keep up the sincerity and good work.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

477 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Thai first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a lovely hotel set on beautiful grounds of manicured lawn and with great view of River Kwai and the Bridge. Infinity pool and restaurant overlooks the river and the setting is just perfect for a relaxing trip away from the city. Breakfast served is also pretty good.

Now for the cons:
Rooms are small and that I had already expected after reading the other reviews on TripAdvisor, however, it really is comfortable enough for 2.

The disaster was at the spa. The 4 of us booked massages for each one of us together one evening. When I thought I had already experienced the worst massage ever elsewhere, was I wrong! My therapist was so distracted she wasn't massaging at all. Just going through the motions, not applying pressure in the right places. Then I realised the reason for her distraction. She had placed her mobile phone on the mattress I was lying on, right at my feet. In that one hour, she actually stopped massaging to answer her phone 3 times!

The other 2 therapists massaging my nephew and niece had their phones with them too. And they too complained that they stopped massaging to answer the phone calls a few times!!! Shocking. Yes, their phones were on silent mode but to answer calls while they are with their clients? Preposterous. I won't even bring my phone with me for massages!

When I complained to the hotel while I was checking out, the 2 staff who attended to me just apologised to me (rather nonchalantly) and immediately handed me the credit card slip to sign for the massages. I told them that even the cheap massages on the street in Bangkok who charge less than a quarter of what they do, the masseuse will never bring their phones with them, much less answer the calls! And this is a spa in an upmarket hotel!

Despite the positives in the hotel, this experience at the spa left me and my family and with a bad after taste.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
SuratwadeeKhom, General Manager at U Inchantree Kanchanaburi, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear MelLauCK
Greetings from U Inchantree Kanchanaburi.
I would like to thank you for writing such nice words regarding your stay at U Inchantree and also offer my most profuse apologies regarding your experience with the massages you and your family received.
The attitude expressed by the therapists is certainly completely unacceptable and I have investigated the matter with them. They told me that ( as we outsource of therapists and they are not hotel staff) they were rejecting requests from other clients requesting treatment at that particular time. I informed them in no uncertain terms that they are not to answer their telephones for any reason while treating U Inchantree guests and I have passed on your complaint to their manager for further action.
I have also spoken to my staff about their attitude in responding to your comment as thus far we have a gilt-edged reputation for customer service as confirmed by the reviews on this very website and this is certainly not the manner in which U Inchantree hosts usually deal with guest grievances.
May I end by saying that I deeply regret this incident marred an otherwise enjoyable stay and I hope you have a chance to visit us again where you have a chance to witness firsthand the result of your invaluable feedback.
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this little gem. Its in the best position on the river with lovely views from the pool and restaurants. Nice breakfast and restaurant meals at reasonable prices. Fantastic massage after a day visiting the Erewan falls and Hellfire pass. 5 minute stroll to the famous Bridge over River Kwai.
Rooms are small but we were expecting that as read on other reviews.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

All things considered, the U Inchantree hotel is a good choice - particularly in the area. I have the impression that there aren't many choices in Kanchanaburi, and while there's nothing particularly wrong with the hotel, it just wasn't quite what I was expecting.

This feels like a newer property (although I don't know the actual date is was opened). The rooms have ipod players and seem to have that sleek modern look, but they are incredibly small. I was in Thailand from the US for more than 2 weeks, and I really had nowhere to open my suitcase comfortably. There wasn't much space in the bathroom, either, to keep my personal items and hang up clothes. I didn't have much of a view of anything, although the staff pointed out that the room overlooked some trees. I would preferred a view of the river (but I wasn't there for the views, so it wasn't a big deal.)

The service is pretty good. The staff is nice and helpful, but they don't speak very much English. I couldn't even get a recommendation for a restaurant within walking distance. Fortunately, it's easy to stroll down the road to the two closest places in town. The pool area was nice, and the chairs on the lawn facing the river are lovely. The views from the breakfast terrace are second-to-none -- incredibly tranquil and beautiful. It was certainly a quiet location.

Overall it was a good choice. Fortunately it was only a two-night stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights. Found the location excellent, only 5 minute walk to the bridge. Hotel has a lovely restaurant and great pool right on the river. Staff very helpful and the massage excellent. Only downside would be the size of the rooms as mentioned in other posts but I wouldnt let that put me off as the hotel overall was excellent and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
New Plymouth, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

A very warm welcome was waiting for my husband & I at the U Inchantree. It is truly a lovely hotel with a fabulous setting. We stayed for 2 nights enjoying the peace & tranquillity. our room was small which necessitated putting a suitcase on the floor which made access around the bed a little difficult but as we spent our days out & about it didn't matter too much. The bathroom had the most exquisitely fragrant toiletries for your use. Dinning in Peppers restaurant was very romantic with it's delicious food & 'to die for' view of the river.
The manageress & her staff are most obliging and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay....and YES we'd go back & stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Oelegem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very nice and quiet location, just outside Kanchanaburi town, in walking distance from River Kwai bridge. Beautifull views on the river and bridge from the open air bar and restaurant.
Very attentive and helpfull staff and very good food. Rooms and bathrooms are too small, limited access to beds and nearly no storage space for suitcases, although has some tastefull decorations. Open air restaurant rather small and unpleasantly lit at night with fluorescent lamps.

Room Tip: Only 2 suites available.