“How can anybody complain about the hotel's location is bizarre!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mida Resort Kanchanaburi

You added Mida Resort Kanchanaburi to your Saves list
Mida Resort Kanchanaburi
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   199 Moo 2,Ladya-Sri Sawad Road, Kanchanaburi 71190, Thailand   |
Ranked #21 of 69 Hotels in Kanchanaburi
bangkok
“How can anybody complain about the hotel's location is bizarre!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is to the person commenting on the hotels location. How can anybody complain about the hotel's location is bizarre! It's in a gorgeous river vallay setting. I could sit by the river all day it's so peaceful and beautiful.

Room Tip: The normal hotel rooms are not very sound-proofed, so stay in one of the Villas if you can afford it...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Thai first
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Mida Resort is far away from the town, it's about 45 minutes traveled on the songthew, we paid 300bahts one way from the bus station. It is in a nice area close to the river. The resort is peaceful and quiet, the swimming is nice. We had lunch at the restaurant which was about the price we paid outside( but extra VAT and service was added) fair enough they are hotel. Breakfast is ok. Staff were attentive.

Our superior room was large than average in town. Bathroom has a bath and an outside shower.

At the lobby there's two free computer to use.

We had a walk around the resort, we enjoyed the swing by the riverside, we went up the tower and took some good pictures of the environment, we didn't go to the Erawan waterfalls, we enjoyed doing nothing and also had a good time playing with the dog( perhaps belongs to the hotel?)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

This hotel is by far the worst I have stayed in, in a very very long time.
I am writing this as I am sitting at the bar where I have waited for a menu for the past 20 minutes (with 4 waiters standing around) and now that I have the menu (7 minutes ago) I am waiting for someone to take my order!!!
Ok firstly arrive at the hotel, costs about 700 baht from the centre of town by taxi, about 30 km.
After checking in (which the receptionist kindly told me it was abnormal for a girl to travel on her own) they take to my room via golf cart, which initially i thought was very nice but soon realised it wasdefinitely not a good thing.
The room, well I booked a suite, and well it was a suite but a dated old one that smelt very stale.
I decide this will have to do as I was late for a tour, so quickly got the laundry bag and called reception to ask for my laundry to be picked up, I was again kindly told by the same receptionist to bring my laundry to the reception in the bag provided.....most suprising as even the hostel I stayed in Bangkok provided door service!!!
Anyways after getting lost (due to lack of signage and distance from my room to the hote reception) I finally got there FIFTEEN minutes later!!
I then asked if I could hire a scooter (as it would be too expensive) to go back and forth, and they mentioned that I had to go back to downtown to pick one up. Again because of time restraints I ended up getting a hotel taxi (800 baht) hoping I can get to downtown and pick up my scooter and go to my tour. I made sure I told the receptionist to let the driver know to drop me off at a place I could hire a scooter.
He dropped me off at the bus station!!! He did not speak any English and when I found someone to translate he still didn't know where I could get one.
Anyways after pretty much dealing with everything myself I have just got back to the hotel (in my tented scooter) and asked the guy at the check in desk about the wifi, and why is it not available in my room when earlier on the receptionist told me I have it (and also one of the reasons why I booked the hotel). Anyways he didn't speak any English and thus mno wifi in room.
DONT BOOK THIS HOTEL IT REALLY IS THE WORSE
ABSOLUTELY NO VALUE FOR MONEY,
Considering I have a friend who is staying in a HOSTEL in the centre, paying 200 baht, which gives him his own bungalow by the river and wifi in his room.
I am absolutely disgusted!!!

Finally one last thing to add....... They have yet to take my order!!!! Currently now 3 people behind the bar laughing and doing nothing

• Stayed July 2011
Superior, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

We stayed here during Songkran 2011. The hotel was reasonably full it seemed. We were warmly welcomed at the parking when we stopped our car. Staff accompanied us to the check-in counter. After a quick check-in we were brought to our room by golf cart. All was very efficient and friendly.
The rooms were ok. Not the most modern we had seen. For our one night stay they absolutely were good enough. A longer stay wouldn't be a problem either. I do think think they could have added one chair (we had only one). Also a few spots on the wall (corners) saw some paint coming loose. The rooms were clean.
The outside of the building was very well maintained it seemed.
We selected a river view room. This does mean that between the trees you can see the river. The building is not direclty next to the river. But the space between the buildings and room was a well maintained green garden area. For the river view we had to pay a bit more than the garden view. The difference was THB 300 per night.
During Songkran they had organized a dinner buffet. It consisted mostly of Thai food which I was very pleased with. The restaurant and bar area are actually beautiful. Also the souvenir shop was a real beauty. The only disappointing part was that the Spa was not open as indicated. I am not sure if it is closed permanently. If you like to use a spa, ask them first before going.
For recreation there are all kind of activities from the large swimming pool to the rental of ATV's or rafting on the river.

Room Tip: Consider the pool villa.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Pijnacker, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Excellent hotel with spacy rooms immediately adjacent to swimming pool. Situateed in beautiful surroundings, and the hotel has a very nice hotel / bar.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

I recently spent there 8 nights.

The place is full of beautiful scenery, big and you can walk to the river. The resort is peaceful and tranquil, plenty of photo opportunities, there is a big pool as well, not deep, and one can catch a sun next to it. They have a restaurant with surprisingly reasonable prices for lunch and dinner. I do not think that there was something more expensive than 250 baht, excluding customary Thai rip off of extra 17.7% for VAT and service, which you do not see in cheaper restaurants for local folks. There was the same menu every day, Western and Thai food, for lunch and dinner, so you should not expect a huge food diversity. I passionately recommend a local fish dish called "Par Rak Kaou Tod" (80 baht + 17.7%) - it is bunch of tasty little fish that look like tiny dragons, in cute different forms. And their Pad Thai is the best I ever tasted, which depends on personal taste, of course.

Their breakfast is called American and I do not know why. Every day you eat the same food, with slight changes to both directions. I was seeing eggs, omelets, sausages, potatoes, pancakes with different syrups, rice soup, noodles, chicken soup, 3 kinds of jam, 3 kinds of cereals, bread, tiny buns, toaster, corn, tomatoes, salad, sliced onions, cucumbers, carrots, watermelons, pineapples, guava juice, orange juice, apply juice, milk, tea and coffee.

Our room was of reasonable size, the TV set had an English movie channel, inside the room there were safe, refrigerator, minibar and umbrella. The room had both a deep bath tube and a separate shower. The shower cabin was built outside the room and did not have a roof. There are slanting slits in its walls so that if you are inside the cabin then you can kind of see people outside, but they cannot see you. Each party can hear another one. The resort provides free bath gel, shampoo and some other toiletries along with 2 complimentary half liter water bottles daily.

The staff moderately speaks English. My opinion is they understand more than they want to show. The underlings are severely small minded and pettily greedy that might be annoying for Western customer. They do not aim to please, softly speaking. The managers, conversely, demonstrate remarkable service-oriented attitude and are great people to deal with. I recommend being assertive with former (in order not to explode from anger afterwards) and polite with latter (in order to get what you need).

They have severe problems with wireless Internet, so expect you will not be able to use your laptop in your room. They have 2 desktops in the lobby, which also use wireless Internet, but are usually reliable. If you feel you cannot live without Internet next to your bad - simply ask to talk with General Manager, her name is Sommai Srisonti and she is a wonderful human being. She solved my Internet problems very good.

They have pool villas, which are secluded houses consisting of bigger room with extra chairs, crib, plazma TV, DVD player, free blue-ray disks to watch, Thai magazines to read, big refrigerator, kitchenette, bigger bath room and private pool, accompanied by jacuzzi. If you can afford 4000 - 5000 baht/night - book it!

The resort is located behind a wall, in rural area, next to some strange settlements, which abound with houses, but seem to be short on people. It is 36 km along the very, very long road, from Kanchanaburi center. Between the resort and Kanchanaburi, accurately in the middle, lies another town, Lat Ya. We had our own car, so it was not a problem for us. If you do not have a transport - it will be a problem for you, because they charge 700 baht to bring you to the city in their minivan. On the positive side, they are closer to Erawan waterfalls. A few times I saw buses running on the road, but I do not know what is their frequency, where they stop and how much they cost.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
zoe17
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I had the dubious pleasure of spending two nights at this resort in separate lodgings due to the resort's overbooking issue. The first night was in a cabin, or more like two very old cabins put together with a bathroom attached. Fortunately it had AC, but it cooled only the bedroom, not the entry way. One sink had a leaky pipe and the little insects there made me keep my bags zipped up.

The second night was in the hotel proper, and the room was so flimsily constructed that I heard noise and smelled cigarette smoke from the room next door, mostly through a closed connecting door. Additionally, there was a sliding glass door in the room that did not lock.

The hotel food was probably the worst hotel food I had in Thailand, both for breakfast and dinner.

There are lots of better lodging choices in the area.

• Stayed December 2010

Been to Mida Resort Kanchanaburi? Share your experiences!