“Budget accommodation in a good location” 2 of 5 stars

You added Hua Hin Paradise Guest House to your Saves list
Hua Hin Paradise Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   45/8-9 Dechanuchit Road, Hua Hin, Thailand   |
Ranked #140 of 239 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
“Budget accommodation in a good location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The best thing about this guesthouse is the location, very central for those who like to stay in a central location like myself, only minutes walk from the beach, night market and entertainment district.
The building is a strange design, tall and cylindrical, consequently you can look out of the room from both sides and view the outside world. The rooms are situated on a west- east orientation, so with windows on both sides the sun blasts into the rooms at sunrise and sunset from opposite directions. This was a negative point for me, the late afternoon sun was ok but I wasn't keen on the early morning sun shining in the room at 6am in the morning. The rooms are reasonable and the bathrooms are quite spacious.
The hotel has a lobby and an outdoor patio on the first floor facing out onto the street with seating and tables. The problem is, the staff are maudlin and unwelcoming so one doesn't feel the inclination to be around them. After a few minutes of lounging on the patio I began to feel like an intruder and beat a hasty retreat. The bathrooms have a built in soap and shampoo dispensers installed but the soap dispenser was empty and there was only a tiny bit of shampoo in the shampoo dispenser so take your own soap if you do decide to stay here.
I only stopped one night but the next morning I have numerous sizeable bites and welts on my torso. This could have been a mosquito or it could have been bedbugs, so I'll reserve judgement, but my partner was unaffected so a mosquito was the most likely cause.
In my opinion this guesthouse is very average but bearing in mind it's budget accommodation one can't expect too much. It would have been better if the staff were friendlier, don't expect too many smiles if you choose to stay here. There's better options in the same price bracket in Hua Hin but there's also worse ones.

• Stayed October 2012

Families
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I booked this hotel by telephone having stayed there before. When my partner and my baby arrived, there was confusion on their part about the booking despite the fact that I confirmed on the day of arrival.
We were allocated a small miserable room which would have sufficed for one of the two nights booked. However, the security guard came to the room after one hour and said that we had to move. I spoke with the owner on the telephone explaining that our daughter was already asleep - I received nothing but abuse, foul manners and told that someone else was coming to take the room. We refused to move saying that is was no fault of ours that they double booked and that they had freely given us the keys. To avoid any unnecessary problems, we checked out the following morning.
Clearly the owner of this guest house cares little about guest relations as her manner is offensive and offhand. Add to this that the sheets were stained, walls filthy and had a non-draining sink all lead to an un pleasant stay in this grubby little downtown over priced establishment - one to be avoided for sure.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hua Hin Paradise Guest House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hua Hin Paradise Guest House

Address: 45/8-9 Dechanuchit Road, Hua Hin, Thailand
Location: Thailand > Prachuap Khiri Khan Province > Hua Hin
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Airport Transportation
Ranked #140 of 239 B&Bs / Inns in Hua Hin
Hotel Class:3 star — Hua Hin Paradise Guest House 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hua Hin Paradise Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hua Hin Paradise Guest House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.