“OK for the money” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 131 Hotels in Hua Hin
Bangkok, Thailand
“OK for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Hotel consists of three buildings. I stayed in building three where the front rooms have a pleasant view. The rooms at the back where my room was have no view at all only that of the adjacent building a few metres away from the tiny balcony. The room appeared to have been recently modernised to a good standard. A raised wooden platform extended across most of the length of the room on which the mattress was situated which may cause problems for the elderly or infirm to negotiate. Both mattress and pillow were on the hard side. No tea or coffee making facilities. Two rather small but clean pools. I paid 1040 baht room only special deal with Agoda. The hotel's own off season website rate was 1900 baht including breakfast, less of a bargain. Room quiet, overall no problems. American breakfast expensive at 250 baht. Better value outside.

Room Tip: If you stay in building three ask for a front room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

If you're looking for an airconditioned room, a pool and a hotel near everything, then this place is OK. The staff aren't that friendly and you feel slightly invisible when you're there but that doesn't matter when you spend most of your time outside. Rooms were clean and the pool bar is a good touch, not bad for 25 quid a night. Have breakfast at the EU Bakery just opposite - we may even stay there next time as the rooms looked cheaper. Also, the staff won't even know if you're a guest or not if you want to use the pool at Tanawit!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cannock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed at Tanawit Hotel from 7->11 September 2011, also I stayed in 2008 but this is my first review. I was rather disturbed to read recent negative reviews on this site but I still chose to book in here due to my previous experiences. Fortunately my instincts were proved correct as I mainly have only good things to post.

The staff were friendly and efficient, the room was large with everything working. No problem with hot water although I thought the TV had little or nothing worth watching (for a foreigner). In room wi-fi is not available, only in reception, I think this needs upgrading. I didn't use the swimming pool but it looked perfectly in order likewise I can't comment on the free breakfast as it finished too early for me (10am)

The hotel does seem "geared" to Thai weekend visitors but I certainly would recommend the Tanawit to Thai or farang alike and was certainly value for money. I only saw one room during my stay but I find it difficult to understand the previous negative reviews, my experience was that I made a good choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a better view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
UK England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We liked the location of the Tanawit Hotel which was central to the places we wanted to go to, to eat ect.

This hotel however lives on photos taken many years ago. We booked because pictures on various websites gave the impression that the hotel is 'like new'. It is not!

The lift areas, the pool, the interior decor all now let this hotel down and it's badly in need of a revamp to bring it back to when it probably was a nice hotel.

Good side - all of the staff were helpful to us at all times and nothing was too much effort for them. This made our stay that much better and we were inclined to ignore the faults to some degree.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Vasteras, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Starting whit first problem:
First nigt and in an ned of a shower and there where no hot water complaind in the reception and they sead they would have it fixe the next day, when I left to go home it was still not fixed.
Around the bathtub and tiles there where mould and some times there wher no shampo for a day ore to.
I did order food from the restaurant at 2 different ocations first time clubsandwitch a 160bath and it was 3 smal pices. Second time I orderd fried rice whit chiken and the chiken was raw whit blood poring out as I cut tru it.
During night tim it was fun... I dont knove if it was the refridgerator ore arcondition in another room but all off a sudden I could wake up becouse the bed was chaking.
And the pool site was just a joke no real service, hard for those that where disabel to get to, sunbeds in poor condition and it would be fun and nice if they whould have used some paint in som places. I have been traveling thru easten Europe befor and stayed at youthostels and gesthouses that have had better standard than this

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

Rooms were very uncomfortable and dirty, and small balcony looked like it had not been cleaned for years. Also hallways were in a poor condition with cracks on the walls, paint falling off etc. They advertise free wi-fi but in our room signal was too weak to use it, at the reception they just told us to come to lobby if we need to use the internet. Breakfast was poor. We were so disappointed that we switched to another hotel that was about the same price and that was awesome compared to Tanawit. Tanawit seems to be mostly populated by people on a package tour but if you are booking independently better avoid this one.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

The reviews of this property gave me confidence to book it. How wrong could I be. The place was a dump. So bad in fact that having booked and paid for two nights were check out without staying one. Our room on the 3rd floor overlooked the back yard of the domestic residence next door. The yard was a dump. The bed was hard and the bathroom had a bath and an inadequate hand shower. We had booked a superior room. On enquiring this is the base level room and the one we were allocated would not make the 3 star grade claimed on the web. All in all a dump that travellers should be wary of. When challenged about the misrepresentation of a superior room the staff made no attempt to offer an upgrade (for which we would have paid). The pool while sunny lacked character. There are many better options in Hua Hin. We moved to White Sands.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Tanawit Condotel? Share your experiences!