“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 131 Hotels in Hua Hin
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

A new hotel well situated for all of the areas we needed during during our stay in Hua Hin. We found the hotel immaculately clean, the pool was superb and a team of staff that were extremely approachable and helpful. Our rooms were fitted out to a very high standard and the breakfast offered a good range of Thai and European options.

This was our first visit to Thailand and we were a little unsure of how the transport worked, so the Manager arranged for the owner to take us to our destination. I'm not sure I'll ever come across this level of customer care again!

At the end of stay the Manager asked us for our feedback to learn how they could improve their services, and to be honest I couldn't really find anything other than the showers didn't drain very quickly and that they hadn't set up the PDQ for the Visa payments yet. Other than that, I would say this is a superb hotel for those wanting quality accommodation and great service.

Room Tip: Pool view is quieter as the sea views do overlook the main road. The road noise is not noticeable t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Brand new hotel/resort in Hua Hin so it looked the part upon check in. However, had my passport stolen from my room! I then received zero help, zero understanding and absolutely no apology from the management upon discovery that it was missing despite the obvious fact that one of the staff was most likely the culprit. They also had yet to set up their credit card machine which meant any money owed was to be paid in cash. It might have been good if they had mentioned this upon check in since the nearest ATM was miles away. No fresh towels delivered either and the room was also not cleaned for 24 hours despite the fact I was out of the room for the entire day period. Air conditioning was also faulty which meant sleeping in about 30 degree temps. Nightmare!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thitik0rnL, General Manager at Ayrest Hua Hin Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
First of all, I would like again to personally apologize to Mr. Jock T for some unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we make mistakes. I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.

As we discussed and agreed on the phone, there were two things that were not true.

- First, it had been misunderstood that your passport was stolen by our staffs from the hotel room. After you left the hotel we got a phone call from someone you met in Hua Hin who claimed to have your passport. I have passed the contact phone number to Mr. Jock T.
- Second, the air conditioning has never been faulty. Right after the temperature adjusting, the shown number will be automatically switched back to the room temperature. It, then, might be true at "30" because the thermometer is hidden in the ceiling for for cosmetic issue.

After Mr. Jock T and I discussed about these problems, Mr. Jock T would will to change the review based on my help. Unfortunately, he could not find the way to change it. Then, I contacted tripadvisor representative to pass the quickest link to change the review. The link was sent to Mr. Jock T by SMS from my phone. It appeared that my message was sent to him too late. He sent me SMS saying that he will stop trying. That is why I am writing the message here to protect our Ayrest Hotel from being misunderstood.

If anyone should have any questions, I would like to invite you to contact me at +66 32 522 777 or thitikorn@ayresthotel.com

Regards,
Thitikorn Losiriluk
Ayrest Hotel Management

Been to Ayrest Hua Hin Hotel? Share your experiences!