“Nice guest house in a good Hua Hin Location” 4 of 5 stars

Victor Guesthouse
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   60 Naret damri road, Hua Hin 77110, Thailand   |
Ranked #7 of 248 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Bendigo, Australia
“Nice guest house in a good Hua Hin Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at Victor guest house for 5 nights and found it very good, the staff are helpful, the rooms are large and clean and the location is great.
They arranged airport transfer by taxi for me from Bangkok to Hua Hin at a very reasonable price and when I arrived I did have a little trouble initially finding my driver so I called Victor guest house just to check that I was looking at the correct airport area for the driver (which I was) but the guest house said if I still could not locate him in the next 10 minutes then just crab a cab from the public taxi rank and they would pay the difference which I thought was a very nice offer.
I did find my driver soon after and the problem was that he did not have my name on the sign he was holding, just the destination but in the end it was all good and I got there OK.

The location is quite good being basically across the street from the beach / pier area and easy walking distance to lots of restaurants and bars yet in an area just on the edge of the night life so that it is fairly quiet.
I also had some laundry done by the guest house and the prices were very reasonable.

Victor guest house is associated with a couple of other guest houses close by so ask about what other accommodation options and they have breakfast available at their sister Guest house next door.

If you are looking for some decent reasonably priced accommodation close to the Hua Hin beach and night life this would be a good option.

Room Tip: Ask what room options there are as they have several types at Victors as well as sister guest houses...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I'm surprised no one mentioned about it. cant imagine it was only in our room (room 14) we booked a fan room but were offered an aircon one without need paying more. very nice i thought. I discovered the room wasnt clean. dust everywhere even on the glasses they provide. i didnt care because the rest was ok. with tv and dvd player and a closet to put stuff in. the first night we went to bed we discovered a lot of old bloodstains on the matrasscover they covered with the topsheet so we didnt notice before. the second night in a coincidence i discovered little bugs in the sheets. i never have had bedbugs before so i didnt know anything about these creatures. there were a few of them on the sheets so we slept without the sheets. we didnt pay much attention to it because we had to leave early to join a daytour next morning. The third night we woke up, feeling very itchy over our body. we switched on the light and there were a lot of these walking bugs. if you kill them they leave quite a big stain. naive as we were : not knowig that this was really bad. we tried to get rid of them with the intention to sleep further because we have to wake up again early in the morning to catch the bus to koh tao. and when we finally thought the bed was ok then we discovered that there were a lot of them walking UNDER the mattrasscover! horrified we got out of bed stayed awake for the rest of the night and checked out early in the morning. these bedbugs seem to appear only at nighttime walking around and at 5am they were all gone. like it never happened. We told the guy at tge reception( who was also the nightguard)about it. he didnt seem surprised, not sure what they are going to do about it. now im writing this in the night in the next hotel because i cant catch sleep.since im covered with a lot of bedbugbites and they itch so badly. I think it s so wrong and mean of them to let people stay in this room. and I really regret I stayed there.
the location is perfect indeed and also the price. but the friendliness where everyone is talking abouti didnt really discover in the nightguard or the lady who seems to be the wife of the owner. i wish i had the chance to tell her about the bedbugs.

• Stayed March 2013
Cornwall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great location for shopping, restaurants , and the beach. No taxis needed. All within walking distance. Access to another guesthouse to eat breakfast in the morning over looking the sea. That is the good.

The bad........ Smelly drains, bathrooms that don't drain the water after showering, dirty bathroom doors, doors that don't fit, allowing guests to see into your room, as well as letting in Mosquitos. Paper thin walls, small rooms, and looking tired and dated.

If you are on a budget, I would recommend here. As said before the location is great.

The bad points are standard for low priced rooms such as this in Thailand. Again, the location is excellent. But if you can afford more, I would recommend to look elsewhere.

Good and bad, leaves for an average rating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The best thing about this guesthouse is the location (just a 10 minute walk to the beach). The rooms were a bit overpriced, and the staff were indifferent. If I return to Hua Hin, I'd probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We arrived as a group of 3 in the middle of the night and had to stay somewhere else for one night as Victor's was fully booked but came back the next day as we knew it was the cheapest option available and centrally located. We booked in to two fan rooms upstairs which had a real vintage, rustic feel with wood finish and silk bedsheets, and a slightly less vintage feel with dvd players in every room and a large selection of dvds at reception! Waking up in the morning, Victor's don't offer food but their sister guesthouse (opposite) do a phenomenal breakfast on a terrace looking out over the Gulf of Thailand, well worth the money for the view alone!
When my two friends left for pastures new, the owner and staff took it upon themselves to look after me and introduce me to the local delicacies, inviting me for dinner, translating for me in the post office and taking me to restaurants I would not have otherwise found. Great value for money in what is an expensive town in Thailand (this is without mentioning that the beach is less than a 5 minute walk away!). Would obviously highly recommend!

Room Tip: Worth splashing out a little bit extra on air conditioning if you're coming from Europe!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stumbled upon this great little guesthouse by walking around Hua hin.
After viewing the rooms we moved from our guesthouse we were staying in.
Victor house is great value for money, suitable for all ages, in quite courtyard yet in the middle of all requirements Food nightlife fishing beach or just chilling, all on the door step.
Staff speak good english as does the french owner.Very helpful on trips etc without being pushy.

Room Tip: all rooms are quite and excellent value.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I was a Walk In customer, had not pre booked. To a 450 baht room. Lovely and clean with a teak wood finish & silk bed linen. Shared bathroom. Tv air con and fan. Extremely central for beach bars and restaurants. Highly recommend

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Victor Guesthouse? Share your experiences!