“Nice to go back to Anantara!” 5 of 5 stars

Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   43 / 1 Phetkasem Road, Hua Hin 77110, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 20% off!
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Hua Hin
4.5 of 5 stars 847 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice to go back to Anantara!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We had not been back to Anantara for over 6 years but it still is my favorite hotel in Hua Hin. The gardens are lush and beautiful, the breakfast staffs are attentive, the lagoon view rooms are large and have great views.
The shower mixer was a bit stiff and I told the staff. Hopefully that will get fixed.
Nice big pool with a large "kid friendly" part so we spent hours throwing the kids around.
Very nice band in the bar upstairs and a decent wine list. Service could have been a bit faster but the drinks were good.
Like many hotels in Hua Hin, there is not much of a beach at high tide but the hotel has long chairs in the garden by the sea and there is a sandy area for kids to play.

• Stayed October 2013
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Thierry C,

Warm greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

Above all, it was very nice meeting you, your lovely wife and family, and I do thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about the Anantara Hua Hin and its wonderful Team.

I am glad to read that after being away for 6 years we still remain your favorite hotel in Hua Hin!

I am also grateful for all the detailled comments, these will assist us in continuously improving ourselves and to provide our guests an unforgettable Anantara experience.

Once again thank you, the Team and I are looking very much forward to welcoming you and your family once again in the very near future.

Thomas Barguil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The layout and location of the resort was excellent, close to town center but very secluded and with a quiet stretch of the beach. Walking along the beach you can reach seafood restaurants, the palace.
But once you have check-in, you wouldn't want to venture out. The whole resort has everything you need for a relaxing weekend - good restaurant and bar, many swimming pools, sandy beach, spa and a small library.
The breakfast spread was excellent with good selection. Recommend the in-house restaurant as they serve good italian fusion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear TW N,

Greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa,

The team and I would like to thank you for your very nice comments about our property and services.

We are glad to read that we have contributed to make your stay a enjoyable experience and we are looking very much forward to welcoming you in the very near future.

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a beautiful resort to stay. Gardens were magnificent. Make sure you have a long walk around to see the full beauty of all the gardens, The resort is huge with many different types of accommodation. Staff were very friendly and helpful, allowing us to look at a couple of rooms to choose from. We had a connecting room which was very helpful for families. A special thank you to Alex for assisting us. Apart from sharing a bed with my daughter and my sister sharing a bed next door with her daughter the rooms were very roomy, comfortable, very clean and all facilities required for a fantastic stay. The pool was amazing as was the breakfast that was different each day of our stay. We especially liked the Happy Hour each day where you could get 2 for 1 drinks. Staff were extremely helpful to my mother who used a wheelchair to get to the foyer when travelling into town. We found it cheaper to get the staff to ring a taxi for us to go into town-200BT each way as there were 5 of us. Food was expensive at the resort so we ate in town each day. There are no restaurants outside the resort either-Only a convenience shop across the road. We had a fabulous and relaxing holiday at the resort. Would recommend it to anyone and would definitely come and stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Dianne M,

Warm greetings from the Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa!

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you took to write such a nice report on Trip Advisor.

We were all very pleased to welcome you all for this very special occasion and to contribute making your stay a most enjoyable experience.

I am especially glad to read that you have enjoyed our beautiful and unique gardens - I would like to share with you that our gardens are the creation of globally acclaimed land scape designer Bill Bensley who describes the results as "biologically interesting by making five distinct sub-gardens; the white garden, the heliconia garden, the red garden, the palm garden and the yellow garden”.

Once again, many thanks for your wonderful comments,

Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future,

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Anantara Hua Hin is excellent service, good rooms, great value for money and well managed.

The first thing which is evident in this property is the smiles of the people.
I recently stayed at the property and was really pleased with the experience.

The check in was handled swiftly and efficiently. The room was spacious, well kept and smelled wonderful.

The breakfast is just heavenly!!!

Poolside is one place where we spent most of our time and was wonderful. Thank you! The pool team for looking after us and making our stay memorable.

The hotel seems full but the team never lost their smile and make our every wish come true. KUDOS

A big thank you to Mr. Barguil and his super efficient team….
You really made this trip all worth it!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear UV,

What a great review ! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such positive comments which I have shared this morning with our wonderful team.

I am glad to read that we have contributed to make your stay an unforgettable experience and if I do recall well our conversation by the pool side it is indeed the little details and the genuine warmth of our team that make the difference.

Once again, thank you, the team and I are very much looking forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.

With warm regards,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel is in a beautiful campus with marvelous gardens and coastline. The lobby and bars are extremely well designed and feels like a temple. Overall it would be a five star experience but the rooms weren't as nice as you'd expect for such a hotel. It's a bit pricey and for that you'd expect top quality throughout.

Stayed October 2013
Dear cslovell,

Warm regards from the Anantara Hua Hin!

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor.

I am very glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Concerning your comment about the Rom you were staying in, I am pleased to say that the few remaining rooms which had not been soft refurbished lately, will be within next year.

Once again, thank you and I am looking very much forward to welcoming you in the near future at the Anantara Hua Hin.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Five of us stayed for five days in connecting rooms. Very nice hotel.
Positives :
The most amazing breakfast I have ever seen. Every day the hot food was different. Huge spread and definately not for those who are dieting :)
The Bellboys were very good and very friendly. Helped us all the time to get taxis and helped with our 85 y/o mother.
Alex the bird kept us entertained and had his say at breakfast every morning. :) I would like to see tho a different stand he can sit on. He was trying to splash water over himself as it was hot with not much luck.
The pool was lovely and not freezing like most pools in Thailand.
As a cat lover I was happy to see some cats around the hotel that caused no trouble for anyone .
Towels were freely available at the pool without having to show room numbers and keys.
Hotels distance from Hua Hin center was not much hassle as Taxis available for 200 baht for the five of us.
Free WiFi in lobby was handy.
Happy Hour two drinks for the price of one was good in the afternoon.

Negatives:
We were given a king bed to share. Really? For three adult ladies? No room even to put a rollaway. Swapped rooms with my sister and shared a large single bed with my daughter. I paid for a triple room with three beds. Not very comfortable at all.
Everyday we were given only two towels for three people. Two nights they were replaced so we managed.
One afternoon we were enjoying Happy Hour at the pool and a group of men took a swim. They decided all to spit into the garden beside the pool at intervals right in front of us. Management need to put a sign around pool in different languages not to spit.
The mosquitos are so bad due to the gardens. Whilst the gardens around the rooms are lovely and provide privacy for the balconies they are useless cause you cant actually sit on your balcony without getting eaten alive. They need a good trimming.
$12 for two cans of coke around the swimming pool is rediculous even if at a 5star hotel. Especially when they sell them at a supermarket for 50 cents. We would have purchased more if they were reasonably priced. I wont mention the prices of the mini bar!
There is nothing around the hotel and the nearest 7/11 is across the busy main street.
Hotel is not elderly or wheelchair friendly. Altho they did provide a wheelchair for our mother we had to use a side path that was dark at night. There was no wheelchair access from our room to the breakfast area.
You can hear people walking in the room above you...

Room Tip: If you can choose a room on the top of the bungalows.. they would be much quieter and you may be abl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Beezely,

Warm greetings from Anantara Hua Hin !

First of all, I would like to sincerely thank you for the time you took to write such detailled positive comments.

I will most definitely communicate your kind words to the Kitchen Team as well as to both Alex our Experience Guru and to Alex the Bird (i am sure that he will understand !).

Thank you also for bringing to my attention the issues you have experienced with the triple shared accommodation, our "not so well behaved" other customers and some of our beverage prices.

I have reviewed these with the Team and rest assure that we are taking some necessary steps to correct them.

l am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was our second stay at this property, after a lapse of 5 years. I have to commend the management for having done a good job. In fact, we felt that the service rendered this time round is even better than the last.

Positives of the property :
Most of the staff can speak English
All the staff are friendly and ready to serve, especially those from F & B. This was most evident at breakfast. The restaurant was packed to the brim. And yet, you have never seen the staff lose that smile. All the staff, regardless of rank, believed one or two of them were managerial or higher position, also partook actively in clearing n serving the guests. Thumbs up for the unity witnessed among the team!
The buffet breakfast was heavenly. I have never spent so much time enjoying my food except here. 5 years ago, this was the meal that impressed me too. And I am so glad that it has lived up to its expectations, in fact, it has surpassed itself. What impresses me now is the greater diversity and spread of the food. I always look forward to this meal.
Happy hour at the pool was another plus of the resort. The serving staff was ever ready to let you know of the one for one offer. On one occasion, the pool was filled with people and the staff were overwhelmed with orders. But they never forget their smile and patience. One of the staff kept apologizing to us for her lack of service. We reassured her she is just doing great.

One area that we feel the resort can improve upon would be the shower. They have yet to upgrade to a better and more powerful shower heads, which would otherwise been a perfect resort for us.

Kudos to the management and all the staff for delivering such a wonderful service to make our stay a very pleasant and enjoyable one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas B, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Frangi313,

Warm greetings from Anantara Hua Hin!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such positive comments on Trip Advisor.

The Team and I were very pleased to read that our efforts are rewarded by the fact that you did enjoy our resort, its services, its People and more importantly that you brought home a wonderful Anantara experience!

We look very much forward to welcoming you in the near future,

With warm regards,

Thomas Barguil

Been to Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!