“A few issues need addressing but nice” 4 of 5 stars

Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   43 / 1 Phetkasem Road, Hua Hin 77110, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 20% off!
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Hua Hin
4.5 of 5 stars 849 Reviews
London
“A few issues need addressing but nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here for eight days and have enjoyed our stay. We had a warm welcome after our near 3 hour transfer from Bangkok, lovely cold towels and a welcome drink. The staff at the hotel are positive and deliver excellent customer service. From June who served us breakfast, Jane who gave some of the history of Thailand, Fon who is lovely.
We paid to upgrade at £65 per night, for that you get al a carte breakfast in the Rim Ram restaurant, your room or on the beach if you wish. Daily yoga lessons with Thida which was great and a good laugh. Also in included in the upgrade is a very useful shuttle bus into town. The upgraded rooms are really nice, but do have lots of mosquito spray for the evening. You have the relaxation area with a small pool over looking the lagoon which is breath taking. Afternoon tea is also served here between 4 and 5 with snacks and beverages.
The Hotel is a bit out of town about 3km, so you really need the hotel shuttle or a taxi. The beach is disappointing and is only the width of the hotel and you can't walk any further. The gardens and grounds of the hotel are stunning all well kept and clean. Lots of palm trees ponds and colourful flowers, bushes.
Food and drinks are really expensive a can of small lager is in room 220 Bart in pounds £4.58 wine is very expensive in Thailand as there is a large tax a bottle in the supermarket start from £12 and in the hotel £30, 500 metres away across the busy road you can use the local bars and a beer is £1. We used the shuttle bus to have dinner in town where you can get good food in thai restaurant for £8 per person. The last thing there is a lack of daily entertainment and because the happy hour has finished hardly anyone uses the bars.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear markridler,

Thank you for a very details review of your stay and for sharing with us.

I am happy to read that we have made up to your expectation in many areas, you have said everything from the time of arrive till the time you spend in resort and a nice comment toward some of our staff and I am sure they will be happy to receive a positive comment from you. I am glad to hear that you have took the right choice to stay in our lagoon room and you enjoy the yoga class, seems that you have been spending a quality time here.

Thank you for your comment regarding food and beverage price, I would like to inform that hotel pricing are normally set up higher than the outside restaurant due to the cost of training, hygine and cleanliness requirement as to ensure that our guest will only receive a top class service. However, our pricing is in line with other hotels in the same area.

Once again, thank you for letting us know the feedback of your stay as it is enable us to continue to improve and able to offer a special service to our guest where Anantara brand has became renowned.

We hope you will have another chance to visit us again in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.

Yours incerely,

Naowarat Arunkong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Cedar Hill, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was a Marriott property until summer 2012 so has alot of the Marriott "look". Grounds are beautiful and very tropical. Rooms are ok size wise but bathrooms could use an update in decor, tiles, and lighting. Breakfast selection quite good.. everything from Asian ( chinese , Thai, Japanese) to Western ( e.g British style or European). Location is a bit inconvenient from town. You must arrange departure times and arrival time with front desk for van shuttle. Current rate is 100 baht each way which was a bit irksome we thought and you are limited to the times available Wifi charge but free in lobby. Tuk Tuks can be found but you must walk out to road... quite a jaunt.Beds are a bit hard from Western view but very common in Asia as we have found. staff exremely welcoming and friendly, especialy Dawan.
We had a great time in spite of relentless unseasonal rain all day every day. We did get a bit stir crazy and decided to leave a day early to go back to Bangkok as we would have other things to do there rain or no rain.

Room Tip: Location of rooms at any price range seem to be ok. Not sure if an "upgrade" is worth the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear amyg123,

Thank you for having taken some of your time to post a comment of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your holiday.

I am happy to read that you like our garden, landscape and a selection of breakfast and to see that you had a great time here, thank you for your comment regarding staff service in particular Khun Dawan and I have passed your comment to the team as this could help us to motivate the team to do even better job in the future.

I am sorry to hear that you found we are a bit out of town which actually its only take us 10 minute to Hua Hin market and in the other way round we are more in the private area which somehow can be good to relax as well.

I would like to inform you that this property has never been Marriott, the Marriott property which has closed down in July located in the other side of Hua Hin, this property was changed from Royal Garden Village to Anantara as of 2001.

I do hope you will have a chance to visit us again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

we spent there a week in November 2012 for GOLFING vacation. This is good and recommendable, because they could arrange all the tee times and services at competitive price and the location is very central. so all golf courses could be reached within 30 min.

PROS
- nice rooms
- super breakfast
- good service/ very nice people expecially Alex the guest entertainer
- good "Euro-Asia-guest-mix" (50% europeans; 50% Asia from Thailand, Japan
- excellent food also in the restaurants (2 x per week an event like Thai Buffet or
seefood buffet)

OK
- transfer possibilities to night market
- pool area
- bathrooms rather small
- on saturday they have usually asian weddings, nice to watch but also little bit annoying

CONS
- NO beach when high tide; otherwise small and not attractive at all (obviously the erosion by water was very strong in the last years)
- no sundown as the HUA HIN beach is east-direction and the pool has too many palms. so at 17.00 the sun is gone
- no massage in the pool garden area allowed. The hotel obviously banned the locals from the hotel ground to sell their spa (5000 Baht- ridicilous) I missed a nice foot massage for 400 Baht in the hotel garden

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Katharina S,

Thank you for taken some of your valuable time to share a comment of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your holiday.

I am happy to read that you found our hotel as good and you could recommend our hotel to Trip Advisor community.

Thank you for your details observation and happy to read some of positive comment which related to hotel products and service, your comment has certainly help us to motivate our team to do even better job in the future.

As for some or CONS which I will explain for the reason of not having outside massage to use our beach, I hope you understand that this is private premise and we offer this service from our hotel, all hotel are having the same practice. The main reason is to ensure safety and security of our guest.

I hope that we will have a chance to be at your service again in the near future. Please do not hesitate contact me personally anytime if I can be further assistance.

Ehrwald, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Exactly what we were looking for: Lush tropical setting, warm (albeit wet!) setting, friendly people and finally - great food. It is all here. In spite of the unseasonably long rainy season my husband and I have thouroughly enjoyed this vacation. Thanks to the fact that it is NOT a new hotel, you have the most enchanting garden grounds and almost no reason to leave. We upgraded upon arrival (about 400€) and have a Lagoon Supreme Room with 24 hr internet, yoga instruction (nice instructor but really no facility for it - and we had private sessions at 8,00 am because no one came). We have been able to use the smaller pool reserved for Lagoon guests only. Shuttle for the upgrade is gratis so we use that most every day. I heard the Spa Facility is excellent but we did not use the Spa at the hotel. Breakfast is truly good - from Japanese, to British - to American - German and Thai. I am notoriously "miss picky" and was very satisfied. Lagoon guests can eat breakfast almost privately at Rim Nam restaurant. You must choose your menu a day ahead. There is a live band (trio) playing popular music of the last 40 years - and we really liked it (they do have a night off). Cocktail hour ist 21-22 hrs and half price. Room service is very good. Instead of a beach, there is a terrace with nice chaise lounges. So no sand when sunning. Which I prefer over a beach any day. Slept well in the firm but comfortable bed. I could probably find fault with this or that - but it would be splitting hairs. It is not a place of action but rather one of retreat, rest and relaxation. Getting to Hua Hin is no problem. We loved it here. Thank you Anantara!

Dear Rebecca S,

Thank you for taken some of your valuable time to post a comment of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your holiday!

I am very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and seems that we have made up to your expectation, this is very important for us to learn that the service that we provided are in the right direction to our guests. Thank you for your motivated feedback, the Anantara forever is really means to us and I have shared your comment with my team, we all committed to continue deliver even bettter job in the future.

We do hope that you will make a chance to visit us again in the future, please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be further assistance.

With kind regards,

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a week in the Anantara Resort and Spa Hua Hin and have to say what a wonderful experience it was. From the minute we arrived the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and the resort in general was really first class. The food - with a special mention of the wonderful breakfasts - was very good although we ate most of our evening meals in Hua Hin - the choice there is very wide (marvellous sea food!) and good value for money.
I feel I should also mention that our holiday was booked through Bryton Travel in Edinburgh and I could not recommend them too highly - first class service in every way - if you want an example of what good old fashioned customer service is like give them a call - you wont regret it.

Room Tip: We had a Garden Room - very close to the pool and all amenities. The Lagoon Rooms are more luxurious...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear DonHendersonSco...,

Greetings from Anantara Resort & Spa Hua Hin!

Thank you for sharing an experienced of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your holiday.

I am happy to read your positive comment and to learn that we have provided a good service from the time you arrived and the entired stay. Our goal is to ensure every guest leaves satisfied and seems that we have acheived to your expectations.

We hope that if you have any plan to visit Hua Hin again, Anantara Hua Hin will be your choice to stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime if I can be further assistance.

Ayutthaya, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here with my folks after the Christmas holiday and it was amazing.The room was clean and tidy as you'd expect from an up market resort.The bar side pool was a hightlight during the day as my partner and family spent most of our time there.In the evening we'd dine by the sea, the warm air and friendly,helpful staff made it a wonderful experience.In the morning you can enjoy an epic breakfast buffet which has something for everybody.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear RocnearBangkok,

Warm greetings from Anantara Resort & Spa Hua Hin!

Thank you for sharing with us the experienced of your stay, I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable stayed with us and to read that our service standard has met your expectations. Thank you for special mentioned of the bar and the dine by the sea, this seems that you have try many things in the hotel....it is always good to pampered yourself once you are on holiday.

This is almost a year past, we hope you will make another chance to visit us again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.

Kind regards,

dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

my friend and I had a wonderful experience at Anantara Hua Hin! a warm welcoming smile to take us to an immaculate and comfortable room with views of the garden and a lovely balcony to relax. K Alex and his team arranged a perfect tour to visit the Pa la U waterfalls . Thank you!
The Breakfast buffet serves great smoothies and the chef at the eggs station made delicious Thai omelets for us. ..
The staff is attentive, friendly and genuine and makes it a perfect place to relax and unwind. Stay by the pool for happy hour cocktails in the afternoon and have a run on the beach in the morning! Saddly we could not do the Thai boxing class due to the rain but we will be back for it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sylvie_zo,

Greetings from Anantara Resort & Spa Hua Hin!

Thank you for sharing with us the experienced of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your holiday!

I am very happy to read your comment and to learn that you have been well taken care of. Seems that you have done a lot here and I am glad that you have taken a chance to visit Pala-U, a national park which still kept lot of natural feelings. Thank you for special mentioned of breakfast and happy hour by the pool, as you can see that we offer wild range of choice for our breakfast and I am happy that this has met your expectations.

The Thai Boxing is here to stay and we hope you will make another trip to Hua Hin in the near future so that you can make a chance to join the class. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.

Naowarat Arunkong

Been to Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!