“The best place to stay in Hua Hin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Harmony

You added Sea Harmony to your Saves list
Sea Harmony
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   8/10 Takiab 6 Pananchai Village Khao Takieab | Hua hin, Hua Hin 77110, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 248 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Guildford, United Kingdom
“The best place to stay in Hua Hin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

A warm welcome, convivial hosts, non-stop local advice, the best thai breakfasts at their small cafe 50 metres away and incredibly quiet and peaceful; we hope we did not wake anyone after many late nights sampling the Hua Hin nightlife, which was a delight after a hectic time in Bangkok!

If I go back, no, when I go back to Hua Hin this is where I will stay

Room Tip: all rooms are different themes. I stayed in the 4 poster room which was quiet. The en-suite bathroom...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Node K, Owner at Sea Harmony, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hi Martin
I hope you had a good first experience in Hua Hin, don't forget to come back to visit us again
that was a nice chat with you and Lee

Thanks
Node

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We chose this B&B based on location and trip advisor ratings. It was about 200 meters from the ocean and away from the main tourist strip in Hua Hin. During high tide, there is no beach in this area.

Owners are very nice. Breakfast was a block away at their coffee house. It was excellent. We booked a room that was advertised as over 40 square meters. But it was tiny. The bath room was about 4 feet by 4 feet. This includes, shower, sink and toilet! So we were a little uncomfortable the first night. Thdere was no place to hang a damp towel and barely space to open our suitcases. We moved to a much nicer and larger room for the second night. i would rate Sea Harmony 2-3 starts based on the first night and 5 starts based on the second. Advertising could be clearer about room size. Price seems a bit high for what we had the first night. My hope is that owners are working out some of the kinks and will improve communication on issues of this type.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Node K, Owner at Sea Harmony, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hi Richard and Bony
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay at SEA Harmony guesthouse.
I would normally get out off my way if I could provide a better comfort to our guests. I had offered you the alternative room ( Cushy ) for both of you when you checked in and you were happy to choose and stick to InnWhite room. InnWhite room has a large balcony and private step to the garden. This could be an ideal room for those who love to spent time outside on balcony and socialize other guests at our main balcony. The bathroom of InnWhite is smaller than other room as it is a enclose shower unit. From Agoda website the size of the room has included balcony now I have contact Agoda to rewrite the description, however, the dimension without balcony is included in our website

I m not quite understand abut the Kink you mentioned? I hope you did not mean about sexual stuff :)

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I think its not just the place you stay but the people who make your stay what it is ! Node and Indy are the perfect host and went out of there way to make us feel as welcome as possible
I stayed in the white room while there loved the balcony and the decor of this room as mentioned before in pervoius posts this place has a very homely feel i would high recommend having travel all over thailand staying at many many diffrent places i have to say this is one of my favorates and hope to return back sometime this year

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Node K, Owner at Sea Harmony, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
What a great review and thank your contribution
Your review has inspired us to keep up good hospitality
Indy and I are very please to hear from you
I hope to see you again in December

Thx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We really wanted to like this place but we paid 2000Baht/night for the deluxe room. Said this, i think we should compare this place with the wide offer of similary priced 4/5 star hotels in the same area and quite decent places even in Europe/US.

The owners were exceptionally kind with us and very supportive, we could consider the place quite clean and cozy... but we had higher expectations for that money, given the TA reviews.
We got a quiet and nice (ikea furnished) room with a bathroom (with no ventilation) where you could really notice the traces of the previous guests in the form of yellow spots on the toilet area and stains all over the mirror.

They told us the breakfast was downstair before, but now they moved the whole cafe to a corner nearby that forces you to walk in the morning and have the food in front of a very busy road full of trucks, motorbikes and other noises.

It would be a great place for half the money, but we slept in far (far) better places for less in our 21 days trip over Thailand.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Node K, Owner at Sea Harmony, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hi Christian

Thank you for your reviews. I hope you are doing well there. I am not sure you have reviewed the right accommodation. From our booking, you have stayed with us on 11-14 December ( not in Jan) and the rate for InnWhite room on that date was 1577 B/Night. In response to the room and breakfast, InnWhite room and other rooms have no IKEA Furniture,the design and fixtures of my guesthouse I have designed and builted furniture myself for most items. Breakfast we serve at SEA Harmony Guesthouse ( 8-10 am ) only English breakfast and Yummy Corner beach entrance cafe appx 100 meters from the guesthouse ( 8-11 am ) for all English, Thai and Continental breakfast. In the past we are running both cafes and offer our guest for both options. We are planing to combining two cafe in February 2013 If you refer to the Yummy Corner you apologize for your inconvenience.

We are really want to create a Home atmosphere for our guests so please let us know direct while you are staying with us which we endeavour to provide the most comfort for you.
If you come back to our house agiain we would offer you a discount

South Slocan, BC, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

There is really not a lot to add that hasn't already been said in previous reviews, other than both Node and Indie deserve the accolades that other reviewers have given. In addition to their infinite attention to details, they both equally contribute the personality and hospitality that make Thailand the so called "land of smiles". I actually ran across their B&B by accident after having a disappointing stay at a nearby resort . While walking down the street, I ran across their cafe/noodle house and Indie mentioned that they had a room available - I booked for one night to check it out (with my girlfriend ), and ended up staying for a week! That being said, I am a seasoned traveller to Thailand, and while many things have changed over the years to change the experience, I am constantly pleasantly surprised by coming across "gems" like this one.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms with private balconies are excellent! If you don't get one, there's reall...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Node K, Owner at Sea Harmony, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi Cameron
Thank you for your time placing this review. It was very nice to host you and nice chat. You are deserved to have a relax time here. We hope you have a great time in Thailand.You are always most welcome to stay here again on the way to South of Thailand perhaps

Cheers
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was an absolutely fantastic decesion we made , right from our first interaction with Node , the lovely , thoughtful welcome drink, to customizing our breakfasts, providing tips on 'Things to Do' in Hua Hin, Node is such a resourceful warm & thoughtful host.
Indy was equally helpful with helping us & really going out of her way to ensure there was nothing we really missed during our 3 night 4 day stay at Sea Harmony.
The atmosphere is an extension of HOME literaly , the rooms are extremely comfortable, charming & well appointed . The location always ease in accesibility, & the fact that its tucked away makes it totally worth the stay. Kasha their 2 month frech bull dog is adorable as ever & she kept us extremely occupied over leisure bfasts. There staff is very competent , friendly & always ready to help.
Full marks to Node & Indy for making our stay at Hua Hin the best of all our travels & truly welcoming us to a home like no other

Room Tip: Choose the room on higher views for lovely views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Node K, Owner at Sea Harmony, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Hi Michelle, Ryan and Biyanka
I am writing three review response from tripadvisor here and this is the last one. I have to say that those words and positive feedbacks from you guys are really help us to run SEA Harmony and keep up our friendly services into it. It was great having you guys with us. I must say thank you for the practical gift that you guys gave it to us. I have put wild orchid to to your lovely pot please check the photo on our Facebook. Again thank for all hope to see you again

Node Indy and Kasha
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were in Hua for around 4 nights in Jan 2013 and Node and INdy were the best hosts we could find !On reaching Sea Harmony Node introduces us to all at home and take us around the place so we are familiar ! The house is convniently located to the beach main road coffee shop 7 11 stores .Every room has an attached bath ,they do have a cafe in the house it self ,however a must try is the Yummy Corner which is 100 metres away from the house.Node and Indy go out of their way to get things done ,my friends were vegetarian and they got the best Vegetarian food ever they are still raving about it .Indys coffee it one of the best ive had !The guest house has no timings ,they do have a laundary facility available .If your looking to be cut away from crowd this is your hideout.TRasnportation easy to get the local Tuk Tuks that keep plying between the city centre and Takiab area.I will definately return !Highly recommend the bfast they offer from local Thai dishes to an eggs,fresh juice,cold cuts .
Another highlight is their pet kasha and try the Boat Noodle !!! : )Node and Indy thank you for everything you guys are super !

Room Tip: Book the rooms with the balcony on the fist floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Node K, Owner at Sea Harmony, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hi Ryan
Thank you for placing the review. I hope you and Michelle are keeping well. I am glad that you enjoyed staying with us as much as we enjoy hosting you, Michelle and Biyanca.
It be great if we see you guys again next time and don't forget about Cicada Maket for next trip.

Thank heaps for your present to us, we have found the perfect flower for it here.

Cheers
Node and Indy

Been to Sea Harmony? Share your experiences!