“Bad first impression” 2 of 5 stars
Review of G Hua Hin Resort & Mall

You added G Hua Hin Resort & Mall to your Saves list
G Hua Hin Resort & Mall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250/201, Soi 94 Phetchkasem Rd, Hua Hin 77110, Thailand   |
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Hua Hin
Bangkok, Thailand
“Bad first impression”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We booked two rooms and arrived on 2nd Jan 2013. Rooms were not ready so we waited at the spacious reception area. But then we were told we could go in. The room assigned to our daughter, her husband and twin girls was ready and they settled in well. However the room for me, husband and daughter was not. We were unsure as to why we were told to go when Housekeeping were not ready. Anyway, we were on 1st floor at Deluxe room w jacuzzi, so we settled ourselves having our packed lunch by the jacuzzi while the room was being made up. Of course, it was a hot day so where we had lunch was not the best. But had no alternative.

So after housekeeping cleaned, we noticed the fridge was not cold. Called the Desk abt it and different ladies came up and gave the weirdest excuses. First of all, the fridge was empty. So naturally, after our lunch, I packed the leftover, fruits and some drinks into the fridge. So what do I get? They were telling me that I shouldn't put leftover in fridge and that its only meant for drinks blah blah..I held my cool for a while until I couldn't take it no more, and that's when I screamed at them and said, what hotel ask customers what and what not to put in fridge. And worst yet, aside from being a very small sized fridge, it wasn't working. Do something abt it. Only then, more people turned up and a couple of technicians brought a working fridge. Then turned on the TV, and that too wasn't working and again called them to come fix. I think they brought in an a different set. That first impression really set us on wrong footing.

The beds were comfortable and nice sheets. But we had to ask for extra towels. These should have been there as we booked and paid for three people. Breakfast came with the room but after staying at Hilton, Dusit and Marriott, there was nothing special about it. I also didnt like the spread out of where the restaurant is located and having to enter with swiping card system. Too much unnecessary security. The massage place across were ok but after walking to the mall 5minutes away, we discovered there were better places there and even cheaper.

I think this resort is new and likewise still going thru those initial challenges of getting things right. We chose to go there as we wanted to take our family to Hua Hin...and being peak season, we were unable to find room at the ones right on the beach. With their reduced costs, it was ok. But even then, the hotel was not full.

Would we go back? I don't think so. Hua Hin has many great options and this resort really has to package everything well, plus improved customer service to be able to compete with many established resorts/hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
little red dot
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The reception area is open concept....facing some small shops along the road...the massage shops looked a bit dodgy so we tried the ones outside along the main road instead which were ok considering how cheap the prices were...frankly I thought the hotel service wasn't that great...we had a pool facing balcony room n the balcony floor was extremely dusty...somehow the room floor didnt feel that clean as well so it made me wonder if the staff even mopped the floors properly at all..I couldn't walk around barefoot without feeling icky...the huge king sized bed was good though..the pool was nice n big...good for a few laps...breakfast was alright only...not that much variety...the hotel massage place is actually combined with a hair salon...let's just say that I wasn't real tempted to step in...the hotel is linked to a tiny mall which has only a few stores open...the rest has yet to be occupied...a bigger shopping mall is just 5min walk away so that was a good thing...overall this place didnt hit my g spot ;-p n I wouldn't come back...it's got a nice pool n couch in the balcony facing the pool n a good king bed but other than that...nah...I'm sure there are better options out there....

• Stayed February 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at the G Huahin 3 nights, mainly because of the great offer (70% discount). I paid about 2200 baht/night for a standard room without breakfast. Let me just point out that I have mixed feelings about this boutique resort. I just came from the Four Seasons in Bangkok where my son and I had an executive suite (2 free upgrades), so coming to the G and staying in their simple standard room was quite a decrease in standard. However, I hope my review is impartial. The room is spacious enough with a plasma TV, good-working desk and super king size bed. The bathroom was simple, small, but the shower was extremely good, with both rain water and European shower systems. There was also a balcony with a bed (but when raining, the bed gets wet). The water was very hot and the pressure better than many 5 star hotels. Another positive feature is the very large and nicely designed swimming pool. The G also has a decent gym. Some serious flaws of the G are: thin walls so one can hear dogs barking, trains passing by and people in the next rooms or outside the hotel area. Another major flaw is that the hotel is situated on the “wrong side” of the road, so to go to the beach you must first cross 2 extremely heavily trafficked streets and then walk another 150 meters or so. One problem we had during our last night was that about 10-15 Thai people working for Nissan in Bangkok were partying in a room close by until about 3 am. I told the staff several times and the staff said they talked with these guests, but the guests continued to party (and even singing very loud) despite the staff’s requests. I know Thai people - when drinking - can be loud and obnoxious, but I think the staff at a 3.5-4-star hotel should do whatever is necessary to resolve this problem. In conclusion, for the exceptionally low price I paid, the G is a good buy, but I feel once they go over to normal pricing, I would not find this an attractive property (the thin walls and location).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We arrived very early after an overnight journey by bus and train and were very gratefull for immediate access to our room.The Hotel in conveniently located for access to the beach by use of a footbridge over a very busy highway. There is a great shopping centre only 500 meters from the hotel with lots of good shops and restaurants. Our room overlooked the huge swimming pool and was spacious and well designed. Wifi is free of charge with good reception all over the hotel including the swimming pool area. The Hotel manager took the time to ask how we were enjoying our stay and pointed out their latest installations which was a gym and children's play area. We enjoyed our stay and would,nt hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013
Sangju, Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel has a unique feel and is brand new build. We were greeted with warm smiles and our welcome drinks in the open air lobby. We were informed we would get free buffet breakfast which had everything (fruit, cheese plate, egg station, breads... was fantastic). We were taken to our room where our butler showed us where everything was (more so than a normal hotel). The drinks in the mini bar are free and the snacks are priced well.

The shower is by far the best rain shower I have ever used. Bathroom is big and comfortable.

The bar and pool are stunning, clean and private. The pool faces south so you will have unimpeded sunshine from sun up to sun down! If you want shade sit under the palms or have them bring you an umbrella. So modern and luxurious you will love it.

The location is so perfect it isnt funny. There are tons of good restaurants 15 feet from the lobby. About a 60 second walk to beach where you can do kite surfing!
A 3 floor mall and fast food 3 minutes north on the main street. The hotel is just off the main street which is great bc traffic noise is minimal. You can walk north to all the night markets and there are zero shady characters hanging around.

There is a convenience store connected to the hotel with everything you need.

The bad: Hotel staff English level was lower than I expected. It made it difficult when asking simple things like when is the bus to Bangkok. The tuktuk never moved and when we asked to get a shuttle to the bus station they were a bit hesitant but maybe it was bc they didnt understand us. No problems, eventually they agreed with smiles that it wouldnt be a problem. We stayed on the first floor with pool access, only complaint was that the glass doors had no screen and mosquitoes were a bit bad. Would have been nice to watch a movie with the door open but impossible. Install screen doors!

There are a bunch of massage places in front of the hotel. I recommend Annarissa (something like that- pink sign next to small bar and laundry). Three ladies work there and are so fun and talkative. We would just go there after our day and have a coffee with them. Any advice we needed about getting scooters, prices, things to see we just asked them!

Room Tip: I think the pool access is worth it. We went in the main pool once. I would walk ot the bar, get a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Amazed with the outstanding service , nice size rooms, fine breakfast, i liked the day bed on the balcony and the pool was good but we were delighted with the excellant service from all the staff we will be back!!!

Room Tip: We were delighted with our 2 rooms on the 6th floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

New hotel in Hua Hin. we stayed for 4 night and was happy with our stay. take rooms above 3rd floor so u will not have much mozzi problem and also have a not so bad view from the entrance.

the Room service food was great. Staff needs to be more fluent in English. The Mall is still not fully operational. only very few shops. walking distance from the biggest mall in Hua Hin names Village Mall.

Staff was helpful with early check in arranged on request.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is direct linked to the restaurant. all Rooms have pool view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to G Hua Hin Resort & Mall? Share your experiences!