“Great golf course, superb conditions” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
6 attraction reviews
“Great golf course, superb conditions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Played Black Mountain in november 2013. Course was great, excellent fairways, superb greens.

One remark is that I didn't had a very good caddy. She was slow, didn't knew the difference between yards and meters and was in my opinion not very good in green reading so I've decided to do it myself...

We also played behind a very slow 4-ball (we were only 2) and they refused to let us pass. A marshall would be convenient here.
Facilitues are good, restaurant is excellent and not expensive.

• Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
“Nice golf course with good maintenance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Playing golf in Black mountain is real nice, nice course, not too hard not too easy. Good putting green and nice fairway and with good service.

bangkok
12 attraction reviews
“Nice course.... But.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

First time i played here. Quite nice in all respects especially the greens. The price to play is ridiculous but there were lots of moneyed Asians playing so who am I to say? Additionally the caddy insisted on keeping my score which I always do myself. I finally had to take the card away from her.

If you are only going to play one course in Hua Hin, suggest Banyan over BM.

Sydney Australia
26 attraction reviews
“Experience spoiled by caddie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have played at Black Mountain around a dozen times and only a couple of times have I had a caddie that suited me. Others appear to be disinterested and I have experienced a take it or leave it attitude at the pro shop.
For some reason that escapes me, one is unable to book a caddie in advance. That resulted in my playing 6 games at Hua Hin, one at Black Mountain and 5 at Banyan where I pre booked a particular caddie and the staff are delightful.
This is regrettable because the course deserves its high ranking as one of the top 10 courses outside the U.S. and ranks alongside Red Mountain in Phuket as must plays in Thailand.
It is very well maintained but one need to check on the playing conditions for the day on the day. It is not uncommon to be told that carts are unavailable and the course is walking only. Although at worst I have only had to walk the first 9 holes with a cart on path only being available for the back 9.

Melbourne, Australia
“golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

fabulous course with a good degree of difficulty -well manicured. Lots of water and views everywhere you look