We stayed in the Nidhrarom Suite, widely advertised as the hotel’s flagship suite with large private pool, oversized master bedroom, living room with full bathroom (convertible into a second bedroom), and private sundeck along with all the premium amenities.
The very first sight that greeted us upon entering the suite was the bathroom on the living room side being flooded from the heavily dripping ceiling. Our first thought was that it could be fixed, but the last thing we wanted was to have maintenance work conducted in our room after driving all the way from Bangkok to relax. However, the leak was so bad that we did not have a choice and maintenance was called so we had to vacate the living room as they tried to fix the problem. Finally, we were informed that the leak has been resolved. A little annoyance resolved, we thought. However, to our horror, we found the floor flooded once again in the evening just as we were leaving for dinner. Again someone had to come up to fix the “rainfall” while we were out. As we came back 3 hours later, the golf cart driver taking us back to our suite explained that they managed to fix the problem for good. We held our breath as we went to inspect… guess what? The bathroom floor was again flooded and this time the dripped seemed to have worsened. It was already 10:30 PM and we absolutely did not care for another attempt and intrusion into our weekend by maintenance workers. We simply asked for a big bucket as to prevent the water from flowing out into the living room, but another workman showed up with a ladder. We turned him away and explained that all we needed at this point was a bucket. The receptionist did offer to provide us with another room, but the reason we booked this accommodation type was that we are a party of 4. The master bedroom was useable, so they wanted 2 of us to split into another room. Upon their checking, we were advised that there was no room available within the same building and we were not at all amused about having to move at this time of the night. We suggested that the hotel waive the 2 extra person charge and set-up an extra rollaway bed in the master bedroom, to which they agreed.
The rollway bed is another story to write about. It was quite literally a folding army cot with a thin layer of mattress placed on it. My 2 friends cringed upon feeling the hardness of what was to be their bed for the night, and decided to retreat back to the living room (more comfortable daybeds while having to endure the bathroom episode – which was remedied by a bucket with a towel placed over the top to absorb the dripping noise). All this is not something one would expect in a boutique hotel branded as “luxurious”.
Admittedly, the staffs were all very courteous. The butler assigned to our room (Orm) needs to be specially commended. She was extremely pleasant and tried extremely hard to sort out all the problems. Thumbs up to her for handling the hotel issues very well. However, the construction flaws, including odd design, not to mention the major unresolvable problem, made our stay just short of disastrous.
The suite itself, albeit lacking sea views (adding to a list of odd designs) other than from climbing up the spiral staircase to the private sundeck, was rather nice and it was such a pity that such an incident ruined what could’ve been a very pleasant stay.
This review is not opinion-based, but it is simply stating the facts as occurred. The accompanying pictures further illustrate these facts.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Nidhra, Hua Hin Hotel
- Cape Nidhra, Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Nidhra offers its guests the best accommodation in this sought after location. Characterized by its impeccable service and its elegant accommodation, the hotel has been described as “one of the most distinctive in Hua Hin”. Perched on the shores of Hua Hin’s breathtaking beach, the hotel offers easy access to the seaside town’s wonderful street markets, shopping centres, restaurants, pubs and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, Agoda, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Cape Nidhra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.