“Best food in Thailand - FABULOUS accomadation also!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ye Olde Buffalo Tavern

Ye Olde Buffalo Tavern
On the corner of Chomsin and Naresdamri Rd | Opposite the Fishing Pier, Hua Hin 77110, Thailand
+668-0727-4710
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 399 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Best food in Thailand - FABULOUS accomadation also!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stumbled across this place at the end of the fishing pier on my first trip to HuaHin with my fiancee. I was welcomed by the very pleasant landlord and lady, enjoyed the wide selection of drinks on offer before eating. Now i have eaten all over the world and obviously eaten a lot of english food, and this is better than the top restaurants around huahin and better than any english food i have eaten anywhere in the world (including england) and very reasonably priced. The first evening i ate there i had the prwan cocktail to start which was made with fresh tiger prawns and was to die for, followed by a perfectly cooked burger with homemade french fries.

Because myself and my fiancee where so happy, we continued to eat there for the rest of our stay in Thailand. I ate the fish and chips which are fabulous (dont know how someone could have complained about these in a previous review), plus we ate food from the vast thai menu available, which is better than what the thai restaurants fed us with!! We ate english breakfast there everyday (which puts my local cafe in england to shame) and enjoyed the wonderful selection of bar snacks available (which are more like starters/mains) and nothing was expensive, infact very cheap.

After a couple of days the top floor luxury guestrooms were available and upon inspection i was delighted they could squeeze me in there for a few days. Now these are better than the suites in the hilton hotel - and at a fraction of the price. For what you pay a fairly standard hotel in Thailand you get a luxury suite with all the modcons, beautifully decorated, along with a terrace with sun loungers and table and chairs, overlooking the sea which is a stones throw away - truly breathtaking!

Overall i would reccommend this establishment to anybody travelling to HuaHin, it is fantastic value for money, with all the drinks and food you could ever want to eat, has exquisite guest rooms available AND the owners (Bill and Lauraine) are wonderful hosts and were happy to tell me all the best things to do in and around huahin, and even a couple of the other top restaurants to goto! I would like to thank them for making our time in Thailand truly fabulous!

Thanks for reading my novel.

Alex and Kat

• Visited February 2011

Hua Hin, Thailand
“great place to eat in Hua Hin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Visited many times over the last couple of years, always had a warm welcome & never had a bad meal. The draught cider goes down a treat and the lending library a real bonus.

• Visited March 2010
Vancouver
“Avoid the Fish & Chips”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

I thought that I'd go with a safe choice when in a pub. After all, with great fish in the area how can you go wrong. Well, you can cook it to a dry crisp and have second rate fries. I would have marked the restaurant down where I feel it belongs except that one of the two people with me had a very nice meal. Generally, for a pub in a great location they need to get a half decent cook for lunchtime.

Visited January 2011
buffalobillshuahin, Owner at Ye Olde Buffalo Tavern, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Well Coylum, from looking through your extensive 240 reviews I can see that you do get around 1020 cities visited.

I’m sorry about your experience at BB’s. Did you bring the problem to anybody’s attention, as I’m sure if you had my staff would have most definitely changed your dry crisp fish and your second rate fries! Please bring errors to the attention of the staff at any establishment where ever you are on this planet as all humans are prone to making errors. In the words of JFK; “A wise man once said an error doesn’t become a mistake until you refuse to correct it “. We always try to correct our errors.
If you’re ever in this neck of the woods again, please come by and the F&C’s will be on me (literally, I'll be laying naked on a table with two pickled onions and a large wally singing; La Marseillaise)!

Bill
New Iberia,
“Good wholesome no frills home cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I've been eating in Buffalo Bill's for the last 6-7 years with old and new owners and can honestly say I have never had a bad meal. I’ve had to wait a while for the food on occasions, even getting the wrong food once, but the same has happened to us in the 5 star resorts, so no one’s perfect. The staff are attentive, the prices are reasonable and the menu changes with the times, but my favourites are always there. All in all the food, service and ambiance has always been spot on and well done.

• Visited January 2011
Gilleleje, Denmark
“Excellent surf'n turf.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

having just arrived in Hua Hin we felt a bit peckish and the first thing that popped up in our heads was a surf'n turf.

Ye Olde Buffalo Tavern served an excellent Australian rump steak with two huge freshly grilled prawns, fried potatoes and onion rings. The meat was nothing but absolutely outstandingly excellent, the prawns likewise and the condiments well prepared.

It is not gourmet food, but good ol' unpretentious home cooking with high quality raw materials and and a clever chef.

Staff was friendly but slightly ignorant and prices bordering to slightly above reasonable for a meal of this kind.

All in all a very good experience and we will most likely be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere