My wife and I stayed at this hotel on Dusit Club Floor for 3 nights. This hotel which is 22 years old and very much Thai influenced has built its reputation on Conferencing and Banqueting. It is very evident that the Thai family directors have a very close connection with the Thai Royal Family and this is reflected in the many photographs located in the magnificent lobby. The hotel grounds are extensive and the view from our room was really lovely overlooking both the swimming pool and the sea. The Dusit Club Lounge was very nice but was spoiled on the last day of our vacation which was the start of the local resident weekend and the hotel was swamped with families with children as a result children were in the Club Lounge unsupervised and eating various sticky cakes etc.. whilst using the computer terminals ---- quite frankly this is unacceptable and I made the staff aware of this because they were turning a blind eye ! I spoke to Willem the supervisor who agreed that this practice was unacceptable --- but I am not confident that anything will be done about it ? In so far as our room was concerned generally it was fine except that the shower was not working correctly (Room 760) ie. the water temperature could not be controlled. Despite reporting this 3 times and been shown "the procedure" to obtained a constant temperature ---- we found this an impossible task and consequently the water was either too hot or too cold --- not a good start to the day !!! The Dining Venues were very nice and particularly "The Restaurant" for breakfast which had the most amazing selection of all types of dishes which probably the best ever offering of Asian Food which obviously reflected the hotels marketing strategy of aiming for the South East Asian Market. A real hidden gem of the hotel complex is the DFit with a very attractive laid out Sauna, Steam Room and Jacuzzi. Would we stay here again ? Not in the local school holidays and certainly not weekends.
Final note would senior management kindly pass on our thanks to the following staff members who provided a service far and above the call of normal duty :
1. Sumalee at Front Desk
2. Nop Jaros at Dusit Club Lounge
3. Tipkamol Chef at Baan Benjarong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Thani Hua Hin hotel occupies a special place within a region known for its spectacular natural beauty along the west coast of the Gulf of Thailand. The coastal town of Hua Hin retains the serene Thai charm that has captured the aristocratic imagination and made it a favoured summer retreat for the Thai Royalty since 1920’s. Conveniently located just 2.5 hours from Bangkok by car, its fine sandy beach, superb tropical climate and lush greenery provide the ideal luxury resort atmosphere. Commanding an unspoilt beachfront location, the spectacular Dusit Thani Hua Hin hotel combines sumptuous comfort with wondrous classic traditional style. An ornamental lake, lily pond and tropical gardens flank a magnificent swimming pool. For guests desiring a self-contained resort the luxury hotel provides well-appointed guest rooms, a range of dining and entertainment options, and a variety of sports and recreational facilities including water sports, tennis and squash courts, fitness centre and a horse riding track, plus the tranquil Devarana Spa, Hua Hin for ultimate pampering. With its legendary events and pampering service, the Dusit Thani Hua Hin hotel has been accorded a reputation as the Thai beach resort of choice for Thai aristocracy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dusit Thani Hua Hin Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Hua Hin Resort