“Jings continues to provide excellent accomodation” 4 of 5 stars

Soi Selakam, Hua Hin, Thailand   |
Ranked #9 of 248 Hua Hin B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane Australia
“Jings continues to provide excellent accomodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at Jings ( this visit 18 night). Owners and staff are very friendly and courteous, they run a very good establishment which is very well priced. Rooms are serviced daily and cleanliness remains a key feature. avery good location, close to beach, restuarants and bars. Overall this continues to be a very well run business.

Room Tip: visit web site, the pictures are accurate
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Darwin, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is the 3rd time I have stayed at Jings Guesthouse.

The last 2 stays were problem free, this stay was a nightmare.

I have known Peter (the Owner) and Jing for around a year and a half now, spent a lot of money and time there and really enjoyed their company and my stays there previously.

The second day there I locked my valuables in a drawer in my room as I've previously done as they have no room safes. I always count what I have and made a note of it.

I left at 10.am to go for a walk, came back around 2 pm and found I was missing 4 x 1000 baht notes and 200 dollars Australian equalling about 10,000 baht.

I spoke to Jing who tried hard to help me, she even offered to give me some money from her own pocket which I declined as it was not her fault.

When I finally caught up with the owner Peter, he brushed me off saying that there has never been a problem in the 6 years Jings has been operational and that I should have called the police, then he just walked away.

Yes I should have called the Police but when this happened I was pretty stressed and just didn't think of the obvious thing to do, was hoping to deal with this internally and not scare off his guest's with police presence.

Peter lost a lot of custom from me, not only the 30,000 odd baht he would have made from me had I have stayed there for the duration of my trip, he also lost a friend.

By all means stay at Jings, its a great little fun guesthouse but "never" let your valuables out of your sight.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

good clean rooms, great value.......great location in hua hin...........

Room Tip: room 10 or 11 are good
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed at Jing's for 2 nights in January. It was a cheap guesthouse and offered all the basics. I had a big room, but the bed was only a queen size. I had one on the first floor and didn't think it was great but it was good. I wish the room had more light though and if you had to use the bathroom, the light turns on the bathroom light and the hallway light. So it would be annoying if your partner doesn't like light. The airconditioning worked great. The free wifi was nice and the TV had plenty of channels.

The rooms show there age, but for the price, it was good.

Jing's is near a lot of bars, restaurants and the beach. So it is in a great location. There is a little noise at night, but nother major. If I can take it, I think a lot of people can too. I had dinner there and the basil pork was tasty. Jing cooks the dishes herself. She is a good host. The other staff that was there was friendly as well. Guest houses are a great choice, but a 3 star guest house is not in the same league as a 3 star hotel. But Jing's was nice. I might suggest you get a room on the 2nd floor and the one I had was dark, but it was a good experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Chumphon, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Myself and 5 friends stayed here for two nights and were all very pleased with the clean rooms, large beds and with the friendly staff.

It's also in a great location; only 5 minutes to the beach and is surrounded by bars and restaurants.

We are travelling on bicycle and the property is very secure, we had no problems leaving our bicycles in public view.

Room Tip: Furthest away from the Karaoke bar next door!! Some bad singers around...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Jings is a great place.The owners Peter and Jing were very friendly and made us feel very welcome.The rooms were pleasant and clean,serviced each day ,and there was also laundry service available which made things easier.Superb location, bang on in the middle of everything,but not to noisy to stop you from getting your head down.Close to the beach aswell so could not fault this place.Will definatately stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I had not stayed in a guesthouse before. Jings was excellent, both owners Peter and Jing were extremely helpful, courteous and friendly as were their employees. A very well run establishment, clean and serviced daily. Great location, five minutes in any direction to beach, restaurant , bars and night market. Sleep quality was good, minimal noise. A very affordable guesthouse for individual or family. I will return next year.

Room Tip: Simply email Jings, I stayed in new suite room which was excellent. Refer web site for pictures, the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Jing's Guesthouse? Share your experiences!