“Haga Hill Forever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Naga Hill Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chiang Rai
Naga Hill Resort
You added Naga Hill Resort to your Saves list
M. 8 Baan Pha-oo Tambon Bandou, Chiang Rai 57100, Thailand   |
Ranked #16 of 124 Chiang Rai B&B and Inns
Montreal
“Haga Hill Forever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

I came to this hotel expecting to find peace and rest for a couple of days and i stayed for more than a week. I lived in a beautiful small and clean bungalow isolated and surrounded by nature. The matress was my best one in Asia and the semi outside shower is charming and refreshing. The swimming pool with salted water is very big, very clean and inviting. Because it is a small Inn there is never too many people at the pool or in the bar-restaurant.

The food is of deluxe quality and the menu is diversified.Cocktails are a must ! The service is exceptionnaly efficient and friendly and professionnal.Three is a charming girl who will take care of your food and drinks needs and fix any request regarding your lodging. Ara the manager speaks fluent french, english and german. He knows the country very well and he is a constant source of information on the possible activities to do in the area. He is also always disponible to fix your problems or to supply you with your daily regular or extraordinary needs. He even help fixed my visa problem by coming with me to the immigration office at the border town of Tachilek.

This place is a heaven whenever you come back from the noise and traffic of Chiang Rai. A bit of country and nature paradise from the heat of the city.

Beware ! You might be caught by this seductive resort that is so hard to leave.
City and adventures, and expedition are close by but whenever you are here you ask yoursel : what else could i possibly want elsewhere to make my holiday perfect that i don't have here ?

Going to the city requires a tuk tuk. I rented a motorbike that allowed me to visit the surrounding villages. There is also a very nice village nearby where you can walk to for basic shopping or to see or share habitants social habits. Very good stall food.

And you don't need an alarm clock. The rooster will take care of that !

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

This small hotel is wonderfull, i am staying at the Naga Hill for the moment and i am having a great time, the staff is wonderfull, nothing is to much, they want to take care of everything for you!
The food is great, very tasty and a good price.
We have a small bungalow with a lovely view over the mountains, and all you hear is the sound of the jungle!
I can truly recommend this resort to everybody!

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

A pleasant village of upto a dozen bungalows which are separated by surrounding bamboo and shrubs for privacy. My bungalow was basic, simple but comfortable and clean.
The reception/bar/restaurant overlooks the clear blue of the pool and the Burmese mountains to the west where you can relax over a drink or meal whilst enjoying mood music. The meals are delicious and lovingly prepared, brought by the smiling Kaew of many talents.
All care was taken to ensure my stay was pleasant.
The distance from town ensured a need for me to use tuk-tuk for everything. Next time I would hire a bike for more independance. There is occasionally the distraction of noise from the nearby university but overall a very pleasant interlude in my time in Thailand.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Westlake Village, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

My favorite hotel until now has been Kona Viollage Resort on the Big Island of Hawaii, but I think I could stau here forever. Only "about 10" unites, each an individual hut with its own lanai, but there must be a couple of rooms out of commission because I'm in #11. Each of the staff have been outstanding and cheefrul despite multi tasking all day. The waiter is the receptionist is the room clerk is the bartender ... you get the idea.. If you drink exotic brands, bring them with you. The rooms are immaculate and well thought out ... the bathroom is two steps down from the room itself, outside but surrounded by a bamboo fence and solar hot water. The toilet is in its own little room with a view of the bamboo garden. Laundry is 1-day service, and the coffee maker/cleaning woman/breakfast cook/driver took me to the hospital for a dental problem on a holiday and stayed with me until I was finished. Service is outstnading.

Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights in November with our son and my husband's parents. We had 2 deluxe bungalows and 1 medium.

The bungalows: rustic but comfortable. We found the bed extremely hard. The deluxe bungalows have a nice sitting area and were a decent size. The medium one didn't have a lot of room, as the bed was taking up most of it. They say the small bungalows are good for "lovers and brothers and sisters" - I wouldn't want to see sleep in such close proximity to anyone, certainly not my brother! :) In my opinion, I would say that the small bungalows are best for single people.
When we first arrived, we noticed that the sheets had not been changed (as evidenced by many hairs on the white sheets). We told them and they came right away to change them. My first impression wasn't a great one with that, but they made up for it in many other ways.
The bathrooms are quite secluded, although they are "outdoors". The shower was awkward due to the position of the shower head - we ended up using it as a hand-held instead of on the wall, otherwise it would spray all over.
Remember, you're "at one with nature" here, so there were always trails of ants in the bathroom (a quick sweep took care of that temporarily!), and we had 2 frogs in our room, and a gecko or two. It was a fun adventure to us (ok, i wasn't thrilled to find the frog right ON the bathroom door), but just something to be aware of in case you're not fond of creatures.

The grounds: are peaceful, with lots of privacy between bungalows. The pool is fantastic! Spectacular view while you're swimming laps. And there was something endearing about the site and sound of the cows wandering through the field below!

The staff: Kaew and Rung were very friendly and helpful. They helped make it such a wonderful place.

Massages: we had a massage in our bungalow for 200 baht for 1 hour. Very good.

The restaurant and bar: we ate several meals here. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is not included but is very reasonably priced, as were lunch and dinner. We paid approx. $30CAN for 5 people to eat a fantastic dinner. Try the Burmese pork! It was our new favourite. We were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. We went into town the first night for a below-average Italian meal at Il Pirata and decided that we would rather hang out and eat great food at Naga Hill! They served us up wonderful cocktails in the bar before we had supper. They have a nice spot to relax and read or surf the net.

The location: There are no sites or restaurants within walking distance of Naga Hill. For us, it didn't matter that we were outside of town because we had a guide (the awesome Jermsak) to pick us up. If we were doing Chiang Rai without a guide or our own transportation, i would probably stay in town. As others have said, it's approx. 15-20 minutes to Chiang Rai. They will call you a songtaew or tuk-tuk and it costs 200-250 baht one way. Rung picked us up at the bus station on arrival, and drove us to the airport on our departure - 200 baht per transfer, not per person. Very reasonable.

I would recommend Naga Hill to others, but just know what you're signing up for: rustic accomodation OUTSIDE of town. But if you're wanting a peaceful respite, then this is the place!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

I think this is my favourite place ever (perhaps equal favourite with the Riverside in Hoi An). It is a little out of town which wasn’t a problem as we mainly came to do a trip with Jermsak and it was an easy tuk tuk ride to town.The tuk tuk ride to town takes about 15-20 minutes. It costs 200baht and you just let them know about 30 minutes in advance and they arrange this The only problem with this place was it was so fantastic we couldn’t drag ourselves away to do anything! Thank goodness we had booked a day with a guide as we otherwise may have not left the grounds! It says in their brochure and on the web site they provide traditional massage in your bungalow or by the pool. (we didn't know this at the time but certainly would have tried it if we did).

There are 11 or so little bungalows dotted around a big garden area. They are so beautiful, thatched roof, outdoor area, outside bathroom to die for, mosquito nets and coils. No air con, nice fans it wasn’t at all hot in the rooms when we went and frankly it was nice to thaw out after my carbon cowboy kid & partner’s sub zero settings of the air con in Chiang Mai!
The pool is huge and the setting is magnificent you can laze in a hammock overlooking the hills to Burma. The food here is indescribably fantastic (the mai thai’s garnished with dragon fruit are not too shabby either!)
The staff were delightful.
I have also only just read that they also private Thai cooking classes in the restaurant which we would have loved as their food was exceptional and I think they pride themselves on this.
Highly highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

My husband and I first stayed at Naga Hill before it was officially open to the public. We have a deep love of Thailand and its people and return to Thailand often. We always make time for a stay a Naga Hill and most recently stayed there in December 2008 where we held a special event for many friends and family. It is difficult to describe just how special Naga Hill is. For us it is an oasis of serenity and natural beauty. The buildings are stunning and made in the traditional Thai style, blending harmoniously with the natural surroundings. The jungle like garden provides both botanic delights and seclusion for the simple yet effortlessly stylish bungalows. The staff are warm, sparkly and helpful and laughter comes easily to them allowing you to relax and enjoy the space with light heartiness and a sense of fun and adventure. True to the way of many Thai people, children are both welcome, enjoyed and respected. My son will always have fond memories of that place, swimming in the fresh, salt water pool, discovering the abundant wildlife and interacting confidently with Thai people who have encouraged the development of his basic Thai language skills and cultural awareness. The owner of Naga Hill has extremely high standards which include the perseveration of a harmonious interaction between humans and nature. A stay at Naga hill is a truly unique experience which will remain with you for years to come.

• Liked — The relaxed friendly atmosphere and the natural beauity
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Naga Hill Resort? Share your experiences!