Actually located on an island it is an incredibly beautiful setting with the largest lobby we have ever seen in a hotel, beautifully appointed. Pool is in the back on the ground floor and is big enough for everyone. Health club and spa. Two restaurants neither to be missed.
On the roof is a restaurant of gourmet quality. We had reservations but it was so nice out on the balcony I asked if we could sit there and immediately a table was moved. We chose the tasting menu which was totally delicious if a little large.
Halfway through dinner we saw a lucky balloon going up followed by another. When we asked why they were going up and the significance the maitre d asked if we would like to do one to which we said yes. He then sent someone to get one and an hour later we were releasing our own lucky balloon with our new years wishes into the heavens. All of this for $300 that ( $10)
The chinese restaurant down stairs overlooks the river and is simply delightful. The service is impeccable . Relax with tea and a wonderful meal, they do have dim sum for lunch but we were off exploring/
Combine the convenient location with the incredible service and food and you have a 5 star experience
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai Hotel Wiang
- Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai Hotel
- Dusit Island Hotel Chiang Rai
- Dusit Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai Dusit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai is Situated on an Island in the Mae Kok River that flows through central Chiang Rai, Thailand's northernmost province. Located next to Chiang Rai Town and less than 45 minutes from the Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Burma and Laos meet, Dusit Island Resort provides a gateway to explore the varied sights and sounds of the northern region. With easy access to the mountains, forests, rivers, ancient temples and colourful hilltribes, many of the region's major attractions are within a day's journey from the resort.The hotel's decor and furnishings also reflect the diversity of norhtern Thai styles. For special functions, guests can enjoy traditional dining on the floor while leaning against multi-coloured triangular cushions. The Mae Kok River provides a spectacular natural backdrop visible from all the guest rooms, as well from the rooftop restaurant, The Peak. Primarily a resort hotel, the Dusit Island Resort is also fully equipped to host business meetings, seminars and a variety of social functions.Whether travelling on business or for pleasure, no trip to northern Thailand would be complete without a stay at Dusit Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.