ok this hotel may lack charm as it is a huge ugly building but it is an excellent place to stay. It is located right on the river, with magnificent view from the room (actually we arrived there by long tail boat directly to the small pier of the hotel, which was very nice). The pool is huge.
The rooms also are huge and very well equipped, and the bathroom is very convenient and big with both a bathtub and shower.
The staff is very friendly, but not very efficient. we had a small problem with the dinner as my friend and i both asked for fish and received instead 2 pork steaks that we didn't eat. They didn't even bother to apologize or change them. But it was OK as the menu was quite solid and we weren't hungry anymore.
The breakfast buffet is very good.
Ah one more thing: there was a big reception at night in the gardens by the pool and river, it started at 6:00 PM and ended up after midnight. There was a lot of loud music and people speaking on mics, so it was quite bothering while we were having dinner near them, and even after that in our room we had difficulties to fall asleep because of the noise though we were in a very elevated floor supposedly quite far from the place itself.
As an overall a very good hotel to stay in
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai Hotel Wiang
- Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai Hotel
- Dusit Island Hotel Chiang Rai
- Dusit Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai Dusit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai is Situated on an Island in the Mae Kok River that flows through central Chiang Rai, Thailand's northernmost province. Located next to Chiang Rai Town and less than 45 minutes from the Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Burma and Laos meet, Dusit Island Resort provides a gateway to explore the varied sights and sounds of the northern region. With easy access to the mountains, forests, rivers, ancient temples and colourful hilltribes, many of the region's major attractions are within a day's journey from the resort.The hotel's decor and furnishings also reflect the diversity of norhtern Thai styles. For special functions, guests can enjoy traditional dining on the floor while leaning against multi-coloured triangular cushions. The Mae Kok River provides a spectacular natural backdrop visible from all the guest rooms, as well from the rooftop restaurant, The Peak. Primarily a resort hotel, the Dusit Island Resort is also fully equipped to host business meetings, seminars and a variety of social functions.Whether travelling on business or for pleasure, no trip to northern Thailand would be complete without a stay at Dusit Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.