This was our fourth stay since 1998; 13 years ago Dusit Island Resort was “simply the best” hotel in Chiang Rai. However during the last years a few brandnew top-hotels have been build (The Legend, Le Meridien, Imperial River House), so competition is high. We booked a standard “superior” room, including breakfast buffet at booking.com for 2950bt/night, but prices go up and down.
Hotel is located on its own island in the Khok-river, 2km from night market and central bus station … if you are fit enough this will be no problem to walk this short distance, for lazy people there are plenty of taxis and tuktuks throughout the city or you can take the shuttle service of the hotel (not for free : 40bt/pp). Our room (30m²) was comfortable, very clean, and quiet at night, with view on the Khok river. Excellent bed. Good and silent airco, TV, fridge. Large bathroom with separate bath and shower, all amenities, adequate and clean. Wifi available but at crazy rates : 535bt/day.
You can take a huge breakfast buffet inside or outside on the riverbank. During the day you can relax near the giant swimming pool (ocean-like), most of the time you will be alone. Sauna, fitness room, tenniscourts, super-large garden.
We have stayed in a few other 3* and 4*-hotels in Chiang Rai (Wiang Inn, Wang Come, Laluna, Rimkok resort), but Dusit Island resort is by far our favourite. For those people who have complaints about this hotel : don’t foolish yourself if you want 5-star service for a 4-star price, but go to Le Meridien and pay at least 2,5x the Dusit rate !
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai Hotel Wiang
- Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai Hotel
- Dusit Island Hotel Chiang Rai
- Dusit Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai Dusit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai is Situated on an Island in the Mae Kok River that flows through central Chiang Rai, Thailand's northernmost province. Located next to Chiang Rai Town and less than 45 minutes from the Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Burma and Laos meet, Dusit Island Resort provides a gateway to explore the varied sights and sounds of the northern region. With easy access to the mountains, forests, rivers, ancient temples and colourful hilltribes, many of the region's major attractions are within a day's journey from the resort.The hotel's decor and furnishings also reflect the diversity of norhtern Thai styles. For special functions, guests can enjoy traditional dining on the floor while leaning against multi-coloured triangular cushions. The Mae Kok River provides a spectacular natural backdrop visible from all the guest rooms, as well from the rooftop restaurant, The Peak. Primarily a resort hotel, the Dusit Island Resort is also fully equipped to host business meetings, seminars and a variety of social functions.Whether travelling on business or for pleasure, no trip to northern Thailand would be complete without a stay at Dusit Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.