“Incredible visit to Le Meridien Chiang Rai” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort

You added Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort to your Saves list
Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221/2 Moo 20, Kwaewai Road | Tambon Robwieng, Amphur Muang, Chiang Rai 57000, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Value deal from THB3820++
Ranked #4 of 107 Hotels in Chiang Rai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Incredible visit to Le Meridien Chiang Rai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights at the Le Meridian 2 weeks ago in Chaing Rai, and could not have been happier with our stay. We were upgraded to a great room upon our arrival.

The property is beautiful and very well maintained. We had an excellent dinner at their Italian restaurant at a table overlooking the river. We even watched young monks in orange robes playing soccer on the other side of the river while we dined! The food and beverage manager was great and was fun to visit with during our stay.

Justin the general manager was also tremendous! Prior to our arrival we knew that the resort was fully booked and not available for a 3rd night, but Justin kept watching for any cancellations. Unfortunately none developed, but Justsin was kind enough to call us at the River House resort, where we spend our 3rd night, just to thank us again for our business!!!

Thanks again, Justin.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Justin_Malcolm, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear scmpsc

It was lovely meeting you both during your visit to Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your time with us, especially your dinner in Favola. I've already thanked the team for taking great care of you, I just wish I was able to squeeze you in for your last night.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your very kind words, it's much appreciated. I wish you both a great year and I really do hope to welcome you back again sometime in the near future. If so, please let me know in advance so I can take care of your details personally.

Justin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

Took a vacation from our vacation at the Chiang Rai Meridien, booking a good internet rate and upgraded on arrival. Can't say enough positive about this Meridien. Hotel food, gym, pool, management and staff were excellent. Hired a car through the hotel for day trip to Golden Triangle. Ate at LaLavelee down the road and liked that, too. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Justin_Malcolm, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Dear JaneInVT

Thanks so much for taking time to write about your visit to Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, I definitely can't ask for more than two thumbs up. I'm so pleased you were well taken care of and the team were thrilled to listen to your wonderful comments.

I hope I get the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Roi Et, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

The hotel is beautiful, the staff is very kind and speaks English very well, and the food (especially the breakfast) was outstanding. But the staff really went above and beyond when we left a gift package of cheeses from the states in their office fridge and they took it to the bus station to send it to us in Chiang Mai. The staff did not rest until they were sure we were able to find the station and get the package. We would stay at Le Meridian Chiang Mai again just for the ambience and hospitality, but now will definitely go back!

Dear chrisanddora

It was wonderful to read about your recent experience with us, thank you for taking time to share how our team assisted in getting your cheese to you in Chiang Mai after your departure. I've shared your feedback with our team whom were thrilled you wrote about it, and I'm even more thrilled that you'll definitely be back again. Please do let me know when your travel plans bring you back this way so I may thank you in person, and take care of your reservation details personally.

Once again, thank you.

las vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed 3 nights in this stunning property located on the riverfront in Chiang Rai. The grounds are immaculate place of serenity and tranquillity with all the amenities you could want or imagine! The service is beyond perfect and rooms are more than spacious and include every feature , the restraunts/food are fabulous and the Pavarti spa services (spa located on perfect tranquil river front spot) transforms you and transports you to a dreamy state. Don't miss dinner at Favola's resatraunt on the riverfront patio next to the woodburning firepit- Stunningly romantic! Breakfast buffett is awesome with warm freshly cooked stuffed or plain croissants served to your table throughtout the buffet! Don't miss the Musilli coupled with the Pear Compote- Awesome stuff! We'll be returning reguarlly!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Justin_Malcolm, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Dear georgeblasvegas

I know I've already sent you a separate email thanking you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay, but I wanted to make sure this reached you also. I was so pleased to see you'll be back again so do drop me a note when you next plan your trip so I can take care of your reservation details personally.

Wishing you all the best and see you again very soon.

Poste Lafayette
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

This hotel/resort is everything anyone would want in a relaxing environment. The contemporary building is surrounded by natural beauty and tranquility of pools of water and river. The comfortable rooms are spacious and attractive. The service is impecable. We have been pampered since we arrived and have enjoyed all the amenities including the two outstanding restaurants.
We hope one day to get back to this beautiful place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Justin_Malcolm, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Dear miltbatman

Firstly, apologies for writing late, I thought I had covered all reviews but seem to have missed your wonderful comments. Thank you for taking the time to write. The tranquility of our resort is one of the most commented aspects of our guests stay and I'm pleased you also felt the same. More importantly I'm very pleased you felt pampered during your visit. I've since read your comments to our team whom were thrilled you thought their service was impecable.

It's fantastic to read reviews such as yours as it really puts in to perspective our focus on training linking it to our delivery. Thanks for making our day!

Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

All was perfect. (Meals, pool, personal, welcoming etc.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear albireo0

I have to say this is the shortest review I've ever read on TripAdvisor, however I'd like to thank you for letting me know your visit was perfect.

What a way to start my day, thank you!

All the very best and I hope we see you again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

We stayed two nights at this exceptional hotel - the room was large and beautifully appointed, the grounds impeccable, the pool stunning as you swim and look over the river, the buffet breakfast memorable and exotic, and the staff wonderful. We were lucky enough to stay here as part of a tour package, otherwise it would be too pricey. The hotel food/drink prices were on the high side for Thailand, but the setting is beautiful. Free computer use too!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Blondesteven

Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, it was great to read your comments. I'm glad you loved our large rooms & grounds, we get a lot of people commenting on both & the team were equally thrilled to hear you thought they were wonderful.

We do run many specials and packages throughout the year though, so those not on a tour will be able to take advantage of our very attrative rates. I noted your comments on F+B pricing and we're currently in the middle of reviewing these to ensure we're priced competitively in the market.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back again in the future and thanks again for writing.

Justin

Been to Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort? Share your experiences!