“Relaxing winter break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort

You added The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort to your Saves list
The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   849/21 Petchkasem Road | Cha-Am Beach, Cha-am 76120, Thailand (Formerly Holiday Inn Resort Regent Beach Cha-Am)   |
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Cha-am
Kent UK
“Relaxing winter break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Lovely room with a big balcony overlooking the pool and sea behind. Mostly clean but I noticed there sticky marks on the bathroom door (suncream I think) that were not cleaned during our stay, so maybe only superficially clean.
Hotel full of elderly people escaping the northern european winter. They seemed to have the sunbeds sussed and there was not one to be had round the pool after 09:00, mainly due to good tipes to the staff we guess! We found this a bit irritating at first but by the end of the holiday we thought it was a brilliant way to spend your winter in this lovely country.
We didn't find the service good in the hotel, we were asked if we wanted breakfast when we arrived, but were not told if we didn't pay there and then we had to pay double the price offered at check in. We tried the breakfast the first morning and didn't really find it worth the cost, and the waiters and waitresses miserable. In fact most of the staff were pretty unlike the Thai people we met out of the hotel, I suggest management needs to take a close look at this and try to find out what is wrong.
The bars and restaurants always seemed to be pretty empty so we didn't eat in the hotel again. The drinks even in happy hours were not nearly as good value as the village prices.
Outside of the hotel the small village (love to know the name of it) was great and the local people delightful. One reviewer said she thought it unsafe, this is absolubtly not the case, it was totally relaxing and pleasant to stroll down the road in the evening.
We particularly liked the Blue Bell Bar which was great value with lovely owners and service. Our favourite restuarant was The Mermaid , the owner Jeab was so kind and helpful to us (my husband has recently had some major surgery making eating difficult). She and her fantastic staff especially Peat who is exceptionally lovely, were probably the best thing about our whole holiday, and the food was beautiful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I see the positive reviews and I wonder if this is the same hotel we stayed at last August.

We were a group of 10 - four adults and children ranging in ages from 6 - 14.

The hotel was filled with hidden charges and no help whatsoever.

One morning, at the sad budget breakfast buffet, i was pouring milk on cereal when the spigot broke and milk poured all over my top. i shrieked with laughter, my husband stopped the spray, and the staff didn't offer to wash my top. and really, the breakfast buffet was pitiable.

the mini golf course they advertise? it is run down, and there is no personnel there. so if anything goes wrong, you have to walk back to the hotel, and see the often unavailable staff. the course hasn't been cleaned in ... ages??? so it is up to you to do it. there are cracks rips...making this course a RIP OFF..

every resort in asia is susceptible to bugs, i do understand that.

the Kids club was quite nice but did not offer many outdoor activities. our kids attended twice, and never for a full afternoon or morning. if they wanted to watch television they could

the staff cannot be blamed for their lack of English, but management needs to invest in training. August may be low season, but that is no excuse not to have enough staff on the premises to attend to customers. not if you wish repeat business. the pool did not even have drinking water nearby and it took ages (20 plus minutes) to get someone to place your drink order.

two adults in our party used the spa, and described the masseur as on par with the person on the beach....skilled but not worth the price.

we needed to use the internet and the resort charges you for this. we bought internet time, which had to be used up in 24 hours for no other reason than management declared it so.

the price doesn't reflect the quality of the food. thankfully we soon learned to walk along the street and have dinner there in the local restaurants.

the duty manager, a local gentleman, was the one person who seemed interested in solving our room problems, and took the time to try and get us into rooms that would suit us. we appreciated him.

understaffed, the communal bathrooms were not cleaned, dirty dishes gathered for hours in the same spot, which attracted bugs, pools were not cleaned, counters not dusted. the staff that were there did their jobs, there just weren't enough staff and they probably weren't trained in job-sharing/multi-tasking.

the ocean was full of jellyfish. (not hotel's fault, but hardly makes it "the unparalleled stretch of beachfront" the resort boasts itself to be.)

rooms were typical, no better, no worse. had to wait a while for them to be cleaned, again, not the staff's fault.

at the end of our visit i filled out the review form. no one ever got back to me, which is pretty much the attitude of the hotel. i certainly don't blame the employees, this is a top down management issue.

we have lived in asia for over 10 years and have stayed in resorts across the region. i am sorry this review is so negative....we really wish it had been a better experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Brixham Devon UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Stayed for 24nights so had time to take an in depth view of the Hotel and everything it offers, or otherwise. We stayed in the Regency Wing Sea Facing rooms, in fact a mini suite from the front door to the end of the terrace it was over 14mtrs in length and just a few steps to the sea. Afraid Hotel does not show these rooms on its website, worth every penny of the extra cost.
The rooms are well kept, but could do with a total upgrade, as the Sea View rooms in the main blook have done. The Hotel is away from nightlfe as already stated, but for a relaxing holiday could be almost perfect, Along the beach south towards Hua Hin just next to the end of the Holiday Inn is the Beach Terrace, it has seven rooms for rent a good bar plus food, very reasonably prices and pleasent company from the Danish owner and his lovely Thai wife.
Also in the village are a number of food outlets, two which we liked where the Mermaid, right at the begining of the village from the holiday inn on the left hand side, and further on on the other side of the road the Happy Bar and Resturant.
Cars can be hired with driver in the lane to the village from about £30/35 per day, you can decide what you want to do and see and stop whenever. We had lunch one day about 25 miles south of Hua Hin at a seaside place, fresh fish still just about alive, and then cooked to perfection for three of us with beers for less than £15!!!!!!
Lastly, the room maids were lovely, and kept the old room in such a perfect condition, with fresh flowers every day, only negitive comments, the Reception staff do not appear very friendly, partly I believe because they need extra language lessions and further training, but that just a small matter,

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
IntaraR, Executive Secretary at The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff and our management team, I would like to thank you for wrtie us comment during your recent stay with us. We highly appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are extremely vital for us to continue improving our services and accommodations.
As comments from our guests are of critical importance to us in assessing our performance. I would like to assure you of our continuing endeavors to provide a consistently high standard of service at all times.
Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and hopefully to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Resort Regent Beach Cha-Am

Yours sincerely
The Management Team
Holiday Inn Resort Regent Beach Cha-am
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

We have stayed here 3 years in a row and plan to come back next year. We meet so many repeat travellers. It is everything we want. Clean, comfortable, lots of room around the pool and brilliant staff. The village at the front of the hotel is a bonus. Just enough to do in the evenings without the sleaze and hassle of some other Thai resorts. We hope to persuade our daughter, husband and new baby to come with us next January.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
IntaraR, Executive Secretary at The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Management team and staff, I would like to thank you for your review to let us know your experience during your recent stay.

Sincerely yours,
The Management Team - Holiday Inn Resort Regent Beach Cha - Am
Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We had gone on a company seminar - about 100 of us .The resort is quite far from the main road, a convenience store is desirable so that essential things could be purchased .The staff is coutreous, though i was amazed they were not willing to give me a complimentary internet for one day , despite the company having booked so many rooms - that was very strange indeed !!.Rooms are well kept and has a small balcony ,The swimming pool was good , the food at the buffet break fast had a good variety . and yet someting was missing in the atmosphere ,it was like the resort is there but the staff were just doing their work -aimless , i think that its just too big a resort and needs adequate people to man at all stations .

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff and our management team, I would like to thank you for write us review for your recent stay with us. We highly appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are extremely vital for us to continue improving our services and accommodations.

I have passed your comments to the concern department heads and please rest assured that it is always our utmost concern in guest satisfaction.

The Management team - Holiday Inn Resort Regent Beach Cha - am
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Check in was quick, with friendly staff and a welcome drink (too sweet, whatever it was). The beach was very clean but the water was a bit murky and stoney on the edge of the water. Our room was very nice and I have to say it was one of the best beds I have every slept in on holiday.........soooo comfortable. Went into Hua Hin twice, shopping in the night market (better bargains to be had at Patpong market, Bangkok). The restaurant that stands out the most would be the Family Restaurant run by Del Boy and Rennie, two great guys. Both swimming pools were nice and warm and not too deep. The jacuzzi was really just a man made rock pool but it was still ok to use and nice and warm. The grounds were lovely and well kept. The crazy golf was absolute rubbish, needs a good overhaul. You really can't play on it as it is. I would take mozzie spray for the evening as you will definitely need this. I would recommend this hotel and location if you want a relaxing holiday without the noise and pollution of jet skiis etc.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff and our management team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us review during your recent stay with us. We highly appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are extremely vital for us to continue improving our services and accommodations.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and hopefully to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Resort Regent Beach Cha-am.

The Management Team - Holiday Inn Resort Regent Beach Cha - am
Castle Cary, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

I have stayed at the Regency wing on three previous occasions and was prepared to pay the premium price for the convenience of the separate lobby area and restaurant.However I was suprised to find that now, both of these facilities are closed.All reception services are now located at the main wing, as are the restaurants. I found it rather strange that the reception staff took me to my room via a very unsalubrious underground tunnel .(Mind your head on the pipes!!) Not very 4 star.I understand that some of the main hotel rooms have been refurbished-not so the Regency wing.The bathroom was very tired.I also understand that this wing is to be closed for a major refurbishment from April but this is, obviously ,of little concern to those staying before that is done.The services provided to guests staying in this wing seem to vary wildly-some receiving night time turn down/change of towels,free newspaper, fruit and biscuits or a combination thereof.Unluckily I got none of them.Another major concern which apparently is being dealt with (but not very quickly) is the large number of stray cats freely roaming the grounds.It is a particularly unedifying sight to see them using the grass area outside your ground floor room as a cats toilet.
I would stay here again as the location is lovely,but I certainly would not stay at this 'premium' wing as I can't for the life of me see what I was paying extra for.Complaints about the aforegoing fell on deaf ears.I would advise anyone planning to stay to check very carefully to see exactly what you are getting for your money.I have said I would recommend this hotel and so I would but with provisos.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff and our management team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us comment during your recent stay with us. We highly appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are extremely vital for us to continue improving our services and accommodations.

It was a great pleasure to have you staying with us and thank you for your kindness to let us know in your comments. I have passed your comments to the attention of department heads concern and please rest assured it is always utmost concern in guest satisfaction.

The Management Team
Holiday Inn Resort Regent Beach Cha-am

Been to The Regent Cha Am Beach Resort? Share your experiences!